Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

to ebabies:DON'T BE CHEATED HERE!!

louisa_happy

China

TO all ebabies:

how are you ebabies? hope you are all fine and enjoy  your new year.

but,i am not fine here,i am in a rage—-i was cheated!!!

some days ago,i received an email here in englishbaby. someone from SENEGAL,whoes ID is goodlove20,said she want to make friends with me,and gave me her email address. so i sent her one. then she replied and began our contract. after two emails,she told me that she is in a refugee camp in senegal,her parents had died for some reason.  and she said that her father had $550 million in STANDARD CHARTERED BANK UK,and she is the next kin.she has her father's death certificate and something which can prove that she can get the money.but she is in trouble,she said she need my help. so i did!! she gave me the bank's email address and asked me to tell them what she wanted to say. at first,i was puzzled that how can she trust a person she had never met ?  but she said that if anyone in her situation will do so. then i think that if that's true,and on one helps her,that's really very hopeless for her. so i sent the email to the bank. and it replied. and said that they need three thing, one of them is that they need a witness who  is a native lawyer in senegal.  i   told her that. and she gave me a email address of an lawyer,let me to contact. i did so. and they replied that they need my information.

i am a little puzzled and wandered that whether i am helping the right person who is the real CYNTHIA GOBAH,and whether there is such a bank in the UK,whether there is a refugee camp in senegal,whether there is such a lawyer ? what can i  do if i am helping to creat a crime? so i kept an eye. i came to englishbaby. i asked someone who is in the UK that if the bank is there. and asked some people who is senegalnese that if the refugee camp exist.  besides,i search the internet to see something about senegal,but there is no useful information except traveling… those kind ebabied replied me. the results shocked me. there is a bank in the UK,but the email addresses are fake. and there is no such a place called the refugee camp in the senegal!!!

then i sent to her an email(actually i want to do so at first),and said that i want to see the picture of her ID card.  till  now,no reply…

see how foolish i am!!! one of my friends once said that i am a person who has the confidence not to be cheated,but always to be cheated…i denied,but know i think  i am….

the so named Cynthia Gobah:

i don't know who are you,i dont know your real   name ,and i also think that the picture you sent to me is also fake. i  hope you can stop!! you cannot use people's sympth to cheat them.!!

and ebabies:

do NOT trust anyone so easily, you may be cheated!!!

09:34 AM Dec 31 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Randyinseattle

United States

When they offer to transfer money into your account it is because they will ask for some of th emoney back. Usually they will transfer a few hundred to a few thousand dollars more than they said and then say they made a mistake. Eventually the bank will realize the money was stolen and you will be accountable for the money you wired back, as well as any other money you spent.

It probably was a guy making the marrriage offer too :D

03:32 PM Jan 19 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

ohoo.. i had a lot of them too..

but thanks me..I don't add msn..

I just have some important firends msn with me..

:)

don't add others..

Don't be cheated… :P

there are a lot of ppl here, using ebaby for jokes, sex, and swears, and for cheat someone..:S:S

So shame..

04:33 PM Jan 23 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

For me..this site suppose to be a tools rider..to get knowledge,friendship,motivations..getting views from some other peoples minds and idea..to knows about their social life and sensitivity..Well…someother peoples is always come up with some other idea..and its good..because..someother peoples seen a big things..some other peoples seen a germ..

being cheated…?yeah…but don't ever ever be a cheater…

07:46 PM Jan 23 2009 |

-JLu-

-JLu-

Canada

dont be a victim. be vigilant. scammers are everywhere 

03:10 AM Jan 24 2009 |

apits

China

oh my , i got so many of them. enough for a book

05:13 AM Jan 31 2009 |

adrianasparvolli

Brazil

You have a good heart.

Unfortunately there are a lot of ppl in this world who´s not good hearted.

02:35 AM Feb 05 2009 |

bouncer009

bouncer009

India

thank u louisa_happy and thanks for all ebabies for their useful post.i received a scammers mail at the very first day in ebaby.but with the help of u all i can recognise the scammer.

once again thanks to every one Smile

06:43 PM Feb 05 2009 |

SarahH08

SarahH08

United States

Thanks louisa. Actually reading emails like this and those of others can show that it is work of scammers…. of course, for those who can easily point out a scam when he/she sees it.

01:21 PM Feb 06 2009 |

louisa_happy

China

i think those people are so crazy…

be careful guys,they won't succeed. they are wasting time~

07:56 AM Feb 07 2009 |

piotrek1887

Poland

greet . I am from Poland . This person sended me the same literally , the same text . a lot of cheats are in net . I greet

09:58 AM May 08 2009 |