Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

to ebabies:DON'T BE CHEATED HERE!!

louisa_happy

China

TO all ebabies:

how are you ebabies? hope you are all fine and enjoy  your new year.

but,i am not fine here,i am in a rage—-i was cheated!!!

some days ago,i received an email here in englishbaby. someone from SENEGAL,whoes ID is goodlove20,said she want to make friends with me,and gave me her email address. so i sent her one. then she replied and began our contract. after two emails,she told me that she is in a refugee camp in senegal,her parents had died for some reason.  and she said that her father had $550 million in STANDARD CHARTERED BANK UK,and she is the next kin.she has her father's death certificate and something which can prove that she can get the money.but she is in trouble,she said she need my help. so i did!! she gave me the bank's email address and asked me to tell them what she wanted to say. at first,i was puzzled that how can she trust a person she had never met ?  but she said that if anyone in her situation will do so. then i think that if that's true,and on one helps her,that's really very hopeless for her. so i sent the email to the bank. and it replied. and said that they need three thing, one of them is that they need a witness who  is a native lawyer in senegal.  i   told her that. and she gave me a email address of an lawyer,let me to contact. i did so. and they replied that they need my information.

i am a little puzzled and wandered that whether i am helping the right person who is the real CYNTHIA GOBAH,and whether there is such a bank in the UK,whether there is a refugee camp in senegal,whether there is such a lawyer ? what can i  do if i am helping to creat a crime? so i kept an eye. i came to englishbaby. i asked someone who is in the UK that if the bank is there. and asked some people who is senegalnese that if the refugee camp exist.  besides,i search the internet to see something about senegal,but there is no useful information except traveling… those kind ebabied replied me. the results shocked me. there is a bank in the UK,but the email addresses are fake. and there is no such a place called the refugee camp in the senegal!!!

then i sent to her an email(actually i want to do so at first),and said that i want to see the picture of her ID card.  till  now,no reply…

see how foolish i am!!! one of my friends once said that i am a person who has the confidence not to be cheated,but always to be cheated…i denied,but know i think  i am….

the so named Cynthia Gobah:

i don't know who are you,i dont know your real   name ,and i also think that the picture you sent to me is also fake. i  hope you can stop!! you cannot use people's sympth to cheat them.!!

and ebabies:

do NOT trust anyone so easily, you may be cheated!!!

09:34 AM Dec 31 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

green greener

United Arab Emirates

Thanks lousia happy to share with us this story, actually this is also happened to me, a number of similar emails sent to my account from different countries that they are in trouble and they want a trusted person to get their money outside their countries. I was like you wandering how could a person like them trusted anyone who they never see or can't be sure if they are thief or not. I did like you, I asked someone about this and also checked on internet about these kind of emails. and I was interested that I wasn't alone in this, there were many people before me who asked like me. So, now whenever like these emails come to my inbox, I just deleted directly without even reading the content of it.

10:13 AM May 08 2009 |

kitket007

kitket007

Zimbabwe

hello darling .
I thank you ones again for reaching me. I hope you are keeping fine today, How is your work over there? As for me, i am looking fine over here. Really it sounds some how depositing such a big trust to some body that you have never seen in person but one thing you ought to understand is that any body who is into difficult situation may be looking for help from every angle and when i come in contact with you i was some how felt relaxed saying with me that God has answered my fasting and prayers.I was moved.
These are the contact informations of the bank are as follows: and i would like you to contact them today for this fund and ask them how this fund will be transfered into your account as my trustee and partner, Let them know that it’s Miss mirian Gobah Instructed to transfer this fund into your account..Though i have already discussed with them regarding this fund and also introduced you to the management of the bank including the manager for foreign transfers of the bank.I have called them on phone and also get regular in touch with them through emails concerning the fund. I do not see anybody asking any query regarding this fund because they have accepted to release the money but all they need from me this moment is the one who will stand on my behalf to claim the money. Below is the contact informations of the bank.
Mr.Evan M.Davies
Foreign Remittance Manager.
Standard Chartered Bank Plc,
Head Office Address :
1 Aldermanbury Square,
London EC2V 7SB
Phone : +447031868828
Fax : +447031906308
Email:
Email:
The name of the manager for foreign transfers as i was informed is Mr. Evan M.Davies by the time you contacted them on Fax or email. Please try and contact them now to confirm this and as well on how possible to transfer the ($5..5m million USA dollars) deposited by my late father of which i am the next of kin to your account in your country.My dear i am glad that God has brought you to see me out from this situation and i promise to be very grateful and will equally need you in every area of my life plus investing this money into a project that will develop this fund in near future.
Darling i feel i can make it to join you as soon as you are through with this transfer or you can come down to met me over here and see how you will assist me to join you.I don’t think i will regret being with you in your country, i feel it’s so better for me to be with you than to be over here, i have made my decision not to continue staying in this country anymore. My dearest, i hope you approach this issue as yours, and give an urgent attention, because i am all yours and i want to be yours all my life; i so much trust you and i will like you to maintain the trust i have got in you.
I will be waiting to hear from you soonest!.
Yours forever in love,
mirian.

08:35 PM Aug 23 2009 |

kitket007

kitket007

Zimbabwe

Eish guyz am in the danm situation but with all ur help am now on the stage below showing the last email sent to me but guess wat am gonna persue it to the end.

Here is her message

hello darling .
I thank you ones again for reaching me. I hope you are keeping fine today, How is your work over there? As for me, i am looking fine over here. Really it sounds some how depositing such a big trust to some body that you have never seen in person but one thing you ought to understand is that any body who is into difficult situation may be looking for help from every angle and when i come in contact with you i was some how felt relaxed saying with me that God has answered my fasting and prayers.I was moved.

These are the contact  informations of the bank are as follows: and i would like you to contact them today for this fund and ask them how this fund will be transfered into your account as my trustee and partner, Let them know that it's Miss mirian Gobah Instructed to transfer this fund into your account..Though i have already discussed with them regarding this fund and also introduced you to the management of the bank including the manager for foreign transfers of the bank.I have called them on phone and also get regular in touch with them through emails concerning the fund. I do not see anybody asking any query regarding this fund because they have accepted to release the money but all they need from me this moment is the one who will stand on my behalf to claim the money. Below is the contact informations of the bank.

Mr.Evan M.Davies
Foreign Remittance Manager.
Standard Chartered Bank Plc,
Head Office Address :
1 Aldermanbury Square,
London EC2V 7SB
Phone : +447031868828
Fax : +447031906308
Email:
Email:

The name of the manager for foreign transfers as i was informed is Mr. Evan M.Davies by the time you contacted them on Fax or email. Please  try and contact them now to confirm this and as well on how possible to transfer the ($5..5m million USA dollars) deposited by my late father of which i am the next of kin to your account in your country.My dear i  am glad that God has brought you to see me out from this situation and i promise to be very grateful and will equally need you in every area of  my life plus investing this money into a project that will develop this fund in near future.

Darling i feel i can make it to join you as soon as you are through with this transfer or you can come down to met me over here and see how you will assist me to join you.I don't think i will regret being with you in your country, i feel it's so better for me to be with you than to be over here, i have made my  decision not to continue staying in this country anymore. My dearest, i hope you approach  this issue as yours, and give an urgent attention, because i am all yours  and i want to be yours all my life; i so much trust you and i will like you to maintain the trust i have got in you.

I will be waiting to hear from you soonest!.
Yours forever in love,
mirian.

08:49 PM Aug 23 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Oh My God, I had a friend on ebaby who got that message too,wow.

I am really scared now!Cry

08:30 AM Aug 24 2009 |

gnam83@ymail.com

Tanzania, United Republic Of

That is ridiculous!
I’ve got the same email she wrote to me but she introduced to me as miss favour.
She wrote quite the same topic.
Ooosh!I’ve been cheated.

12:49 PM Jun 29 2010 |

loveisbitch

China

U are not so smart enough , I should say 。 I also  received that scam from  an African  woman before,  but I  spotted it was a pure trap .SO i  ignored it .

07:03 PM Oct 28 2011 |