Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why is Allah silent?

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Yesterday I was watching news on TV with my family, (father, mother, bro, and my little cousin_Fırat)

There were some pics and videos from Palestine, with full of dead ppl, broken houses, crying mothers, angry fathers, afraiding kids..

then my little cousin asked me > Who are they? Is there earthquick? How many ppl died?

I said > No honey, there is War in a country too far from here..And they are muslim too.

He said > they are muslim, and having a bad painingfull?

So Sibel, tell me Where is God! Why is Allah silent? Why Allah doesn't do anything to help them?

I couldn't reply him..And looked my father :)

Then my father answered him for me >> Ask your father, cuttie OK?

Cousin said > But my father doesn't know anything about Islam.. maybe he doesn't believe.

My father > Yeaa I know.. then that reason made me say you ''Ask your father'' He will give you the best answer!

__

:) I don't know if my little cousin asked his father (my uncle) or not… But i still wonder Why the Allah is silent!

Do u have any idea.. If yes, pls reply me.. :)

01:59 PM Jan 02 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

narges

narges

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

‘a being used to explain our ignorance or lack of knowledge when we cannot explain something scientifically’

good, we need God for just explain the world? we do`nt need him as a comfort source? maybe some persons like you occupy themselves by other things to fill this vaccum!

and exactly vice versa! when we discover s.th or achieve science,then we realize God being! and understand behind of everything is God,

There are plenty of logical explanations about the existence of the universe,

i do`nt have any problem for these logical explanations, i asked to you that show me a logical explanation for creat this universe (which is alive from 4 billion years ago)

without God being, u said to me that there is`nt any logical reasons for being this world (it's easier to believe that the world 'just existed' as it didn't need to be created.") means the world `s been in solar system without any reason and the Solar system,too!

not a single one of them requires the interference of any deity.

we theists do`nt say God interferes in our lifes,( to javamanju:And also He does`nt interfere in our lives! instead : He helps us!)(my last comment to javamanju) if God wants to interfere, today is`nt like this we see! war & war & war….terrorists grow more and innocent people r killed more….

(So why He is silent now? because He gave us prophets! our prophets gave us their books and any other points not remained that He does`nt say!

So now it`s OUR duty to do these guidances! because we have intelligence and Choice power! )( again my last comment)

if God interfered we had peace now…..if God wants to interfere to our lifes,so what`s the necessity we have intelligence & choice power? otherwise we do`nt have any difference with animals without these 2 points! (add this to ur knowledge list)

but the way that you have phrased your questions shows how little you have really thought about this subject, you've just accepted the religion of your birth, and all that goes with it, and will never accept that there could be anything different.

i should say i`m 18 years old now, 2 years ago in a summer it happened something that i became an atheist! for 2 months! i do`nt know how it happened but i did`nt beleive in God! after 2 months i felt a vaccum in my life, i needed to comfort but i could`nt continue, and the result was i came back to my God! 16 years i lived without any curiosity about my God, after this happened i studied alot and come nearer to God, and i understood all the life is full of God`s love! i live in the best way beside my God! and my theism now is my personal result! so u should`nt say that belief is a something that it came by us from birth!

A shoe is clearly designed, in the way that an octopus is not

??? u mean that a simple shoe is designed but an octopus with a complex structure is NOT designed!!! oh,my God, what do u say? because u claim u r logical and just accept scientific reasons plz read scientific books to see how is designed living creatures! fully complex structures! see urself one min, if just 1 degree of your body increases, you have a fever! it shows u your body design so precise! but when a human design a shoe probability of mistake is , why we encounter to backache or some aches about foot? because of our weakness in desgining !

"And, you still have to tell me who created god, or i will just argue that it's easier to believe that the world 'just existed' as it didn't need to be created."

u beleive the world existed did`nt need to created? u did`nt read in ur readings that earth created 4 billion years ago by the Big bang?

on the whole it shows how little you have really thought about this subject not me! and YOUR information is not enough,

thx a lot!

10:34 PM Jan 19 2009 |

narges

narges

Lack of knowledge is the reason why science denies god. Excuse me, let me correct myself, not science but some scientists. If faithful person encounters a phenomenon he cannot explain he accept it as a god's act. If some scientists encounter a phenomenon they cannot explain they deny the very fact. If something don't fit in the theory it's easier to apply the blind eye to the fact and correct a little bit by using any constant. A plenty of explanations, a lot of theories it's all the lack of knowledge. Do you know the sense when you have learned something a little and you think that you know everything, but then, the more you study the more you understand you know nothing? So the level of our science is 'we have learned something a little'.

Excellent!!! :)

10:36 PM Jan 19 2009 |

narges

narges

Actually, that's not true at all. Real science is involved with investigations. If we encounter something we cannot explain, we try to find out how to explain it. That discovery might even show that our previous knowledge was wrong. In fact, this is the utter opposite of religion, where the fact is assumed without investigations, and any opposing voice is simply ignored.

u compared today science and thinking method of a religious person in middle ages about facts! u do`nt have to do this!

these are incomparable! if u study Quran, u`ll understand somethings scientists discovery now, it said 14 century ago! Quran does`nt have any problem with investigation, and exactly it summons people to standing up and searching the world,working ,thinking and at last get a result from their researches,updating their knowledge! when Quran says that words,that beleives u said? this is the thought of middle ages! when christian religion was begining to decline,in 7century,exactly in the center of middle ages(when people were in ignorance completely) Islam came with Quran, the most perfect religion in the world,in the history,......

11:03 PM Jan 21 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

Real science is involved with investigations. If we encounter something we cannot explain, we try to find out how to explain it. That discovery might even show that our previous knowledge was wrong.

I agree with every word you said, Andi, but it's true just if it concerns a material world. If it concerns an immaterial world science acts the other way round simply denying the fact. It's impossible just because it's impossible – that's a scientists' answer. 

In fact, this is the utter opposite of religion, where the fact is assumed without investigations, and any opposing voice is simply ignored.

Have you ever thought why?  Imagine, after a great catastrophe, survived a few people. And, for example, you have the only high technology device that remained safe. You know its usage, you know the technology of its production, you know how it works but the next generation is absolutely ignorant and after your death all the knowledge will be lost. How to pass the knowledge to the future generations which would be able to understand it? You have to persuade the next generation to blindly believe everything you would say and pass this knowledge from one generation to another without any changes until the human intelligence reach the level to understand all that was passed. And the more belief, the purer knowledge will be got in the future. So I think the one aspect of religion is the knowledge passing. Remember ancient Egypt. Who was the knowledge keeper there? Thus, science has to be capable to find the grain of truth among the other religious husks which were accumulated through the centuries. 

You're wrong about the explanations too, it's a different problem that you're discussing. Imagine that you were investigating a murder, and you found the victim, and you found the murder weapon, and you found the killer near the scene with the victims blood on his hands, but he wasn't wearing a shirt. Your argument is like saying, you can't prove he did it becasue you don't know what color his shirt was.

I would say diversely you know the colour of the murderer's shirt and you have a crime suspect in the similar shirt, and to prove his guilt you juggle with facts.  

I really wish that more people would really study science.

Me too.

09:57 PM Jan 24 2009 |

narges

narges

Why andi u do`nt answer?

u do`nt have anything to say?

reply…..

01:09 AM Jan 25 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

to narges: maybe I don't exist either.

After a certain point, there is nothing more to be said. It is not my life's mission to convert you from your religion or to any point of view. I don't care if you think about what I said or not. I know the smug feeling you feel when you think that you have come up with such a great argument, as I have felt it before, I was once as religious as you – probably more so. But now I just don't care enough to bother with arguments such as these. If you read your own holy books, and you read science, and use your mind, you will find the truth. You don't need to convince me, nor me to convince you. That way, only conflict lies.

peace.

Andi

02:58 PM Jan 25 2009 |

anonymous(c)

Syrian Arab Republic

On Saturday, December 27, 2008 the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) began a furious terror campaign against the residents of Gaza. Using U.S. supplied F-16 jet fighters, Apache attack helicopters, and other U.S. supplied weapons, the Israeli occupation forces bombarded densely populated civilian centers in the Gaza Strip, killing more than 320 and injuring over 1450, many critically. The casualties include hundreds of women, children and other civilians. This massacre is nothing short of an act of genocide. Why God is silent ?? look Since you are  Moslem U should know that God is there.  God give time but never neglect what is happening as  I am a believer I know that these ةmassacres and killing will  never be forgetten from Us as Moslems . And the blood of those honest mytrars will not fly in the air like dust .  Look just have a faith  the  most important  is to have a faith ….....   

04:13 AM Jan 27 2009 |