Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Peace in Gaza: Stop the Hamas rocket fire!

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Over 7000 rockets from the Hamas-controlled Gaza strip have been fired at Israeli town over the last 3 years. If there is to be peace in Gaza, Hamas should be stopped and disarmed.

Hamas, instead of spending money to rebuild Gaza's infastructure, provide medicine and food for the citizens of Gaza, has chosen instead to spend millions on rockets to provoke Israel into a military conflict that has increased the suffering of the people in the region.

Hamas is a brutal terrorist group that has drawn the people of Gaza into a bloody conflict that no one wanted.

Some  statistics:

An example of the media's coverage on the rockets throughout the years:

02:22 AM Jan 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

only girl

Germany

ha ha ha u make me loughing ..

the Hamas will not stop .. untill u stop ur crime and  back the  Palestine to their their family ..

but I want ask u  u said 7000 and the killed whom?? the Israel children or women ..on the other hand how many rocket fire Israel used and who is killed ? just during a few days they kill more than 1000 and the half of them are children and women , who don't have any guilty.

plz stop ur silly things and all people know the truth without any proof .

10:49 PM Jan 16 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"you're most layar people in this world, you lie and then you believe your self, and more than that, you want the world believe you."

In other words… you can't point anything out. You just like calling me a liar…  I don't lie, I just point out the things you don't know, or choose to ignore.

"you said that there was no country in palestine before"

Yeah, because they're kind of isn't, and never has been?

"arab people lived there from 1500 years ago"

And Jewish people have lived there for 4000 years. Notice that you say 'Arab' people, not 'Palestinian'? The declaration of any such nation of 'Palestinie' never happened till 1987, before the 1st Intifada.

"you said palestinien resist againt who, Against the occupation, ghaza is still under occupation and war"

Israel withdrew in 2005. There were NO Israeli troops in Gaza a few weeks ago. 'Resistance' by Hamas means attacking anywhere they want.

"Ghaza is under Blockade, and hamas get its rockets from the land, not from outside."

So the smuggling tunnels going through Egypt were to carry in vegetables? Wow, I'm loving this.

"about what you said about FLN, you made no defference between it and Hamas, yes, that is not far from you, the killer"

Yes, the FLN were a bunch of terrorists using similar tactics as Hamas.  Any group that purposely targets  civilians as a tactic to me is a terrorist. The FLN killed Arabs that disagreed with them, nd French colonists, including women and children. Just because the FLN won, doesn't make them any less murderers.

"there is no place to Israel in our land, believe it or notI said it, and I repet it,"

With thnking like this, don't be suprised when Israel crushes Hamas and defends itself. It's defintely what I would do to defend my home.

"I said it, and I repet it, Israel is an occupation, like crusades from Europ, you can ask them"

The Crusaders? I needn't even remind you that when the Crusaders came, they massacred Jews and Muslims alike. This is definitely news to me that they're both the same thing.

"you can ask Islamic country from Indunicia  to marroco about israel, they will answer, Israel has to leave from there. we'll fight ut if we could that"

So what? They're WRONG. And they're not going to succeed, nomatter how angry they are. Israel is there to stay and they can either make peace, or launch more wars, then the world can see WHO the aggressor is.

12:12 AM Jan 18 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@only girl:

I've written at least 10 posts to you on the subject of civilians casualites, I'm getting sick of repeating myself, just because you refuse to read them. 

I'm sure if you just hear the Arab media that only sympathises with the Palestinians, ALL the casualties were women and babies.

12:14 AM Jan 18 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

People that think Hamas are the good guys in this should probably look at how Hamas treats its fellow people.

Some scenes from the Hamas rule of the Gaza Strip

02:27 AM Jan 18 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Fine. I thought you were talking to me

"Maybe Palestine wasn’t a country independent by itself, the people belong to this land, and it was followed to Islamic countries, to Turkish"

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY ADMITTING IT. It took a while.

"So, if there were no independent country in Europe, would you take it, to make a new country against their people ???"

The area was and is the ancestral Jewish homeland. It's not as if a random territory was stolen from people, even though you may feel that way. The second obvious problem to that is that the Zionist settlers that arrived bought the land that they had legally and built settlements and kibbutzim. Tension increased obviously with the Arabs lving there because they didn't like them, they were different from them. visually and culturally.

08:24 PM Jan 18 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"Muslim Chrétien and Jewish, who use to live in this land, the Jewish are from the oldest people who lived there
that no one can say it’s wrong, that’s the truth."

Yes there are Muslim and Christian Palestinians, I'm aware. Jewish occupancy of the land predates both of them, as you just said,

"But the problem, when Israel came to change this fact, and try to make the Jewish more, and take more lands, and make the owner of the lands out of their lands."

Which lands are you referring to? As far as I could see, the 1948 paritition plan that the Jews agreed to was much smaller than the present day borders, but that is simply because Israel gained land in the wars that it fought defensively against its neighbours (1948, 1967).

08:27 PM Jan 18 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"that don’t mean that Palestine is not under the occupation, if you make people in a big prison, that don’t mean they’re free.
Gaza is the biggest prison in this world, whish has 1 500 000 people on it."

Well after the Disengagment under Ariel Sharon, the militant groups simply took over what Israel left behind and fired EVEN more rockets. I don't think Israel possibly would have thought opening up Gaza and letting these groups arm even more, rather than stopping they're rockets in response to Israel's gesture of goodwill.  Had the rockets stopped and the threat to Israel been reduced, the blocade probably would have been lifted. Instead, it tighened after Hamas took over the Gaza Strip.

"You have the same opinion like Hitler, you deny the right of freedom of people"

? That's a bit of an extreme thing to say. Of course not, But a group like FLN is a minority organization that kills civlians, even if many people in the overall population agree with them. 

Anyway I'm not here to debate the War in Algeria, I'm not French.

"You don’t even recognize the right of freedom"

Of course I do, but it doesn't mean I'm going to accept terror groups as 'resistance' groups.

"5- yes, they’re the same, it’s an occupation came from outside of this region"

Jews are orginally from the region, returning. The Crusaders were not.

"that you can ask 1.500.000.000 muslim in this world, and you can ask 15.000.000 Jewish in this world about that."

? Oh? Need I mention the many other non-Muslim countries in the world that recognize Israel? 

Numbers don't matter. I still don't understand why an Arab cause has  hijacked and infiltrated Muslim interests. Any Muslim can visit Israel and visit the holy sites if he wants, if their country has relations with Israel. I think under Israel, it's the first time in the historyof the world, that all religions can freely visit their religious sites in the Holy Land.

08:36 PM Jan 18 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

1:

<!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” LatentStyleCount=”156”> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if !mso]><object classid=”clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D” id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]-> <!- / Font Definitions / @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:宋体; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:PMingLiU; panose-1:2 2 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-alt:新細明體; mso-font-charset:136; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611969 684719354 22 0 1048577 0;} @font-face {font-family:”\@PMingLiU”; panose-1:2 2 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:136; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611969 684719354 22 0 1048577 0;} @font-face {font-family:”\@SimSun”; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} / Style Definitions / p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:””; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:PMingLiU; mso-fareast-language:ZH-TW;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:PMingLiU;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -> <!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]->

Jews are and were the original owners of the land. They were thrown out by the Romans, and returned, first by legally buying land in the province of Palestine under the Ottomans and British. All Jews, the world over culturally and religiously kept the attachment to the land of Israel (Eretz Israel) alive ever since their ancestors left.  

Do you even know where the name ‘Palestine’ comes from? It’s the name the Romans gave to the Province after they  threw out the Jews, only to humiliate them. It’s a fake and superficial name, named after the Phillistines, an ancient enemy tribe from the Bible.

Jews, the world over, descend from the Israelites (DNA evidence proves this) and they’ve returned to their birthright.   

The original owners of the land HAVE returned, and they aren’t the Palestinians.

10:50 PM Jan 19 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"here, you confess that the land before 1948 and after it, isn't the same, and you said that Israel gained land by war, then this land was added to Israel."

THe first Jewish settlers arrived and bought land. in 1948, Israel was established, and was planned to be smaller than it is today.

The war of 1948 saw the territory that Israel controlled increase.It's not Israel's fault that the Arabs started a war and lost territory.

"we know that Israel want thelands between the river of egypt to Irak, because at one time Jewish people lived in this land, and that doen't give them the right to change the facts and oblige the world  to respect that"

That doesn't mean anything. Israel never even planned to control the Golan Haights, but gained in the war of 1967. There is absolutely no proof that Israel ever had any designs on greater territory in the Middle East.  It's just some way to make Israel look like an explansionist aggressor.

10:55 PM Jan 19 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"but jewish from russian, okrany and poland …...... don't have the right in this region"

Why not? Because some of them don't have black hair? All Jews share the common connection to the land, and to the faith. They may not look like the others, but simply put: If an Arab tribe migrated to Europe and stayed there for 2000 years, some of them would look different too. Does that mean they're no longer Arab or Muslim?

"Muslim people don't make jewish of palestine out of it, if it would do that, it didn't a long time ago, but that isn't our goal, we lived together, and we let all reginion pray in the holy land without problems."

There weren't as many Jews there as there were now. As soon as some returned, the Arabs started violent riots, such as in the 20s and 30s.  Even outside of Palestine, Jews, though they weren't killed, lived with many less rights than their Muslim neighbours.

Nevertheless this isn't the issue. It's simply what you mean: Jews and Christians are fine, as long as they don't try and make a state in their own land.

10:59 PM Jan 19 2009 |