Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

hobby and money, which is more important?

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

if one day you are required to choose between a job which can make money and is very stable but u really don't like and a job from which you can't make money and is of adventures  but you are really interested in.

i must admit that i don't have courage to choose the later….........

What will you do?

04:36 PM Mar 23 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ozking

ozking

Greece

i prefer a job i like to do…....

12:32 PM Mar 24 2007 |

beaver

beaver

China

i need a lot of money to develop my life ,so money is first in my idea

03:02 PM Mar 24 2007 |

resh

resh

Tanzania, United Republic Of

Well, at the moment I don't have any idea unless I have to live on my own. I'd just do whatever pleases me coz I think it's important to enjoy what you're doing and if you aren't enjoying you might end up feeling miserable and annoyed and might even miss a lot of good things in life.

I'm not saying that money isn't important, money is essential in our lives and we should respect it coz without it there won't be any fun I admit it. What I mean is we must love what we are doing whole heartedly bcoz that will make our life pretty much easier.

Anyhow, we can't always find the job that fully interests us but we can enjoy it somewhat by taking an interest in it. However, you may have a job that interests you but pays less..I don't think one would be satisifed! I think a higher paying job would be more satisfying because of the higher pay. This may compensate for the fact that the job may even be boring. Therefore. It's be better to obtain the job that improves your earning potential, as this accomplishement will enable you to do a lot of things you had been previously unable to do and much of your extra pay can be spent on an enjoyable hobby. This is much nicer than having a hobby that you can't afford. 

03:12 PM Mar 24 2007 |

ramesh.sinha1

India

I Think that people should do those thing in which they find immense pleasure and happiness, without hurting anybody else.

Money is secondary thing, first thing is satisfaction that a people gets from doing those jobs , that they love to do.without hurting others.

07:19 PM Jul 03 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

it depends on each person, well, for me. i'd take the job that gets me good money and i will try my best to enjoy it, so i can keep up with it. 

although the payment isn't that really important if it suits me well.

01:17 PM Jul 06 2009 |

-cute-devil-

United Arab Emirates

well I prefer to choose the job that can make money .. ! It's because everyone needs money to make his future .. ! and * the job that i like * i can do it as a hobby .. !

^^

03:52 PM Jul 06 2009 |

ayhann

ayhann

Turkey

hobby which brings money lol,is it hard to findUndecided

04:21 PM Jul 06 2009 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

The job and will try to like it ..but first it shouldn't be a hard job :p or else what is the benefit to spend ur life dong sth you don't like .. :p

02:24 AM Jul 09 2009 |