Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What can I do in this situation?

crush jo

Afghanistan

I work with many people at an office.

And The problem is that there are some people who hates me.

Even when I do nothing wrong,they're offensive and moody to me.

they get me wrong so much,

I don't know why they're sometimes rude to me.

whenever they act rudely,I feel like I hurt.

I get depressed because of them,and I don't want them hurt my feelings any more.

I don't know what to do now.

what should I do?

Please advise me.In advance,Thank you for your help.

06:06 PM Jan 17 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

endurereality

United States

Feel confident, smile and brush them off. it will show them ' you don't care what they feel ' and they will eventually stop. when your confident in yourself, nothing else matters..

because, who are they? no one – you are everything :)

06:10 PM Jan 17 2009 |

Esperanto

Russian Federation

Working under the press is so dangerous for your nerves. You can use the variants:

1) Resing from your job, and looks for job with more friendly collective.

2) Makes your will stronger. For example, you could visit the sections of box, muai thai etc.

3) Tolerate, and work.

Also, you could speak with your partners and ask – why are they rude?

There are the category of people, who have a lot of something complexes, and other psychological problems. They can't solve it, that's why they usually direct their angry on a man who can't protect himself.

PS I hope, that my advises help you to solve your problem.  

06:25 PM Jan 17 2009 |

Margaret

Margaret

United Arab Emirates

Come on Crush just brush them off. If you ignored  them that will make them even more upset. Be confident of yourself and if anyone teased you then just smile and ignore but if they made it more worse then. Go and face them, say to them why you people hates me ? did I do anything wrong to you to hate me this much? And if you do not want to face them then just go to your headmaster and explain the situation to him he might help you. However, if he didn’t help you! then do this ? Be strong and stand up for yourself. Do not be a weak man. Because as Esperanto  said

There are the category of people, who have a lot of something complexes, and other psychological problems. They can't solve it, that's why they usually direct their angry on a man who can't protect himself. 

Last but not least, do not give them the chance to put your confidence down.

07:01 PM Jan 17 2009 |

flora123

flora123

China

yep,i agree with mobasher,you work with these people every day  so you have to face them frequently.you should ask directly them what is the problem between you and them,if the problem can be sloved ,then you should keep a kind relationship such as hang together whith them to eat lunch or something else.

another question:how many people do hate you?if a few people dont like you,then maybe that is not your problem.if a lot of colleages dont like you,maybe you should find some problem or mistakes in your own mind or behaviour.

i hope you can deal with this problem well,good luck

10:06 PM Jan 17 2009 |

margo.mirra

Ukraine

I think you work with enerdy vapireFrownYou must  to try to find a way in contact with a societySmileAll people have a delicate spase!

11:47 AM Jan 18 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Crush..if we can't change someone because of their bad attitude…then we must get a protection from the inside of our self…we must create a shield to prevent our self to be hurt again and again..we must consult our self…use this method..psychology method..remember this words as a weapons to face your problem with peoples: MIND OR BRAIN,TAKES A HUGE TIME TO PERFORM..SO.. DON'T BLAIM OTHER PEOPLES FOR BEING SOO STUPID...with this motivation..lastly..you can beat them and they will see you as someone new, who can deal with many groups of peoples and can adapt any situation..

12:43 PM Jan 18 2009 |

PumpkinSoup

Thailand

It's a sad situation but I'm sure it's happening in every office cuz we are working with many people from different backgrounds some mean so kind.  If I were you I'll first look at myself If I've done something wrong and try to improve myself but if I've done my best and they still hate me I will ask them directy what makes them hate me so much. It' s a good to have a heart to heart conversations and you can work it out. "Talking and Listening" are the best way. People get in the fight or feel hatred towards each other beacuase they don't listen to what other people have to say.  Finally if they can't give me any good reason for acting rude to me then I'll forgive them for the sake of my inner peace and leave them alone. What else you can do becuase some people are plain stupid.

If you are nice it'sn't that hard for people to see and they will love you. It works for me :)

09:50 AM Nov 10 2009 |

ayhann

ayhann

Turkey

if you are the top hard working,credited employee,it is usual to be treated unkindly and given flak by other employees,don't forget that.

if you are sure there's nothing wrong with you,it is because they excessively envy you and it isn't your fault;)

an old saying in Turkish says: "trees giving fruits are always stoned"

09:56 PM Nov 10 2009 |

Tsaokuohua

China

The  Mynas retum English for winter.

08:44 AM Nov 11 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

You should kill them all!

04:36 AM Nov 12 2009 |