Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Long distance relationship

etery

etery

Finland

Hi friends!

I wonder if someone of you ever had long distance relationships? May be your boyfriend/girlfriend or even husband/wife lives in another city or another country. How do you feel in this case? Does your love become stronger? Or maybe you feel that you are growing apart?

How to keep love when you don't see each other for a long time?

09:30 PM Jan 19 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Alejandro81

Colombia

Anound,

Sometimes things doesn't go like we want, but it doesn't mean life is gonna come a tragedy as you say, Is just matter of raise again and keep going, our happiness canna depend on the feelings other ppl have about us

01:31 PM Jan 24 2009 |

Mccandy

Mccandy

Ghana

hi friends,

i think long distance relation could be a blow if trust and mutual self assurance is not in position. i am a victim and my analysis has proved that the best things to do in situations like this is to enforce communication and make each other understand that nothing must go wrong as long as you both love each other. my partner never believed anything i say, even when i am hurted. she would often accuse me of things i have not done, all in the name of rumour and self compose.  it needs trust as i said, and everything will be okay. just believe in each other

05:51 PM Jan 24 2009 |

Armilia

Armilia

Indonesia

well folks. i think it depends on the subject.. on the case.. on the condition.

i'll take my experience as an example.

my dad was a lecture in an university in the city where i live. but three years ago he got a call from his hometown, which is pretty far from my town, to have a job there. so until now he still works there for government. me, my sisters, and my mom left here. he comes back to his home here when he got a duty here or when he has free time. at first we felt a bit difficult for this condition. but surprisingly since he moved i felt i love him more :) i felt every second we spend together is a great moment. he can control his emotion. he's not gonna angry easily again like he was.

afterall i feel really greatful of this condition. eventho we meet rarely, but my love for him grows stronger b coz of this condition. but yeah. in my story it happens in same country, even in same province, not in a different country. and somehow it proves that long distance relationship will work to people who have faith in themselves to be successfull in such kind of ong distance relationship :)

01:49 PM Jan 25 2009 |