Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Converting to Islam: Would you think of doing it?

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Who would convert to Islam? If so, why?

If not, why not?

If you're already a Muslim, why do you think it's the right religion? Why should one convert?

NOTE: I'm not a Muslim. I'm just interested to hear the different thoughts on the topic.

10:38 PM Jan 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

I had devoted 5 years just to find which religion fits my life and whole life??? the result after 5 years searching was to find Islam as the most suitable.

09:07 AM Jan 31 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Yea sister i think when you try discover and dive in something, alot of points and doubts will be shown.

Islam is not only a word or just a religion that nowdays most people follow it, but Islam is a great life, Islam is the life itself which assure the happiness in this life and hereafter. Unfortunately, some people just judge on Islam based on some behaviours of those don't understand Islam well, or via the media which try to make Islam as calling for backwardness or doesn't give the rights of woman?? It's not right to just hear or see and then say Islam is not good or perfect!!! but if just find yourself educated and knowedageable, you sould go through researching and finding the truth out.

Alot of my friends converted to Islam because just they gave themself the chance to identify who is Islam, and i think the journey will not be short!!! Go inside the history and the life of Prphet, keep looking for what can Islam provides you that you still unable to find (Happiness) I believe if you try to ask those who had experinced this journey, you will never get lost, but you will get shortcut..

I'm ready to get any message from anyone has the desire to find the beautiful meaning of life>> 

01:07 PM Jan 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

muslims live peacfully with christians and jews since the prophet Muhammed era.

How's that working out now?

02:25 PM Jan 31 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

come on! it is not a big deal.

Aha, it is easy for you to say. Laughing

Actually, of course, I was kidding, saying that I would convert to Islam. It's impossible for me to convert to any other religion because I consider religion as a part of culture of my nation and any conversion, for me, is a kind of betrayal of my nation and my ancestors. 

05:53 PM Jan 31 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

how is that working out now?

hahaha…..decieving question ignoring the real reason (land stolen)......play another gkiss

07:13 PM Jan 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

it's not a deceptive question. It's obvious that members of the three religons have not been living in peace.

08:16 PM Jan 31 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Actually, of course, I was kidding, saying that I would convert to Islam. It's impossible for me to convert to any other religion because I consider religion as a part of culture of my nation and any conversion, for me, is a kind of betrayal of my nation and my ancestors.

It's up to you konstka but your logic is wrong.

"And when it is said to them: "Come to what Allâh has revealed and unto the Messenger They say: "Enough for us is that which we found our fathers following," even though their fathers had no knowledge whatsoever and nor guidance. (104)[5.104]

"They said: "Have you come to us to turn us away from that (Faith) we found our fathers following, – and that you two may have greatness in the land? We are not going to believe you two!" (78) Holy Quran [10.78]

"Or have We given them any Book before this (the Qur'ân), to which they are holding fast? (21) Nay! They say: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we guide ourselves by their footsteps." (22) And similarly, We sent not a warner before you (O Muhammad SAW) to any town (people) but the luxurious ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain way and religion, and we will indeed follow their footsteps." 43. Holy Quran.

08:42 PM Jan 31 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

I was born as a muslim..I didn't choose it..

But believe me i am so free to choose a religion.. If i saw islam is wronge, ı would change it so easyly..

but i couldn't find a bad part of islam..

if u read our holy book u will really find good and right (at least logically) things…

It has sciencefic miracles.. and still orginally!

Then u will think > How could the know these sciencfic things abput toooooo many years ago..?

Why did say them?

1. >> A person, a human never can write a book like Kor'an..

2. >> So who wrote? these sentences are from where/ whom??

Believe me, i am a muslim becoz of i believe,,,,, it is not about born as a muslim!

I really interest in science too.. i am always in middle of Science… i am a stu in science high school..and i never can choose another depertman.. ı have to study and work for science in all my life..

So trsut me, I know science very well..and islamm too..

they are suit each other..

09:16 PM Jan 31 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Not a chance. Sorry guys. I’m lack of desire to have a five times a day prayer. Also I don’t like fasting. Being a muslem needs a lot of effort I think.
But I want to tell you a story in my neighbourhood. My family had a member who converted to islam. And we accepted him coz we adopted democracy in our family. We’re christian family. And btw to answer a question why there’s just a few news about people converted from islam to another, I’d say those betrayers of islam didn’t want to blow up their convertion. I dunno. Maybe they’re afraid of smthing. Or maybe they think it’s better keep silent and run their new religion peacefully.

02:38 AM Feb 01 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

mike,why sorry!! it's a personal choice.and, you can't know the good prayers do to our body and soul until you experience it.i think five times a day is not too much and personally i need more.it's a nice peaceful moments of clearing head and collecting energy to move on efficiently and peacefuly.fasting is good too and it's not hard since it is from sunrise to sunset and since it's only one month.when you experience it ,you'll like to do it more often.they are not obligations just to show that you are a muslim.they are a part of a healthy way of living.

concerning people from other religions who convert to islam,i don't think fear is the reason.i know some algerians who embraced christianity.eachone of them has his own reason,but they are alike in one way.most of them were not real muslims.they were muslims by birth without any real conviction and they are not real chritians,too.most of them talk only about the idea of  jesus is your savor and he will take their mistakes.they live a careless life hoping that they'll not be judged after it. 

09:16 AM Feb 01 2009 |