Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Converting to Islam: Would you think of doing it?

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Who would convert to Islam? If so, why?

If not, why not?

If you're already a Muslim, why do you think it's the right religion? Why should one convert?

NOTE: I'm not a Muslim. I'm just interested to hear the different thoughts on the topic.

10:38 PM Jan 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Absolutely I think of comverting Islam… When we believe in God , we trust Him.. we will search about the meaning of our creation, why Allah creat us? How He do that ? what did happen before we are created? What will happen after the life? How we can to deal each other this life?why we feel afried? Why the war ? how we make the peace? ……..etc .. and who we will know answers about all this quastions? !!! God who created us should to answer.. and He did by Books.. I thinks Qurran only can to answer about this Qs .. if you can to find that by another Book ,that's good for you.. but I don't think that..

i think that's logical enough, That's why I am a muslim..

10:21 PM Feb 01 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@arabhamid

if your grand… father were wrong, you would follow themthat's is too bad, normaly nowadays, we don't follow to follow, we have all ways to get the truth.

If my Great^3 grand father was wrong, I wouldn't have chosen his way. But the fact is he was not wrong. I have my own ways of finding truth

however that trust, but just say follow to not heir sactifice go to waste, it's not a reason.

For you it may not be a reason, but for me and millions of Indians like me, it is a reason.
Indian culture is a family oriented culture.This  Culture has been passed down from generations.so we cherish what we have got from our ancestors.

My family is an exception. Or way of life had been threatened by the catholic Christian Portuguese. But for rest of India, It was Muslims. It stated from Mohamed ghazni to Auragzeb, worst being Timor and auragzeb  

http://www.hinduholocaust.com/HinduHolocaustMuseum.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus

and Yet, I don;t blame Islam for all this, I blame those individual Muslims who did this(I hope "Mr truth" Osesame does n't see this)

All people should look for the right, for the reality, the truth, and don't follow just to follow.

I have already looked for the truth. and I have found that there are multiple ways of finding inner happiness/GOD

For me religion should guide me to be a good person . religion should not guide my life and not blind me

06:13 AM Feb 02 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

It's up to you konstka but your logic is wrong.

No, M_honor, my logic is not wrong, just we look at the subject from a different points. You are a believer I'm not. We're understanding religion in different ways. For you, religion is your life guide; for me, religion is only a part of culture.  

I was born as a muslim..I didn't choose it..

But believe me i am so free to choose a religion.. If i saw islam is wronge, ı would change it so easyly..

but i couldn't find a bad part of islam..

Yes, Can I Cry, you're right, you were born as Muslim, you have been growing up as Muslim, you absorbed your religion with a milk of your mother. To be Muslim It does not mean only to believe in Allah, it's a particular life-style; yes?. So you are not free to choose your religion. It's just your illusion. I would say you are dependent on your religion. 

Try to make an experiment. Tell your parents you've decided to convert to another religion and look at their reaction. I guess it would be funny.

08:37 AM Feb 02 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Yes, Can I Cry, you're right, you were born as Muslim, you have been growing up as Muslim, you absorbed your religion with a milk of your mother. To be Muslim It does not mean only to believe in Allah, it's a particular life-style; yes?. So you are not free to choose your religion. It's just your illusion. I would say you are dependent on your religion. 

Try to make an experiment. Tell your parents you've decided to convert to another religion and look at their reaction. I guess it would be funny.

Konstka…! :) ok nice answer.. :)

OK.. i will answer again .. If i go my parents to change my religion.. Then will ask me why?

and they will want an important reason , a prove to islam isn't right..

If i can prove, Believe me tthey would say nothing..

(may my mom doesn't let, but my father allows..Becoz he respect all religions,  or non-believers)

but sure,,,,, there isn't a reson for me to change my religion.. So i wouldn't say a right reason to change islam to my parents…

they already dont force me to do islam rights.. not praying, not fasting, not closing my hairs or body..

they are just my choice… Believe me i am soooo free to live as a muslim or not!

they already hate islamic politic ideas… We are a family that support communist politic idea..

So our religion is just in our heart… :)))

I am muslim not becoz of was born so….. ıt is becoz i believe…..

01:15 PM Feb 02 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

If i go my parents to change my religion.. Then will ask me why?

Imagine It's a scientific experiment. Think up something. :)

and they will want an important reason , a prove to islam isn't right

Do you think other religions are wrong?

If i can prove, Believe me tthey would say nothing..

(may my mom doesn't let, 

You see, your mom doesn't.

but my father allows..Becoz he respect all religions,  or non-believers)

Are you sure? Respect all religions doesn't mean he'll approve your decision. I strongly doubt he does.

And what about a public opinion?

but sure,,,,, there isn't a reson for me to change my religion.. So i wouldn't say a right reason to change islam to my parents…

Have you ever thought what the reason could be? Have you ever tries to find the reason to change your religion? 

they already dont force me to do islam rights.. not praying, not fasting, not closing my hairs or body..

So you ain't true Muslim? :)

they are just my choice… Believe me i am soooo free to live as a muslim or not!

I think it's just your illusion. I think it's impossible particularly for girl. My wife lived for a long time in muslim republic of the former USSR and she told me about their custom. Just think about public reaction on your decision to change your religion. 

they already hate islamic politic ideas… We are a family that support communist politic idea..

Policy and religion are different things. 

So our religion is just in our heart… :)))

You have in your heart what have been put into it.  

I am muslim not becoz of was born so….. ıt is becoz i believe…..

You are Muslim not because you were born so ….. You are Muslim because you have been brought up so. 

I think we have no reason to change our religion. 

04:35 PM Feb 02 2009 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Do you think other religions are wrong?

If you think that Islam is a right religion then you will be a muslim!

Anyway Islam is the only religion that believe in all prophets Jesus, Moses and Muhammed.

05:06 PM Feb 02 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Ohoo..Konstka..U will never understand me.. :P My eng is not enogh to tell u islam's beauties..

It deserves to be believed… !

Ok..There is an answer from me that u will like..

>>>> I'm a muslim becoz i want to be terrorist :))

Cool

Is it better, isn't it?

06:57 PM Feb 02 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

I'm a muslim becoz i want to be terrorist :))

Really? I would never think. Does it follow from my previous post?

07:34 PM Feb 02 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

Ohoo..Konstka..U will never understand me.. :P

Why? I clearly understand you, but the reality is rather different than you imagine.

07:54 PM Feb 02 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@m honor:

"If you think that Islam is a right religion then you will be a muslim!

Anyway Islam is the only religion that believe in all prophets Jesus, Moses and Muhammed."

So does the Baha'i faith, plus another prophet. Does that mean you and eveyone should convert to Baha'i?

08:27 PM Feb 02 2009 |