Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Should we choose our religion by ourself ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Can we choose our religion by ourself ?

Do we get an oppurtnity to choose our religion ?

Should we struggle for our right to choose our religion ?

Does our religion has any value for us when we 'get it free of cost & desire'?

02:44 AM Feb 03 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

What is religion by the way ?It is the question which haunts me too much & I don't feel any religiousness in religions. It looks to me that man has been befooled by some clever  men, who wanted to rule over the earth & humanity, which were hungry for the power.Some people became kings & some other created some dogmas to control the human throgh the tool of guilt & greed.& those 'so called religious' people , became masters of the earth.

The formula they choose was to supply answers which a normal man can question.

They command our minds by creating guilt in us, throgh their vesion they prove us as sinners & represent themselve as 'forgivers'.They condemed our natural instincts & framed rules to control us.& they made us fearfull by putting us in (imaginary) hell.& gave consolatitions to us to send us to some 'heaven' if we follow them.

We are conditined in such a way that we may not doubt , they fixed their parameters in such a way that we all feel ourself 'sinners' & pray them to get 'forgiven'.

For me this is not a religion at all.

What I feel to be religion is that, we should be living in harmony with the existence, we should be loving, celebrating,dancing , happy,having trust in existence , having fearless life,everyone supporting everyone,no need to fight, no competiting life.

Respecting this life & living fully.

I call it religious life.

06:05 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Smile

06:34 PM Feb 07 2009 |

authorofforum

Turkey

Its a deep issue for us. And of course , we can choose our religion by ourselves. 

I think holly books (Quran, Bibble, Torah etc ) werent written by great philosophers. They all depend on God. Because if we look carefully, we can see one fingerprint on it.

And if we talk about our topic is why I can choose religion. Now a days, all of us can reach material on the internet. It became easy. 

Now, my big bro devindernagpal from India, lets think about a classroom enviroment. There must be some procedure to learn the lesson. And there must be a educator to teach us. This is the prophet. Like Mohommad, Jesus, Moses, Budha, Conficius…. I don know last two of them is a prophet. But I belive there are approxiamately 128.000 prophet lived our world. 

06:46 PM Feb 07 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Author,

For a so called religion by Devinder doesnt need any prophet. Everybody can decide how to live. Then they know they are able to behave in a society: What is good or bad, what is allowed and what not. For this religion or prophet is not necessary. 

07:53 PM Feb 07 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

Why does it matter neway??no matter ne religeon u chose to follow,u wud stll have a god to worship n pray,isnt ne god or every god gud enough to do dat,n books like bible,gita,quoran r nt nonsense,ppl make nonsense out of its sayings

08:03 PM Feb 07 2009 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Dev, i want to ask you one Q .. who can to make us come back to be harmony with the Existence?

08:09 PM Feb 07 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Author,

We are blind to recognise the real signatures of God.

Every flower has it, every river has it & every fruit has it. See the whole machanism of the life & we have eyes we can see the signaures of GOD upon every where, even upon ourself too, but we are blind to see & recognise them.

You say that we can choose our religion ,I want to ask you have you choosen your religion by yourself ?Have you searched other religions before joining your present religion ?Do you have courage goging against your parents ?

No, we are provided with religion as we are provided breathing by existence,We doubt our self but not our religion & parents, we are trained to follow & respect our parents,without asking the question from our self ….why?

What are your parameteres to measure the prophet ?wheather he is real or dummy ?

You might have read some where that there had been 128,000 prphets but had you met anyone of them ?

Don't they exist now ?

Why prophets are coming again & again ,when every prophet says that he is the only prophet & the last too ?

Why do you doubt Budhha ?

He had given the most simplest way to recognise our connection with the existence.We have nothing to belive in his way but just to experience, why do you doubt him ? 

02:38 AM Feb 08 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Ryo,

You say,

"Why you think we cant choose our religion even if we are 70%

& how we choose our religion"

We choose something we believe,

For me beliving is blindness, we need to open our eyes, we need to trust our eyes & feelings, but we are not trained in that way, every blind has been provided with an torch to see,

Can a blind man see with a torch ?

But we are trained with idea to belive that keep our eyes closed & feel that you are on the way to heaven if we follow the caller & you will enter the hell if you openend your eyes.

So we learn to belive but not having trust in our self.

02:57 AM Feb 08 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear NabilSh,

Our heart, it's windows open in existence.Smile 

03:00 AM Feb 08 2009 |