Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Religion Is!!!!!!!!!!

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

For me religion is to enjoy the life as it comes,

Enjoy each dimension of life.

Enjoy birth,enjoy death,enjoy happiness,enjoy sadness,enjoy every colour of life.Life itself is a wonder,live it fully & just enjoy,enjoy & enjoy.

01:15 AM Feb 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Do all women enjoy wearing hijab? Are all women happy being got polygamy?

03:44 AM Feb 13 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

If all muslem women enjoy wearing hijab, I believe all indonesian muslem women will wear it. But the fact is women who wearing hijab is fewer than not wearing it.
You know such jealousy exist but still you make love with four women. It’s against humanity and uncivilized. Marriage is based on love not lust not any other reasons. Polygamy’s based on equality. But the reality is no man can do it just like muhammad did. So??

07:27 AM Feb 13 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

first, don't forget that u who convert the topic to talk about islamic things not any muslim here….. not to come any one here and say islam islam islam…...
second, woman who know her religion well, wear hijab happily like any one converts to islam and wear it without forcing as u see…..that's what Matrix talk about….
third, polgamy…
fisrt, put in account it is not an obligatory matter
second, the persentage of them is very very low….
third, it need some conditions like ability( material or physical ), equality as u said…..
forth, it is a solution for many circumstances in socitey….i think u aware of that
fiveth, i feel from ur words u r single, when u will be married u will find a lot of things appear to u which will make u change a lot of points of view….
btw, there were here a case in The Court from some christians demanding polygamy like muslims!!!!!.....(i ve read it just yestreday in El Shrouk news paper)

08:35 AM Feb 13 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

First, I showed u a reflection with islamic matters just in order so you can see the issue connected with dev’s thought about religion. U have to feel cmfortable with ur religion. U know maybe polygamy may help and protect woman in the past, but not in this sophisticated world. I don’t know. Maybe some religion’s teaching must be revised.
Second, please give me a clue the man who can give equality in all aspects to his four wives? Do u really think there’s another perfect man like muhammad? Quran cmpletely legalizes polygamy. But u know polygamy can’t be practised by anyone but muhammad. So now if polygamy keep being encouraged so in other words u encourage people to commit sin.
Third, as for some christians who want to have the right to apply polygamy, it’s just a desire of minority of christians. But u know, polygamy was legalized by quran. I hope u can see the difference.

10:32 AM Feb 13 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

And btw so when u’re already a husband then naturally u must have the desire to have another wives. Wow a very marvellous thinking. Another great idea from u.

10:41 AM Feb 13 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Aliya, a husband who really loves his wife won’t even have a desire to have another wives. It’s cheating and a man with no heart I think. Like u’ve said no women would stand with polygamy. So where’s the feeling aspect here?

10:54 AM Feb 13 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

mike,
"And btw so when u’re already a husband then naturally u must have the desire to have another wives. Wow a very marvellous thinking. Another great idea from u."
i didn't say that …and wounder how u get that!!!!...what i said is:
"fiveth, i feel from ur words u r single, when u will be married u will find a lot of things appear to u which will make u change a lot of points of view…."
i think there is a difference between both quiets…...though we see one in west have 4 girlfriends and deal with them as they r his wifes and get from them kids if they didn't make abortion and no one deny that ….and when this matter legilized ( not to lose those kids and their mothers rights) world will get stand up and not calm….what a strange thing!
and many men have more than 4
and u can read statistics in this matters- it could reach 9 women…..and we didn't hear any deny….but some recomndation only such as use CONDEM plz!!!!!!!!!!............
do u see in that matter double standard or not?

12:08 PM Feb 13 2009 |

aerol

aerol

Philippines

A religion is usually encompasses a set of stories, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to an ultimate power or reality. It may be expressed through prayer, ritual, meditation, music and art, among other things. It may focus on specific supernatural, metaphysical, and moral claims about reality (the cosmos, and human nature) which may yield a set of religious laws, ethics, and a particular lifestyle. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience.

12:11 PM Feb 13 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i agree dev, real religion is a personal choice and it's certain that when we choose something freely we are enjoying it.it's accepting all the gifts of life.it's being in harmony with all theuniverse.

noone can know what a muslim woman feels but herself.it's fantastic to wear hijab and feel it's beauty and it's meaning.my body is my property and i don't feel the need to exibit it.i won't like to be the victim of some crazy people who take women'sphotoswith mobilesand make ill use of them.hijab to me is a protection and it has the meaning that i'm not only a body,i'm a mind and a heart too.

i'm not obliged to accept poligamy and a woman is free to choose the life she wants in islam.poligamy is a solution not a men's right.a real muslim can't make ill use of it.in islam each case has  a real solution.islam is flexible and doesn't need to be against humans' nature.you arefreeto choosewhat fits you.

12:24 PM Feb 13 2009 |