Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Islam in USA.....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

With some six million adherents in the United States, Islam is said to be the nation's fastest-growing religion, fueled by immigration, high birth rates and widespread conversion. One expert estimates that 25,000 people a year become Muslims in this country; some clerics say they have seen conversion rates quadruple since Sept. 11.

Experts say Islam is attractive because of its universal message - the faithful believe that everyone is born Muslim and thus call the transformation reversion, not conversion - and because its teachings incorporate other traditions, honoring Jesus Christ, the Jewish patriarch Abraham and other Biblical figures as prophets. Though missionary work is rare in Islam, spreading the message is demanded by the Koran. Conversion is as simple as reciting one sentence - ''I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger'' - in front of witnesses, a ceremony known as Shahadah.
IT IS FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES….NOT FROM ISLAMIC SITE
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C07E2DB1F3EF931A15753C1A9679C8B63

02:52 PM Feb 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

and experts said 30% of prayers in USA mosques r from converters….

ya, and those experts will be from the mosque as well??

03:52 PM Feb 14 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"HAHAHA ….where is force darling, u understand upside down..Embarassed"

Please don't use the word 'darling' ever again. It's a term women, or homosexuals use.

"he was an exrtimist and met another exrimist…say to me what muslims did to make ur van gogh did?!!!!"

Why is making a movie of the mistreatment of women Islam extreme? The movie was called 'Submission'. Here

So because you don't agree with his views, it's ok for him to be murdered? What kind of barbaric logic is this?

To be honest, reading what you write, inflames people ino thinking that all Muslims are extremists that justify violence against people that disagree with them.  

02:05 AM Feb 15 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"No other religion has so many extremists and terrorists."

u r not living the real dude, didn't here ever about the exreimists israelian jews who wish to annihilate all arab without no reason…....at least, that Gogh spread false insulted information about muslims…..didn't u read or hear about violence in USA and EUROPE homes (then u r living in another planet).....and no one of muslims make a movie for taht…..

or his muslim converted sister complain to himSurprised!!!!.....

"Let people believe in whatever they want and stop making all those islamic comments. It's a site for people from whole the world, not islamic world only."

i find ur words r stange coz there r a lot of topics talk about comic ones i share in so it is not obilgatory to stick to our islamic topics….i mentioned comics espcialy- though a lot of another kinds- to make u smile …..i feel u complain of something…..it is not a joke dear it is real…..

i hope u find topics please u…..let our islamic topics aside

07:04 AM Feb 15 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"Please don't use the word 'darling' ever again. It's a term women, or homosexuals use."

ok dear….Cool

"To be honest, reading what you write, inflames people ino thinking that all Muslims are extremists that justify violence against people that disagree with them.  "

first no vilonce mentioned or hinted in the post…

second, i don't write the post …it is pasted from a recent NEW YORK TIMES and bear no hard feelings to any one ….it just talk about a situation…..so what is the problem here?!!!!!....Innocent

07:08 AM Feb 15 2009 |

messerschmitt

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Or how about Iran and Saudi Arabia ? . . .

I have already told what goes on Iran, me and my family were forced out of that country because of conversion

Now comming to Saudi, this is one the worst places that I have ever visited. I have worked on over half a dozen countries . Men I net think women are their slaves. Shias as pigs, non arab muslims as slaves, and non muslims as rats.

The people I met were highly educated engineers. The person who called non arab muslims as slaves had a MS degree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_of_religious_freedom_in_Saudi_Arabia

For information; you don't know how non-muslims live in peace among muslims in Islamic country

non muslims have to live in peace with muslims, muslims will never even think of  living in peace with non muslims in a non muslim country. 

They constantly complain about things and even ready to kill thier own country men because of some war out side, which never affected them. 

Non muslim face religious persicution silenly. If they protest, they either end up dead or have to leave they countey that they liven on for thousands of years.

My family have been living in Hamedan province in Western Iran for over 2000 years. My father is always in pain due to this fact. we had 2 choise, lif or country, we choose life.

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Persecution_of_non-Muslims_in_Muslim_countries

07:14 AM Feb 15 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"Please don't use the word 'darling' ever again. It's a term women, or homosexuals use."

ok dear….Cool

------

'dear'?  Are you a homosexual?

07:23 AM Feb 15 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"'dear'? Are you a homosexual?"

it idicates an ignorance of language…..how u live in london and say that…...

try to learn language first before accusing others of things u practise …..btw, u here dosen't mean u specificaly and this is considered a fault in english language

07:31 AM Feb 15 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"non arab muslims as slaves"

THIS STATMENT SHOW HIS LIES…coz he didn't know islam and hence he didn't know that r muslims r brothers….and there's no periority between humans except by piety not by color or race ….

and humans r humans no difference…...

08:36 AM Feb 15 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"Saudi Arabia welcomes everybody whether muslims or non-muslims, Arab or non Arab muslims"

Uh-huh. I 'm skeptical whether I would be allowed into the country and then let out alive.

08:37 AM Feb 15 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Great answer.

I'm sure they don't let cowardly women's rights activists in, UN human rights workers, or anyone else that might criticize.

Still, I'm a firm believer of not going into someone else's country on a visit to criticize them as a guest.

08:46 AM Feb 15 2009 |