Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Islam in USA.....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

With some six million adherents in the United States, Islam is said to be the nation's fastest-growing religion, fueled by immigration, high birth rates and widespread conversion. One expert estimates that 25,000 people a year become Muslims in this country; some clerics say they have seen conversion rates quadruple since Sept. 11.

Experts say Islam is attractive because of its universal message - the faithful believe that everyone is born Muslim and thus call the transformation reversion, not conversion - and because its teachings incorporate other traditions, honoring Jesus Christ, the Jewish patriarch Abraham and other Biblical figures as prophets. Though missionary work is rare in Islam, spreading the message is demanded by the Koran. Conversion is as simple as reciting one sentence - ''I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger'' - in front of witnesses, a ceremony known as Shahadah.
IT IS FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES….NOT FROM ISLAMIC SITE
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C07E2DB1F3EF931A15753C1A9679C8B63

02:52 PM Feb 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Jinn_daniels

India

Osasame, did u miss me??tell me smthng arent u bored of urself??get over it dude,ur pathetically head n toe 4 ur religeon,ur plain damn irritatng my dear frnd,dnt worry old ppl need smthng to hold on to,4 u its religeon,get well soon,(pun intended)

06:36 PM Feb 16 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

http://www.islam-usa.com/25ques.html

this is 25 questions about islam and useful for every one who want to know….

02:49 PM Feb 17 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Rikarduhedgehog,

"in each post about islam, there is someone to try to fight"

yea, that's right….and u r a fair man…we miss men like u here….and look for this sentince of java,

"If this thread was started by a person other than you and some of you ("cyber" mullas ), I would;t have objected it. "

verly, that right is not known by men, but men r known by right…...

i hope he can get it….

and look at that lie

"and you claim you are superior?"

i never said that before…...

and look at what jinn siad

"tell me smthng arent u bored of urself??"

no, dear i'm happy with my self though all nonsense posts u sent…..i don't expect good posts come from unfair ppl…i didn't say a word in this topic towards u….SO WHY U GET RAGED?.....U CAN IGNORE THE TOPIC …..NO ONE FORCE ANY ONE TO READ…....I THINK U SEE AS I SEE A LOT OF TOPICS AND READ IT WITH NO COMMENT…..OR U SHOULD COMMENT COZ IT IS UR JOB?!!!!!Innocent

03:03 PM Feb 17 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Lastly, Rikarduhedgehog realy deserve the love and respect here from all members…..and i ve been sured now why?

03:05 PM Feb 17 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

and look for this sentince of java,

I still stick by it,

If this thread was stated by Hakimi or Blink, my posts would have been completely different. 

Religion has not blinded them, Relgion is inspiation for their life. They don't live for thier religion. 

I have had arguments with them in the past, but thier words were extreamly thought provoking,(especially blink.)

03:42 PM Feb 17 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

I totally agree with java on ths 1,many r inspired by thr religeon n tell u how cn u b a bettr human being followng wht allah said,bt u n many othrs r crazy,u just go on n on postng crap,i read 1 pst saying,’‘i m proud to b a muslim,fu*k u progressn’‘

04:53 PM Feb 17 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

i didnt get you osesame

what did you mean by :

Lastly, Rikarduhedgehog realy deserve the love and respect here from all members…..and i ve been sured now why?

:):)

07:44 PM Feb 17 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Rickard,

" Lastly, Rikarduhedgehog realy deserve the love and respect here from all members…..and i ve been sured now why?"

i think the words r clear friend …..that u r fair man and deserve all what i mentioned before…..Wink ....

08:20 AM Feb 18 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

ahhhhhh

THANK YOU 

:)

but i think i dont deserve

XD

05:07 PM Feb 18 2009 |