Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Conspiracy!

gkisseberth

Germany

I came across this list today and thought it might be interesting to discuss any that you believe are true or others you think could have been on the list. You cn go to the original list here to see more details or click on each entry's wikipedia link.  The one about the 3rd secret of Fatima was new to me. 

Top 10 Conspiracy Theories

1. 9/11 was Planned by the US Government [Wikpedia]

Acf6Bf1

2. UFO Recovered at Roswell [Wikpedia]

Baloondebris

3. John F. Kennedy’s Assasination [Wikpedia]

Jfk

4. Global Warming is a Fraud [Wikpedia]

Craytemp

5. Princess Diana was Murdered by the Royal Family [Wikpedia]

Diana

6. Jewish World Domination [Wikpedia]

060911-Zion Big

7. Apollo Moon Landing Hoax [Wikpedia]

Christianlogic Image Moon B

8. Pearl Harbor Was Allowed to Happen [Wikpedia]

Pearl-Harbor-Uss-Virginia-2

9. The Third Secret of Fatima [Wikpedia]

Luciasuor

10. The Philadelphia Experiment [Wikpedia]

Philadelphia

11:21 PM Feb 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

do you believe in such things like the secrets of fatima? i've read a lot of similar stories and they exist between some religious people from different religions.i think people like to associate religion with miracles and their strong desire to have a supernatural proof leads them to allucinate things.we should care about our present to put a step in the future.propheties are lies even they can be true.

09:01 AM Feb 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I know the "secrets" of Fatima exist, but don't think they are prophetic at all, nor do i think there was anything supernatural involved in the whole story. 

02:49 PM Feb 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

well, sadly, a good number of people agree with you, Hakimi. 

08:09 PM Feb 14 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

stop!!!!

i want to explain a more true,too.

indeed,now anothers's writing instead of us…...Cool

joking apart,i believe in some.

09:26 PM Feb 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

which ones, nil, and why?

09:57 PM Feb 14 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

i believe that 9/11 was planned by the usa government.

cause,bush governmet wanted to justıfy theirselves in order to occupy afghanistan."they attacked and we must attack their"(in order to persuade usa natıon and world)bush gowernment want to manage all middle east for petroil.we say "big middle east proje".usa economy'll exhaust one day.

maybe next country iran.the excuse is nuclear energy.

but i do not support definitely taliban,el kaide…they are terrorist.

10:16 PM Feb 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

why Afghanistan? It doesn't really have anything the US needs.If the whole attack on9/11 was planned by the US, why not just blame it on Iraq or Iran and skip having to go to war in afghanistan?

10:25 PM Feb 14 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

Hi,gkissİ had not said “hi” to you….Smile 1.in Afganistan,acording to researchs there are billion barrel petroil and gas naturel..2.anyway,usa got ıraq and iran to fight 1980s  before Afganistan.  in iran regime changed and a government that usa do not want came into power.  Usa approached with ıraq.usa helped to  produce chemical weopon to ıraq.  (2000s usa said “in ıraq,there are chemicel weopon.we must attack for our safety)  İn 1980,iran and ıraq fighted.firstly,for taking a land back.  But then they bombed each other for their’ petroil pits  Usa and europe was needing to these petroil pites and so usa joined to war as active….   Thıs plan is not new…firstly,he did not start from afghanistan

11:23 PM Feb 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

hi nil,

Afghanistan's oil and natural gas reserves are unproven and even if likely, nothing is being produced yet. Seems like it would be more worthwhile to take on a country with proven reserves and production capability, no? Again, why not just blame 9/11 on Iraq, Iran, the Saudi's etc. 

but assume that the american government did plan 9/11, as you think. Why 4 planes? wouldn't one or two have been sufficient excuse to attack the Taliban? Or are you a no-planer, too?

11:59 PM Feb 14 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

ok,they exist but i don't think those people saw anything.

what i'm sure about is that we saw the 11 september attacks without seeing the real attackers.

04:29 PM Feb 15 2009 |