Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

LOVE ...............

leo

Uzbekistan

Love is a magic , beautiful word in the world that exists in our vocabulary.Listen and try to pronounce it . It sounds like a melody. In al languages the word "love" sounds to nice.
 Love gives us such a power to overcome al difficulties in the life. It gives such an emotions that we can't describe. Love overwhelmes  withour bodies, minds, hearts. Love fills our hearts with joy. Sometimes love hurts, brokes  our hearts , we suffer from it. In spite of that it is so pleasantly , so nice. 
  In east love is so sacred! People keep their love in their hearts in secret. In east love means more than intimacy. When we felt in love our heart beats stronger than usually, our eyes see only our beloveds, our ears hear only speeches of our beloveds.
  Love fils our heart with joy, kindness, magnanimity.
He who never loved faint and lie down! What do you think about love? Have you ever loved?
 In russian love = любовь=lyubov
 in uzbek   love=севги=sevgi, мухабббат=muhabbat
How do you write the word love in your language?

09:05 AM Feb 26 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

spontan

spontan

Germany

such nice thoughts about love and nobody wants to answer?!

in German LOVE = LIEBE

Maybe is the word raped through advertising …you can love your car,your Burger even the toilet paper you can love….

i know some people in our culture which don't use the word love, because for them is love like in your culture sacred…and has nothing to do with the advertisement slogans…. 

02:14 PM Feb 27 2009 |

leo

Uzbekistan

Advertisment …. maybe it is in your manners to do something pr with love but i only tried describe my thoughts. Maybe love for you like a toy . When you want to love you begin to play it. Or when it's becoming dull you throw it at once. Not looking behind or shutting your eyes. Sometimes it is pleasantly to love your memories. I see you haven't such beautiful moments of life that happened with you in the past.
   Most people love themselves and they try to use their love as a mean of their lusts.
You are right about one thing love comes in different ways. love for your relatives and kins, love for your's hobbies , etc… I have not the mind to discuss about  the forms of love with you. 

07:27 AM Feb 28 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Smilefighting young man,ebaby is not Uzbekistan,here can write every one, here are no thought-controls ….i haven't ask you any question….so you have no need to waste your time with me…

nevertheless ,i agree with your thought you post first.but your second post is only polemic…

love is for me no toy,

love is for me not only memory,

love will be the crown of my future lifeSmile

10:56 AM Feb 28 2009 |

shivana hoseini

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

if i has to choose between loving you and breathing , i would use my last breath to say i love ou.

01:52 PM Mar 07 2009 |

shivana hoseini

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

True love doesn' have a happy ending , because True love never endes.

01:55 PM Mar 07 2009 |

sweetme

sweetme

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

love is stroong word with deep feeling inside evryone something even if he never know what it is..in lover eyes you can see that ligth and some time you can swair they braethe it eat it sleep and see thire lover in dream ..it seems seach bueatfull life,but when that sweet life end in the moment our lover say can not live with us that brokean our heart and made us not belive in love again ..but that all gone when we find the reail true love and maybe is not so far..
love in my language is_حب عشق

02:24 PM Mar 07 2009 |

leo

Uzbekistan

love is endles. You are right shivani. Love is long intricate , intimate dance together.

08:10 AM Mar 10 2009 |

:-(

India

In India we pronounce Love as Pyaar, Ishaq, Mohabbat, n in Punjabi we call it NehoN or teH too.

In Punjab we define it in two ways, one is Ishaq Majaji : it connotes affection between man and woman, or wordly love. Other is Ishaq Haqiqi: that is divine love or love with god. If one's feelings and commitment for his/her lover(mehboob) is true then Ishaq Majaji is a way too Ishaq Haqiqi.

09:22 AM Mar 10 2009 |

leo

Uzbekistan

:-_(  thanks a lot for yrs reply!  Divine love also you feel to yrs lover too. Love is so divine and so sweet! I want to love always and forever! I want to belost in love's eyes! My indian friend thanks a lot for yrs efforts!

12:14 PM Mar 10 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

Love 4 me is a feelng tht makes u 4get tht u were ever alone,ever sad or ever sorry makes u 4get wht u dnt have or yet 2 achieve,it makes u feel u have everythng ths wrld has to offr n u r livng a whole life in every breath u take,i love love ;)

06:04 PM Mar 10 2009 |