Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Atheist friends in English Baby!

M. Gonz

M. Gonz

Chile

Hello, my name is Mauricio Gonz and I'd like to meet people with atheist thoughts…

The idea is not to be untolerant with believers, it's only a way to express our opinions in English!

Regards and welcome!!   

04:00 PM Mar 05 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Abd'Arrahman

Tunisia

Hi :-(

The first question was "Who created man?"

I think we are arguing about whether there is a creator to the universe or not. We are not discussing who the creator is.

Therefore, I'd like to correct the question and it becomes this:

Is/Are there (a) creator(s) to the universe?

As you see, I don't presuppose that there is only one creator. It could be 1, 2, 3 or more.

As you  might conclude, I'm not discussing our topic from a religious background. Let's keep religions aside for now.

I'm calling you, me and the reader to use mind. Let's use reason and provide nothing but rational proof to support our ideas.

Hence, We shouldn't use the word 'God' (this word comes from religion). Instead of it, we use the word 'creator(s)'.

I do not oppose (at least now) the evolution theory because it is not against the existence of creator(s) but against the theory of holy books that Adam and Eve are the parents of man.

As I mentioned before, Darwin said that there existed at least one single common ancestor from which new species came into being. My question was "Is There creator(s) to this ancestor?" and you answered that scientsists haven't yet found where the ancestor came from. It's ok until now.

I'm happy that you thought correctly and concluded that scientists will get to the answer. I say you thought correctly because your mind processed following one common rule which is the cause effect relationship. You concluded subconsciously that there must be a cause behind the common ancestor i.e. the effect.

Now, I'd like you to tell me your openion about all What I said here and especially about the cause effect relationship.

Thanks for your attention.

07:26 AM Mar 14 2009 |

:-(

India

hi Abd,

Do you have any concrete positive theory abt. God, its creation,its methods and tools of working and all that?

In concern with the above question, if you have anything to say about Astrology, Cosmology, biology, Origin of Life, and all that, will  you pls. mention your sources ?

As an Atheist, Let me say there exists God, but in the minds of ppl., it is a material force and have cosequences on our lives. If you don't have a positive theory abt. God, I propose I may submit my theory abt. God as a social phenomenon.

Thanx for everything.

07:07 AM Mar 15 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

DEAR :)....SORRY :(,Smile
FOLLOW THIS LINK AND READ ITS POSTS, MAY IT ANSWER UR QUESTIONS
http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/258969?from_search_page=1
THANKS AND SALAM

09:02 AM Mar 15 2009 |

Abd'Arrahman

Tunisia

Yes, you may submit your theory about God. I promise to read carefully and understand.

04:35 PM Mar 15 2009 |

endurereality

United States

I encourage fellow theist/atheist/agnostic to take the Theist-Atheist scale

cheers~

05:22 AM Mar 16 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

endur,

what is the benfits of that scale….muslims will take 1 only while others will range from 1 to 7….

no muslim doubt 1% or less than that God is not exist….He is before existence and after the end….

emptiness cause bumpping in the darkness of astrayness

07:00 AM Mar 16 2009 |

M. Gonz

M. Gonz

Chile

Good question…

Human live doesn't appear because of creation.

It's a long process explained by evolution.

I have a question for you…

Who created God?

Another One!

Good bye!

07:33 PM Mar 16 2009 |

M. Gonz

M. Gonz

Chile

It's good to read several opinions about the origins of god and human beings…

My thought is that science explains the process of the origin of man!

Other visions of God and human are folklorical visions of every single culture!

I'd like to have friends in here!

Add me as friend to have a better chat!

See ya!!

07:36 PM Mar 16 2009 |

Abd'Arrahman

Tunisia

Certainly I have an answer to the question "Who created God?" but before that I'd like to discuss the evolution theory with you. Unfortunately, I cannot do that now or the next few days because I'll be busy.

I hope we continue our discussion soon!

See you!

09:03 PM Mar 17 2009 |

Jorge Daniel

Ecuador

i believe in Jesus Christ… God is all in my life, my refugie, my tower, my Father, my air… God created the universe and He created you and me. Jesus died for you for love … God love you and find you.

09:32 PM Mar 17 2009 |