Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Atheist friends in English Baby!

M. Gonz

M. Gonz

Chile

Hello, my name is Mauricio Gonz and I'd like to meet people with atheist thoughts…

The idea is not to be untolerant with believers, it's only a way to express our opinions in English!

Regards and welcome!!   

04:00 PM Mar 05 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

:-(

India

hi java,

I hope, atleast it would be a nice disscussion now!

This time I just want a clarification:

So technically energy can be converted to matter, so it is plausible that god created every thing.

Energy is a form of matter. Do you consider God a Matter?

Hi, Kyle A,

Hope wen ur homework is over, u'll join us.

10:37 AM Mar 30 2009 |

India

ummmm?

02:21 AM Apr 01 2009 |

annegong

China

I am from China,I want wo make friends with everybody to practice my english.my MSN

By the way,i am a atheist

03:05 AM Apr 01 2009 |

annegong

China

Tongue out

03:07 AM Apr 01 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@ :-(

Energy is a form of matter. Do you consider God a Matter?

no, Matter is any thing that has both Mass and volume. 

Also, when Positron and electron collide , pure energy is released. 

All matter can be converted to energy, but not all energy can be converted to Matter.

e.g. Photon is an energy particle,I cannot be converted to matter. 

Any how, Physics is a very Complex and beautiful subject. It has to be researched, and doesn;t come sitting in a cave / standing on a hill top/ or in front of Fire.   

@kyle

We are apes so it is 100% similar. I believe you were trying to specify Chimpanzees. We are 99% similar to Chimpanzees depending on how you want to analyze the DNA.

99% similar is a genetic way, i.e Genome mapping. Today Evolution is not just based on material evidence,it is based on Genetical evidence.

After the proposal of theory of evolution, Bioligical and Medical science has grown leaps and bounds. All scientics are in gerneral openion that if it was not for this theoy, major discoveries would have been impossible.

05:31 PM Apr 01 2009 |

India

oww…I am talking to a genius! You made me curious. I am not in hurry to get into a debate (which is always tiresome!) just want to know something new.

Let me admit that I have a lesser knowledge of Physics! So you say all the energy can not be converted to matter. Must be true- can you give the source? I want to clarify myself.

Secondly, which type of energy God is- that can be converted into matter or that can not be converted?

Thirdly, why did you change your picture? You want to haunt an atheist? Anyway, I know why you used that mask- you want to hide your RED eyes!

01:41 PM Apr 06 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

oww…I am talking to a genius! You made me curious. I am not in hurry to get into a debate (which is always tiresome!) just want to know something new.

hsssss genius? where ? who,

Let me admit that I have a lesser knowledge of Physics! So you say all the energy can not be converted to matter. Must be true- can you give the source? I want to clarify myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

According to relativity, energy and mass are connected by the equation E = mc2, which means mass can always be equated to energy. Hence, matter (which has mass) can be related to energy; however, energy cannot always be related to matter: there are types of energy, such as photons, that are not matter by themselves (matter is, at best, a subset of energy and of mass). In the realm of cosmology, dark matter and dark energy are invoked to explain the behavior of the observable universe. They are not formed of the same constituents that make up atoms of ordinary matter.

Secondly, which type of energy God is- that can be converted into matter or that can not be converted?

may be the energy that is present in a String . i.e. not convertible. I have only basic knowledge of String theory.

Thirdly, why did you change your picture? You want to haunt an atheist? Anyway, I know why you used that mask- you want to hide your RED eyes!

i stand on the line between  Atheism and believer. I could move over to Atheism if CERNs gives me some answers on String theory.

Any how I am not completely against religion.  I am a Hindu and near atheist . Atheism is completely compatible with Hinduism and Bhuddism i guess

Till now no Religion have invented an interpretation about black hole. and answers to mystery of black hole.   

he he, I have Brown eyes, also, Khathakli dacers (the photo) have red eyes as well.

One question, what do you do for a living, you are 29 right. I have a feeling that you are a physics lecturer testing peopl's knowledge

03:42 PM Apr 06 2009 |