Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Does Islam exists ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I beg pardon to doubt upon the existence of Islam in this world.It might be alive in Quran itself or a reality of some other planet.

I respect the Quran Sheiefe, Islam & Mohammed but feel it out of practice.

The world would have been become a heaven if principles of Islam are practised.

Muslims are killing muslims,what to talk of others.

Does Islam teach to kill someone ?But the history is full of killings or even presnt is also not better.

Friends, I may be wrong But I feel peace & liberty be the only criteria of existenece of Islam.

My heart drowns while looking upon the situation of our life. What we have made of it ?

I feel animals are much more humans than so called humans.

Sorry friends.

06:15 PM Mar 09 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

deven,
i think
we are human ,islam is not for heaven.. islam is for this earth ,this world.. islam is a way to guide us to the heavn.. don’t be sad ,islam is not only for those muslims. islam for us ,all human.. there are good great people around.. you are one of them..
if islam is good or has a great principles as you say. you can prove that…

08:52 PM Mar 09 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

You are right. A person cant go Heaven just with being muslim. We have mistakes too, we are sinner too.

We kill too, We say lie too, We steal too….

But it doesn't mean our religion, Islam isn't for Earth, and humans.

Islam existes and it is for human in Earth. Not for Heaven.

It is a test to deserve Heaven or Hell..

I wish, everyone could be as good n merciful as Prphet Muhammed, Jesus, Moses,.. .. ..

Earth would be so good.. then we wouldn't care about Hell or Heaven…

It is a nice topic…

I like u much. I wish i could be a nice person like you.But i have to improve me sooooooo much to be a little Devin…

A nice topic! :)

09:28 PM Mar 09 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"I respect the Quran Sheiefe, Islam & Mohammed but feel it out of practice."

THAT'S RIGHT DEV, BUT WE SHOULD NOT LOSE THE HOPE TO RETURN ISLAM TO ITS FIRST DAYS….MUSLIMS BECOME AS U SAID AFTER A LOT OF CONSPIRISES GATHERED UPON THEM
TO DEVIATE THEM FROM ISLAM AND MOST OF IT SUCCEDED…SO IT IS OUR ROLE TO STRAIGHT THE DEVIATION….
ALSO PUT THE WORDS OF NABILASH, CIC AND BLINK INTO ACCOUNT….

03:19 PM Mar 10 2009 |

:-(

India

Dev, why do you isolate Islam on the points you made?

Look at our country!

Don't you know, in 1984 thosands Sikhs were burnt alive in none other City but Capital itself. Hindus were gunned down in Punjab.

Thousands Muslims were burnt alive in Gujraat, women raped few years ago.

Nuns were raped and hundreds Christians were killed Last year in Orissa and Madhya Pardesh.

You can find more details on net, everything even videos are available here.You can check them on youtube.

I appreciate your concerns but perhaps it is not right to single out any one religion!

I think it is not religion by itself but its mismanagement and politics is responsible for all that evils!

03:54 PM Mar 10 2009 |

syht

Saudi Arabia

WHAT IS ISLAM?

Can we find an explanation of the great universe? Is there any convincing interpretation of the secret of existence? We realize that no family can function properly without a responsible head, that no city can prosperously exist without sound administration, and that no state can survive without a leader of some kind. We also realize that nothing comes into being on its own. Moreover, we observe that the universe exists and functions in the most orderly manner, and that it has survived for hundreds of thousand of years. Can we then say that all this is accidental and haphazard? Can we attribute the existence of man and the whole world to mere chance.

Man represents only a very small portion of the great universe. And if he can make plans and appreciate the merits of planning, then his own existence and the survival of the universe must also be a planned policy. This means that there is an extraordinary power to bring things into being and keep them moving in order.

In the world then must be a great force in action to keep everything in order. In the beautiful nature there must be a Great creator who creates the most charming pieces of art produces every thing for a special purpose in life. The deeply enlightened people recognize this creator and call him Allah "God". He is not a man because no man can create or make another man. He is not an animal, nor he is a plant. He is neither an Idol nor is He a statue of any kind because non of these things can make itself or create anything else. He is different from all these things because he is the maker and keeper of them all. The maker of anything must be different from and greater than things which he makes.

There are various ways to know God "ALLAH'' and there are many things to tell about him. The great wonders and impressive marvels of the world are like open books in which we can read about God. Besides, God Himself comes to our aid through the many Messengers and revelations He has sent down to man. These Messengers and revelations tell us everything we need to know about God.

The complete acceptance of the teachings and guidance of God 'Allah' as revealed to His Messengers Muhammad is the religion of Islam. Islam enjoins faith in the oneness and sovereignty of Allah, which makes man aware of meaningfulness of the Universe and of his place in it. This belief frees him from all fears and superstitions by making him conscious of the presence of the Almighty Allah and of man's obligations towards Him. This faith must be expressed and tested in actions, faith alone is not enough. Belief in one God requires that we look upon all humanity as one family under the universal Omnipotence of God the Creator and Nourisher of all. Islam rejects the idea of chosen people, making belief in God and good actions the only way to heaven. Thus, a direct relationship in established with God, without any intercessor.

Islam is not a new religion. It is, in essence, the same message and guidance which Allah revealed to all Prophets. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ismael, David, Moses and Jesus (PBUT). But the message which was revealed to Prophet Mohammed (PBUT) is Islam in its comprehensive, complete and final form.

The Quran is the last revealed word of Allah and the basic source of Islamic teachings and laws. The Quran deals with the basis of creeds, morality, history of humanity, worship, knowledge, wisdom, God-man relationship, and human relationship in all aspects. Comprehensive teaching on which, can be built sound systems of social justice, economics, politics, legislation, jurisprudence, law and international relations, are important contents of the Quran. Hadith, the teachings, sayings and actions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUT), meticulously reported and collected by his devoted companions. Explained and elaborated the Quranic verses.

THE FUNDAMENTAL ARTICLES OF FAITH IN ISLAM

The true faithful Muslim believes in the following Principal articles of faith:-

1. He believes in One God 'Allah', Supreme and Eternal, Infinite and Mighty, Merciful and Compassionate, Creator and Provider.
  2. He believes in all Messengers of God without any discrimination among them. Every known nation had a warner or Messenger from God. They were chosen by God to teach mankind and deliver His divine message. The Quran mentions the name of twenty five of them. Among them Mohammad stands as the last Messenger and the crowning glory of the foundation of Prophethood.
  3. Muslin believes in all scriptures and revelations of God. They were the guiding light which the Messengers received to show their respected peoples the Right Path of God. In the Quran a special reference is made to the books of Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus. But long before the revelations has been lost or corrupted. The only authentic and complete book of God in existence in the Quran.
  4. The true Muslim believes in the Angels of Allah. They are purely spiritual and splendid beings whose nature requires on food, drink or sleep. They spend their days and nights in the worship of God.
  5. Muslim believes in the last Day of Judgement. This world will come to an end someday, and the dead will rise to stand for their final and fair trial. People with good records will be generously, rewarded and warmly welcomed to the Heaven of Allah, and those with bad records will be punished and cast into Hell.
  6. Muslim believes in the timeless knowledge of God and His power to plan and execute His planes and nothing could happen in His Kingdom against His will. His knowledge and power are in action at all times and command over His creation. He is wise and merciful, and whatever He does must have a meaningful purpose. If this is established in our mind and hearts, we should accept with good faith all that He does, although we may fail to under stand it fully, or think it is bad.

THE FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM

Faith without actions arid practice is a dead end, as far as Islam is concerned. Faith by nature is very sensitive and can be most effective. When it is not out of practice or out of use, it quickly loses its liveliness and motivation power.

There are five pillars of Islam:

1. The declaration of faith: To bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Mohammad (PBUH) is His Messenger to all human beings till the Day of Judgment. The Prophethood of Mohammad obliges the Muslims to follow, His exemplary life as a model.
  2. Prayers: Daily, prayers are offered five times a day as a duty towards Allah. They strengthen and enliven the belief in Allah and inspire man to a higher morality. They purify the heart and prevent temptation towards wrong – doings and evil.
  3. Fasting the month of Ramadan. The Muslims during the month of Ramadan not only abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse from dawn to sunset but also sincerity and devotion. It develops a sound social conscience, patience, unselfishness and will – Power.
  4. Zakkah: The literal and simple meaning of Zakkah is purity. The technical meaning of this word designates the annual amount in kind or coin which a Muslim with means must distribute among the rightful beneficiaries. But the religious and spiritual significance of Zakkah is much deeper and more lively. So it has humanitarian and sociopolitical values.
  5. Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah): It is to be performed once in a lifetime, if one can afford it financially and physically.

02:50 PM Mar 11 2009 |

syht

Saudi Arabia

ISLAM and the AIM of LIFE

http://www.islamhouse.com/

What is your purpose in life? What is the rationale behind our life? Why do we live in this life? These questions frequently intrigue people who try to find accurate answers.

People provide different answers to these questions. Some people believe the purpose of life is to accumulate wealth. But one may wonder: What is the purpose of life after one has collected colossal amounts of money? What then? What will the purpose be once money is gathered? If the purpose of life is to gain money, there will be no purpose after becoming wealthy. And in fact, here lies the problem of some disbelievers or misbelievers at some stage of their life, when collecting money is the target of their life. When they have collected the money they dreamt of, their life loses its purpose. They suffer from the panic of nothingness and they live in tension and restlessness.

Can Wealth Be an Aim?

We often hear of a millionaire committing suicide, sometimes, not the millionaire himself but his wife, son, or daughter. The question that poses itself is: Can wealth bring happiness to one’s life? In most cases the answer is NO. Is the purpose of collecting wealth a standing purpose? As we know, the five-year old child does not look for wealth: a toy for him is equal to a million dollars. The eighteen-year old adolescent does not dream of wealth because he is busy with more important things. The ninety-year old man does not care about money; he is worried more about his health. This proves that wealth cannot be a standing purpose in all the stages of the individual's life.

Wealth can do little to bring happiness to a disbeliever, because he/she is not sure about his fate. A disbeliever does not know the purpose of life. And if he has a purpose, this purpose is doomed to be temporary or self destructive.

What is the use of wealth to a disbeliever if he feels scared of the end and skeptical of everything. A disbeliever may gain a lot of money, but will surely lose himself.

Worshipping Allah as an Aim

On the contrary, faith in Allah gives the believer the purpose of life that he needs. In Islam, the purpose of life is to worship Allah. The term "Worship" covers all acts of obedience to Allah.

The Islamic purpose of life is a standing purpose. The true Muslim sticks to this purpose throughout all the stages of his life, whether he is a child, adolescent, adult, or an old man.

Worshipping Allah makes life purposeful and meaningful, especially within the framework of Islam. According to Islam this worldly life is just a short stage of our life. Then there is the other life. The boundary between the first and second life is the death stage, which is a transitory stage to the second life. The type of life in the second stage a person deserves depends on his deeds in the first life. At the end of the death stage comes the day of judgment. On this day, Allah rewards or punishes people according to their deeds in the first life.

The First Life as an Examination

So, Islam looks at the first life as an examination of man. The death stage is similar to a rest period after the test, i. e. after the first life. The Day of Judgment is similar to the day of announcing the results of the examinees. The second life is the time when each examinee enjoys or suffers from the outcome of his behavior during the test period.

In Islam, the line of life is clear, simple, and logical: the first life, death, the Day of Judgment, and then the second life. With this clear line of life, the Muslim has a clear purpose in life. The Muslim knows he is created by Allah. Muslims know they are going to spend some years in this first life, during which they have to obey God, because God will question them and hold them responsible for their public or private deeds, because Allah knows about all the deeds of all people. The Muslim knows that his deeds in the first life will determine the type of second life they will live in. The Muslim knows that this first life is a very short one, one hundred years, more or less, whereas the second life is an eternal one.

The Eternity of the Second Life

The concept of the eternity of the second life has a tremendous effect on a Muslims during their first life, because Muslims believe that their first life determines the shape of their second life. In addition, this determines the shape of their second life and this determination will be through the Judgment of Allah, the All just and Almighty.

With this belief in the second life and the Day of Judgment, the Muslim's life becomes purposeful and meaningful. Moreover, the Muslim's standing purpose is to go to Paradise in the second life.

In other words, the Muslim's permanent purpose is to obey Allah, to submit to Allah, to carry out His orders, and to keep in continues contact with Him through prayers (five times a day), through fasting (one month a year), through charity (as often as possible), and through pilgrimage (once in one's life).

The Need for a Permanent Purpose

Disbelievers have purposes in their lives such as collecting money and property, indulging in sex, eating, and dancing. But all these purposes are transient and passing ones. All these purposes come and go, go up and down. Money comes and goes. Health comes and goes. Sexual activities cannot continue forever. All these lusts for money, food and sex cannot answer the individual's questions: so what? Then What?

However, Islam saves Muslims from the trouble of asking the question, because Islam makes it clear, from the very beginning, that the permanent purpose of the Muslim in this life is to obey Allah in order to go to Paradise in the second life.

We should know that the only way for our salvation in this life and in the hereafter is to know our Lord who created us, believe in Him, and worship Him alone.

We should also know our Prophet whom Allah had sent to all mankind, believe in Him and follow Him. We should, know the religion of truth which our Lord has commanded us to believe in, and practice it …

Those in search of truth

Who have an open mind and heart,

Islamic Education Foundation

Welcome You.

Objectives:

To Convey the message of Islam

To Educate Muslims about Islam

To keep in close contact with new Muslims.

Activities:

Offering Courses and presenting lectures about Islam in several languages.

Teaching Islam and Arabic.

Teaching new Muslims to receive the Holy Quran.

Helping Non Muslims embrace Islam and complete the required procedures

02:52 PM Mar 11 2009 |

syht

Saudi Arabia

Welcome You.

Objectives:

To Convey the message of Islam

To Educate Muslims about Islam

To keep in close contact with new Muslims.

Activities:

Offering Courses and presenting lectures about Islam in several languages.

Teaching Islam and Arabic.

Teaching new Muslims to receive the Holy Quran.

Helping Non Muslims embrace Islam and complete the required procedures

http://www.al-islam.com/eng/

02:57 PM Mar 11 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

WELCOME SYHT,
IT IS THE FIRST TIME I SEE A PERSON FROM AFGHANSTAN HERESmile

03:11 PM Mar 11 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Sorry for isolating Islam,actually it is every where,the people of all religions are similer in a way, that people of all religions bow before their scripures equally but do not follow their spirit & try to prove forcibly that their religion is the only real religion.

In every religion the number real religious people is very low & round about their percentage is equal.

As someone really become religious his boundary of religion falls & he starts belonging to real existential God, which is beyond of every scripture, who's knowldge is given in scritures.

I feel that existential God should be one & only one only. Existentially the whole humanity is one class,every human has similer structure of body,same kind of mind & fuctions of body.

Every religion has an story of creation, which try to give answer of every existential question that arires in every independent mind.

I feel that religion is a set of  principle laid down in the name of god to relate with one another & give readymade answers to the questions that one aspires existentially.

Dear Blink,

If you feel that there are classes of people based upon, have & have not's, it's most ashameful for religions,it makes our practical life based upon material values ,which is against the spirit of the every religion.It proves the emptiness & hypocracy of religious & political systems.

I feel that whole of earth has been grabbed by some powerful people,who handover the property to their next coming genrations.

But the people who do not have enogh, are born as slaves.Every one needs shelter or piece of land to live which has been aquired by some people. & the coming new generations have to pay for land as rent for the whole of the life.

I feel that animals are better than humns in the sense that they have not to pay the rent 'to survive'which human has to pay.

I feel that religiousness is that everyone should get space to sleep without paying any rent.

Existentially how can be someone the master of the earth ?

Explotation causes pains arrespective of the religions.

Which is the basic cause of frustration.

We may call ourself religious but we are not religious at all.  

06:21 PM Mar 11 2009 |