Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

An idea suddenly occured to me! Let's improve our english together ! Stir youself!!!1

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

Let's go folks! One slang on day!

An idea suddenly occurred to me …......we can share the slangs or useful expressions you learned from movies or songs and you think very useful and practical in daily life  together…...................

There are many slangs in english and some of them can't be found in your textbook…. i think only the native speakers understand the deep meaning of it….

but they are very useful and enrich  your language ., the problem is we seldom have the oppotunity to use them in our daily life so despite that we may have read the slang b4 but forget it very soon…......

eg :"she is always running the show' means she is the boss she decides …......

04:32 AM Apr 15 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

divorce. Sorry to hear that i had expected a perfect ending of the fancy marriage. Afer all not everyong has such a fancy first meeting with their future spouse.

I think i can be called a jogging, hiking, badminton, movies and sleeping nut . hehehehe

Is she a whiz in tennis?Rafael Nadal. Oh my god i really like him.

04:25 AM Jul 11 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

divorce. Sorry to hear that i had expected a perfect ending of the fancy marriage. Afer all not everyong has such a fancy first meeting with their future spouse.

I think i can be called a jogging, hiking, badminton, movies, sleeping and food nut . hehehehe

Is she a whiz in tennis?Rafael Nadal. Oh my god i really like him.

04:26 AM Jul 11 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

get one's goat

I went to hospital becvause of catching cold. When i set accounts, it really got my goat to find the doctor prescribed me medicine of 298.6 RMB,

to get one's goat means to irritate or annoy someone.

10:50 AM Jul 17 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

at intervals

It rains at intervals this month here in china.I watched a picture on newspaper which showed Chongqing was flooded so that people rowed boats on streets.

10:09 AM Jul 20 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

trophy wife

Many rich people prefer trophy wife'cause trophy wife is  a symbol that they are successful.

12:36 PM Jul 24 2007 |

iman4faith

iman4faith

Algeria

hi wendy wang!   I want first, to thank you for your remarkable contribution in my forum….and I want to tell you that you forum is so good and creative, and really a good idea…My idiom is

It's six and two threes=used to say that two things or persons or situetions…etc are the same. In frensh we say "kif Kif". Let me give you an exemple: to drink from this side of the cup or the other side, is six and too threes…you will be drinking in both cases…

01:59 PM Jul 26 2007 |