Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

EUROVISION 2009 MOSCOW

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Hey everyone :)

I think lot of people is looking forward to watch Eurovision song contest 2009.. thanks to Dima Bilan and his song "Believe" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjGNdotSgDY or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawnwSYOCFU) Eurovision 2009 will be in Moscow (Russia)..

all necessary information u can find on the official Eurovision website: http://www.eurovision.tv/ 

now let's share.. what you think, who has more chances to win? or at least what you think abt participant from your own country?..

this year Russia is represented by Anastasia Prihod'ko with a song "Mamo" ("mom" in ukranian).. actually i think she doesn't have any chances to win.. let's hope she'll get a place within top-10 =P

10:29 AM May 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

After military chorus and drummers I was wondering when finally tanks will appear on the stage??

01:54 PM May 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

so damn funny dude..

01:58 PM May 13 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

все,я иду смотреть архивы КВН…:) убей не помню!

02:05 PM May 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

then sorry, my bad =P

02:14 PM May 13 2009 |

stellastar

stellastar

Russian Federation

Good luck to everyone)))

02:25 PM May 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

yeah, let’s wish luck to those countries who will have their performances tomorrow, in 2nd semifinal :
Slovenia
Denmark
Azerbaijan
Netherlands
Latvia
Hungary
Serbia
Norway
Ukraine
Greece
Lithuania
Poland
Croatia
Estonia
Moldova
Cyprus
Ireland
Slovakia
Albania

02:30 PM May 13 2009 |

stellastar

stellastar

Russian Federation

Ajdjpj

02:32 PM May 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

eehhh, did i miss smth? o_O
what’s that—>> Ajdjpj :D

02:38 PM May 13 2009 |

disturbed92

Germany

In general, I like the Eurovision Songcontes although Germany never come off well in this show. To tell the truth, I doubt whether the german artist will have successes this year. Never mind, I’m really looking forward to this event. But at this moment, I haven’t favourite artists. Maybe Russia. ^^  

03:20 PM May 13 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

To Pieter -

I love the country of Holland – Rotterdam is my favourite city in the whole world (of the cities I've visited that is), but I was talking about the Dutch song – because I decide according to the song not the politics, maybe your method is different?

I think I have as much right as you and everyone else to say which is my least favourite – I could have said I hate the song – but I didn't – I used the polite 'least favourite'. I would put it on an equal footing with the UK entry.

To everyone -

On a positive note, my favourites are Turkey, Norway, Moldova, Portugal, Finland, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Romania, and actually I like almost all – even the Belgian Elvis!

I enjoy reading which are your favourites too, thanks for this topic, I love Eurovision!

The contest would be no fun if we all agreed on the same song!

06:37 PM May 13 2009 |