Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

CAN U HELP ME?

Xarlyr

Xarlyr

Spain

HI GUYS!i'M CHARLY AND I'M FROM SPAIN. MOST PROBABLY IS THAT THIS SUMMERI'LL GO TO LONDON TO WORK FOR 2 MONTHS , SO I GOTTA IMPROVE MY ENGLISH ALL I CAN, I DO IT THE BEST I CAN BUT I THINK IT IS NOT GONNA BE ENOUGH BECAUSE THE ORAL IS QUITE DIFFERENT.

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVICES, PLEASE???

THANKS

BYE

CHARLY 

03:33 PM Apr 22 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

oh_sexygirl

Thailand

Hi Charly,

I suggest that you should watch soundtrack movies. You can learn how they pronounce the words, and you can also imitate their accent by repeating what you hear in the movies. Try to copy the original accent, say those sentences out loud, then you will hear your voice and know you mistakes.

You can also listen to English songs! This is fun, I've tried it by myself. You can practice your pronunciation through the rhythm and also learn the meaning of the songs!   

In addition, there are so many websites that you can learn how to pronounce words and sentences, they might teach you the phonetics symbols which help you to pronounce words when you use dictionary.

The last thing is very important. Speaking out will improve your oral communication skills. When you begin, it might be difficult for you, but if you keep trying you will feel more confident to convey your messages through speaking.

Remember, practice makes perfect. Good luck Laughing

Choni 

07:28 PM Apr 22 2007 |

edorado

Indonesia

Work for two months in London.What should you do to improve your english, particularly your speaking skill?

To work in London is one thing, to live and learn English is another thing.The QUICKEST and the most EXPENSIVE way to improve your communication skill in English is to hire a native English tutor.Remember you'll have great opportunity but little time to practice what you learn.Two monts are very short if you want to make some real progress.Although it is quite expensive, I think it is worthy of a try.Grab the chance, Bud.Of course, it all depends on what sort of job you'll do there.Cool

07:25 AM Apr 23 2007 |

-Aim-

-Aim-

Thailand

Let talk English with me @

skype ; suttichana

hotmail ; suttichanana 

08:11 AM Apr 23 2007 |

Xarlyr

Xarlyr

Spain

thank you everybody 4 ur advices, they are all really OK.

LAst month I decided to have a native tutor and she is really nice, I think I'm learning alot with her .

BYE

11:02 AM Apr 23 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

hey como istas ?

lestin to alot of music speacially the one that is andurstandable and watch movies too..oh yeah as your lestining to music read the lyrics as well that helps alot to understand it ..read the dictunary and try to memorize it.i know its hard but it helps too.

i hope i could help you more but thats what i know and it had helped me alot..

take care espanol guy..

11:05 AM Apr 23 2007 |

Xarlyr

Xarlyr

Spain

Thanks black'n'blue, I love listening english song, and once I have listened it I try to write the lyrics, and it's better than I thought lol. :D

11:06 AM Apr 23 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

thats cool though i hope i helped you any ways london is not that good i heard english ppl are so mean but hey i wish you the best.

11:10 AM Apr 23 2007 |

Xarlyr

Xarlyr

Spain

Yeah,  2  months ago I went there to look up a friend and I stayed there 1 week, and I didn't have any problem with my english :d , so I  hope that in 2 months I will do the best I can. Bye

11:17 AM Apr 23 2007 |