Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Is that very difficult to marry an oversea girl to Yemen men??

melody lee

melody lee

China

my bf is a Yemen man who is studying in china now,we love each other very much,but one day he told me that his families dont agree our marriage because we have the different culture and life pattern. actually i can do everything for him i can change my life pattern…...

now both of us are very sad,how can we do?????  

04:23 AM May 30 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

melody lee

melody lee

China

谢谢你哦~Wink

04:40 AM May 31 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

ya i think so. religion is one of the biggest problem,he told me his god allah is the true god and cares about and love the people so much,then why does the true god cant allow our true love? I just beg a little mercy from allah~~

04:43 AM May 31 2009 |

flora123

flora123

China

Breaking up with each other is the best choice.When u started to be together with him, u should  predict that u guys have no future. He is a muslim – a quite traditional religion, they are difficult to accept a girl from the different culture ,different background ,different religion…...) , which wont be changed in Islam.

Women are  so important in muslim family, frequently in muslim faimly, God is ranked first , Mother is ranked second ,then the father or others…..

P.S these are just my suggestion and opinion.

05:33 AM May 31 2009 |

Blue-sky

Saudi Arabia

Flora I want to tell you that I live in very tradational community but not all people are same.  Islam enforce love and guide to it.  It is up to you i mean you can marry any one but she should be Muslim, Crestian or jewe.  Even in the Islamic world we have so many cultures same like crestian. 

06:45 AM May 31 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

Blue-sky thank you for your point.

Also i hope that his family can accept me who has the different culture and life style,i hope his family is open enough to accept me,but there's also a big problem.The marriage in his country Yemen is never decieded by the partner themselves.It's decided by their parents. and their family is so religious.

I feel hopeless~~~i'm so sad.

09:58 AM Jun 01 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

Dear friend thank you for your point so much. I think i need to know it and i'd like to know more about our country.

Really your point make me know about the how important the wife and mother is.

I respect the arabian people very much though sometimes i cant quite understand some thoughts there because of the different culture,really i respect them so much.

Thank you so much!!!

10:05 AM Jun 01 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

melody, there must be solution of your problem. i'm really sad that u fell hopeless…=(   i think parents shouldn't decide children's destiny . It is stupid. Of course you must take into consideration their opinion, but it is your own way in life. His family must  back down and find a compromise if they wish happiness to u….=)

10:50 AM Jun 01 2009 |

wanye27

China

Hi,Melody

I really feel sad to hear your story.

To you problem,it is really hard to find a perfect solution.

may I ask you,if your bf's parents accept u,when do you get marry?If the wedding day is far,I suggest you think of the romantic time with him more,after all the day is far,why do you care of it so much.

In China,these is a saying:the process is the most important.

i think if you have beautifull process,it is enough.

If you really want to stay with him,then try your best.Dont think of the result so much.

Good luck to you!

12:55 PM Jun 01 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

Ouu my poor friend :(

It's stupid that in muslim countries family choose wife or husband for their son/daughter :| as we know it;s our life and we should deciding with our future life..and we should choose our wife and husband ! 

so talk to him again .. and say him that you love him etc.. and maybe he will move to your country :D and you will be togehter ! :)

Thx God that in my country I chose my boyfriend/husband myself !! :)

take care and good luck :)

01:26 PM Jun 01 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

Luzma!

yeah you are totally right! It's not important : culture,religion ,beliefs..

Everybody can be with her/his love and can be happy for a whole life !

only we can decide how wife/husband we want ! :)

05:49 PM Jun 01 2009 |