Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

miracles

gkisseberth

Germany

many religions have stories of miracles performed by prophets or others or just witnessed by followers, but most of these miracles happened quite a long time ago More modern miracles seem to be either rare or non-existant. 

Why do you think miracles as recognized in your faith were more common in the past?

What is the most recent miracle recognized by your faith?

If you think my percpetion is wrong and that miracles are just as common now, please give some examples of modern miracles.

03:30 AM Jun 19 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

I think you read this.

http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/299944

I think we can classify it as a mordern miracle.

04:41 AM Jun 19 2009 |

:-(

India

Miracles are routine matter here in India. Here, idols use to drink milk. The pictures of Saint Sai Baba use to shed holy ashes. Many Saints can fly or can live without breathing or can walk on water and so on. Our popular channels use to broadcast peoples that have taken second birth and have clear memories of last life.

Konstka too has mentioned one but that make me laugh because had he come here in India he would have come across many such things almost daily.

06:04 AM Jun 19 2009 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

you would like to know…? just look at your body. That's one of millions miracles…..

learn abt hw DNA working. You, animals, plants have same DNA nucleotide, only 4 (A, T, G, C), but at the end process of working, you r completely different with animals and plants…..what a miracle…..

Also learn hw the cells of your body coordinate each other and keep you alive…...

who create that miracles…? it just exist accidentaly…..? ( I think you know the answer)

08:33 AM Jun 19 2009 |

endurereality

United States

if all these mirciels have taken place, how come they were not properly documented in the fields of science?

perhaps they are mere "experiences", "coincidences" that have to grounds in logic / science.

06:33 PM Jun 19 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

Konstka too has mentioned one but that make me laugh because had he come here in India he would have come across many such things almost daily.

Actually, for me it was an extraordinary event because I had never seen a kind of things before and I haven't seen it after. I saw it by my own eyes and it was impressive. I'd like to find out more about that kind of miracles in India.

07:04 PM Jun 19 2009 |