Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why you think Muhammed is Fake Prophet?

l.pharaoh

l.pharaoh

Egypt

Why you think Muhammed is Fake Prophet?

If you interesting, you must ask About him

Why you Not believe him ?

01:26 PM Jun 24 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

First of all: If that's true, why did God say to Moses (PBUH) "I will raise them up a Prophet from among THEIR brethren," Why did not he say "I will raise them up a Prophet from among YOUR brethren," as long as Moses is from "Bnei Yisrael" ? by the way; The Almighty God is Infallible and you do believe in that. It's obvious Their brethren refers to Ishmaelites. Not Israelites.

In verse (18:15) before, it's written:

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him."

Now: Here is the full verse in question (Deuteronomy 18:18):

"I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him."

No prophet ever again arose in Israel like Moses, who knew the Lord face to face.

Deuteronomy 34:10

Moses was the only prophet in Judaism to whom Gd communicated face to face.Every other prophet was given their messages in dreams and such.

In these verses Gd is speaking directly to Moses and therefore says THEIR brethren to refer to the rest of the nation.  As it is known, the verse is referring to later generations of which Moses would not be apart so the 3rd person is referring to these generations.

The Ishmaelites had nothing to do Bnei Israel, they were not given the Torah and thus were no subject to its laws.

To be honest, I don't really care what the Koran says. I'm concentrating on your claims about the meaning within the Hebrew Scripture.

I'll continue on: 

"The specific thing here is that the prophet who comes is illiterate. He does not read nor he writes and the revelation that came to him was oral. "will put my words in his mouth", that is, he does not write down the revelation."

That's your interpretation based on your belief in Mohammed. The verse says nothing about illiteracy, or about not having written transmission.

Every prophet was given a message, the words from gd, then he transferred these words on to the rest of the people, obviously orally.

"According to the Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible, "Brethren" is the:
"Personification of a group of tribes who were regarded as near kinsmen of the Israelites." and the Bible refers to the Israelites as the brethren of the Ishmaelites in (Genesis. 16:12) and (Genesis. 25:18)."

As true as that is about the Ishmaelites being a distant kin of Bnei Israel, they are not brethren in the same sense of other Israelites, especially after the revelation of the Torah.

Another quote will illustrate this

"Come, let's sell him to the Ishmaelites and not lay our hands on him; after all, he is our brother, our own flesh and blood." His brothers agreed." Genesis 37:27

When Joseph's brothers sell him into slavery to the Ishmaelites, they refer to him as a brother, of their flesh and blood. This description is not given to the Ishmaelite that they sell him to.

"Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the beloved of God. His elect and messenger who will bring down a law to be awaited in the isles and who "shall not fail nor be discouraged till he have set judgement on earth." Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Kedar."

The verse is:

'The wilderness and its cities will life (their voices), the open cities were Kedar dwells'

This doesn't say anything about the awaited one having anything to do Kedar, it just says that its in the area where he once dwelt.

The 'awaited one' referred to in Isaiah is the Messiah, who is supposed to come from the line of King David. Nowhere does it say anything about anyone of importance coming from the line of Kedar, Ishmael or anyone else.

04:43 PM Jun 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The correct way to say "praised one" in Arabic is Muhammad, so this is the same word!

"His mouth is most sweet; and he is altogether Mohammeds . This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

And what connection does this have with the rest of the context?

There's no talk of a prophet arriving in the rest of the verse or anything that would support Mohammed's claim.

The only thing the verse has is a word that is related to the root word of Mohammed's name.

I could use the argument of reverse causation: Mohammed's name was chosen 'sweet, treasured one' because it was in this work of poetry.

"The Qur'an 6:61 declares that Jesus announced unto the people of Israel the coming of an apostle from Allah whose name was to be "Ahmad".  "

Your point? You're playing with words with similar roots again. Arabic and Hebrew are both Semitic language with large simularities. That certain names are related to certain words, that happen to be in the Hebrew Scripture is not a surprise.

A random use of a similar word in scripture is not proof of someone else's prophesy.

Furthermore, isn't the Scripture corrupted according to you anyway?

04:49 PM Jun 29 2009 |

messerschmitt

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

yes, Muhammed is a Prophet, Prophet of Dooms day cult called Islam

06:01 PM Jun 29 2009 |

ilknur1989

ilknur1989

Turkey

whether you beieve this fact or not, mohammed is prophet.as long as you maintain this your belief,god will you the best punishment.to deny a prophet means denying god.people who beieve GOD,know it.

08:10 AM Jul 02 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

You know what i think…Prophet Mohammad is just a one human being and now look how many Islam follower in all arrounds the world just begin from what he brought…and somebodys here complaining?? just because he didn't get someone agree with his idea…??My advise is..go and ask the person who raise you…tell him "why you didn't tell me much about this world!!" 

10:07 AM Jul 02 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"mohammed is prophet.as long as you maintain this your belief,god will you the best punishment.to deny a prophet means denying god.people who beieve GOD,know it."

Yes, you're right.

Over half the world is all going to hell for not believing that some guy in a cave wast a prophet.

Mother Theresa, Dalai Lama are all going to hell.

02:44 PM Jul 02 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

That really addressed what I said.

Are you sure there isn't a kindergarten in your area where you could argue with people more around your level?

04:17 PM Jul 02 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I do not belive in Prophets or Incarnations.  

05:00 PM Jul 02 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Smilefab1, what happened actually?...from what i can observe when you talk something, there's something else that you're accuse at…and that is not good…when you tell he's good, you mean that he's bad…...please be clear coz it good for you and us…so we will easily understand the fact…

For me, our father has it job to tell us something important ..and before that… he got all the advise from your grandfather which is his father..and there will be someone who will be "starting point" .The different is we're not live at the same time where the first (someone) who bring "that belive"So for me there is always someone who started something/invented something….and why we didn't believe…and it called "history" some called it "institutions" and it bring along "believe" (religion).Look at cars today…you tell me that cars is invented in year 2009??Telephone??computers,train??and how about sex…if someone not telling us about it/started it…we will have our days wasted just like that and keep asking eachother men and women again and again.."what is that..?!".."what we going to do with it…"Smile

11:56 PM Jul 02 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Over half the world is all going to hell for not believing that some guy in a cave was a prophet.

I guess I could say the same about not believing in a guy who talked to a bush or a guy whose Mom was a virgin and became a zombie. Or in a galactic overlord who a-bombed a bunch of volcanoes or that the gods live on the top of a mountain in north-central Greece, etc. etc.

12:56 AM Jul 03 2009 |