Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

US appoints envoy to Muslim world

gkisseberth

Germany

US appoints envoy to Muslim worldFarah Pandith (undated file image)Mrs Clinton said Ms Pandith brought 'years of experience' to the role

The US State Department has appointed its first Special Representative to Muslim Communities.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Farah Pandith would play a leading role in US efforts to "engage Muslims around the world".

She said Ms Pandith, who was born in Indian-administered Kashmir, would bring years of experience to the role.

The appointment is part of President Barack Obama's attempts to improve relations with the Muslim world.

Mrs Clinton said Ms Pandith "sees her personal experience as an illustration of how Muslim immigrants to the US can successfully integrate themselves into American society".

The State Department said Ms Pandith, who is a Muslim, would be responsible for helping US efforts to "engage with Muslims around the world on a people-to-people and organisational level".

The statement said Ms Pandith was previously the senior adviser on Muslim engagement in the European and Eurasian region at the State Department and had worked in the Afghan capital, Kabul, with the US Agency for International Development.

In a speech in Cairo earlier this month, Mr Obama said there had been "years of distrust" between the West and Islam but he was seeking "a new beginning" in the relationship.

04:12 AM Jun 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Dass deine Meinungen über Israel und den Westen völlig Unsinn sind, kann ich schon in meine anderen Posten bloßstellen.

"Überall ist religiöse Diskrimierung von Muslimen."

Ich rate dir mal also nicht-Muslim im Mittel-Osten zu leben und dann mal anzuschauen was echte Diskriminierung ist.

Eine von den Dingen was mich am meisten an europäischen Muslimen nervt, ist wenn die mit solchem Blödsinn kommen.

Ihr seid nicht die 'Juden' von heute, weder sonst noch eine erpresste Minderheit.

"Ich unterscheide zwischen westliche und islamische Welt und wir wollen Islam verbreitern, da es besser ist."

Und umso sind die Europaer des gegenteils ueberzeugt, dass unsere Lebensart und -weise besser ist. Wenn es die wirklich nicht gefaellt gibt es eine Duzend andere Laender wo du hinzogen kannst.

08:15 PM Jun 29 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

oh yes the west attacks the muslims all over the world, and for no reason! (have you ever heard of 9/11??? oh yes please tell me that these guys weren't real muslims :D)

This is exactly what I mean. How many people died on 9/11 and how long have the Nato Army been in Afghanistan?  8 Years! What happened during this 8 years? American Irak war, Israel Palestinian war, Afghanistan war, etc.. etc.. In fact Irak should have nuclear bombs but where? In fact Terrorism should be ended in Afghanistan, but it is growing up because of the psyschological damage. The members of Taliban and Al Qaida in Afghanistan and Pakistan arent more than 5 000 but the hundred thousands of Pakistanis and Afghans resist the soldiers. Of course you have no idea of that all. Israel mentioned that they were attacked by hamas rockets and during the whole war at the beginning of 3 Israelis and over 4000, most of them were civils and children, died. The history of the state Israel is unknown to you, but you have a mouth and you can prejudice very well. I said before in German to you (boynamedsue) and to you (fabs) that you should prove what you say and I havent seen any prove by now.

08:29 PM Jun 29 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

THE  WORLD LANDS HAVE TO TLAK FOR SOLVING THE SERIOUS AND COMPLICATED PROBLEMS WHICH ARE AFFECTING THE PLANET EARTH . WE ALL NEED TO LIVE AT A BETTER AND PEACEFUL FUTURE DAYS .

-

The best answer I have readen. Thanks.

08:32 PM Jun 29 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

What proof do you want? A big crystal ball that shows you everthing?

08:32 PM Jun 29 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

I just want proves for your statements, which are just childish statements and which you can not prove. 

I want to discuss with people in a better way than that. A discussion has to have an end and we can end this by proving our statements.

This discussion is just wasting time! Because after discussions there should be a solution as we see in Science. 

You just deny all the words written by others, without proving and it is going and going very far…

08:37 PM Jun 29 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

W0w ..isn't Mr.Obama great ?? my hat is off to u Mr.Obama ..

actually, i don't understand anything in politics but from what i've read if this is true. that would be great. 

11:42 AM Jun 30 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

change your behaviour firstly and then come to discuss with me. It is really amazing to see how the media and your environment effected on you. But anyway, go your way, go on supporting terrorism unconciously. The one who has right will win, and we will see it. I wonder how a person can be stupid like that.  So bye, there is no need to talk….

02:10 PM Jun 30 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

.. go on… holy USA, what a freedom Irak has now!.. ;)

02:24 PM Jun 30 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Most of these critics like you live in a cushy democracy in Europe and haven't a clue what the Saddam Hussein regime was like.

02:33 PM Jun 30 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

you do know it very well…... i said before I have no time..

02:41 PM Jun 30 2009 |