Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

People in Europ, are really Christian ?!!!!!

l.pharaoh

l.pharaoh

Egypt

If you are in europ, u must answer me

i know many people from europ , they tell they are christian but they not believe in god, So i ask how that , they answer they take religion from parents, they not choice, so they not pray or go to church

More Christian say they are , but no one of them know , how to pray , and when last time to church

Sorry , but i wanna answer ?

02:18 PM Aug 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

Listen to my story.

I was born like a Christian 35 years ago. My parents learnt me all about God, Jesus, Saints and so on. I attended the Christian Church believeing in wathever they told me.

When I got teenager I started thinking on all that and I began to denye God existance. I thought it was absurd to think to a great entity who created us to after die. My brehaviour went on beeing that one just like a good boy but I felt confused.

I passed years looking for the God existance but I refused my children's thoughts.

When I got older I began thinking about universe. I asked to myself:- Is it possible rhat the universe is unfinished? This is irrational! and :- why was I born? why must I die? I refuse to think that I was born, I'm living and I'll die.

It must be something else after my deth!

But the best thing (according to me, of course) is that I believe in only a unique God. I don't feel Christian, Mulism or whatever other Religion practiser either!

I do believe in God but I definitely don't believe in Religions.

Religions put people against, God put them toghether!    

10:05 PM Aug 09 2009 |

fd2

fd2

Argentina

MATRIX…. glad to hear that u were glad to hear what i said xD xD xD HAHAHAAHA XD well, i better won't post anything else in this forum for today xD cuz its very very hard to talk with you guys, you just can't understand! you think u r right and the rest of the world is wrong!!! xD so, its hard to understand u xD =D

10:56 PM Aug 09 2009 |

fd2

fd2

Argentina

ahhh i was forgettin xD hahah OK i promise this is the last one for today xD mmmm l.pharaoh u better post a forum asking reasonable things and not just forums fakin that u "wanna know" sth about us, cuz u just do to critizice our religion.

11:00 PM Aug 09 2009 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

who cares?

09:27 AM Aug 12 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

pop272001

I liked this answer ;D

WE all must follow pop please!

XD

06:02 PM Aug 12 2009 |

Bogle

Bogle

Germany

A common misconception about Christianity is to think that if you do good you will go to Heaven and if you do bad you will go to hell.  No one is that good.  Only Jesus.  And only his life led perfectly and his death for us can redeem us.  The Bible says that everything is permissable, but not everything is beneficial.  It also says that we as believers are the church.  The only thing about "going to church" as it's mentioned here is where the Bible says to not forsake the gathering.  But this is not how you live a good life.  My grandfather once said, "I would rather see a sermon than hear one."  And he himself was a Christian preacher.  Church is the place you go to be equipped.  If you go to school to learn a trade, you do not get paid for going…only after you have learned it and can work that job do you get paid.  Church trains you for living your life.  We should all live good lives, but no one is good.  This is why we need the sacrifice of Jesus, and this is what Christianity is.  If someone says they are Christian but do not believe in God, then they are wrong.  They are not Christian.  That's a silly thing to say.  They are only being religious in a very man-made (and secular) way.  To be Christian does not mean you are good…it means that your sins are paid for by the blood of Jesus.

Have a nice day. ;)

06:30 PM Aug 12 2009 |

shaerwan

shaerwan

Syrian Arab Republic

The problem is how to understand the religion.

I think if you are honest, treat other people well, love your parents and friends then u will be religious .It doesn't matter whether you go to a mosque, church, lalesh or any other temple. just be kind and good-natured.

I am Muslim but although I don't go to the mosque and don't pray or fast Ramadan, but I love the people around me and all my friends at my city and at the university love me as I do.

You don’t need to say do those pray or not , you don't need to say does my friend pray or not, you can talk about his behavior. finally: worships are between the person and his god and only the god can ask him those questions, so you mustn’t talk about that.

12:06 AM Aug 13 2009 |

shaerwan

shaerwan

Syrian Arab Republic

who agree with me?

12:27 AM Aug 13 2009 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Ricky..I don't care If U and Christian in Europe or everywhere, go to church only once, twice in a week or maybe Never in your life. I only care if there's someone say he/she's moslem , but in the fact he/she never pray, read Quran, and do all moslem's obligations. It's really scare me…Frown

Anyway..I also will care if  there is my best friend…even they're different religion, not do their obligations. When I was in College, I had a best friends, she's Christian. But she never go to church and read Bible and so on. I told her : "Ruth, U're really scare me..U say U're christian, but I never see U do as a good christian (i mean : go to church, read Bible, etc), "so..what's exactly your religion? if u're Christian, Be a good christian. But if not, u can choose another religion what u feel pleasure!". She said that someday she would be a good christian, but for that time  she wanted to enjoy her life. OK..up to her.

Shaerwen......maybe U'r right…as long as they do right, kind to all people, never do violence..they can be called "religious one". But for me It's not enough. Ok.. U look a good person, but still U 're scare me…(u know what i mean!!)Laughing

01:55 AM Aug 13 2009 |