Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Human Rights Watch Says Hamas Rocket Attacks Are War Crime

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Human Rights Watch Says Hamas Rocket Attacks Are War Crime By VOA News
06 August 2009

[insert caption here] A prominent human rights group says Hamas militants committed war crimes when they launched rocket attacks against Israel.

A Human Rights Watch spokesman said Hamas rocket attacks that targeted Israeli citizens were "unlawful and unjustifiable".  

A new report released by the group says Hamas militants fired rockets that placed about 800,000 Israeli civilians at risk and killed two Israeli girls.    

It also says militants that launched rockets from densely populated areas placed Gaza civilians at risk of Israeli counter strikes.

The report focuses on Hamas tactics used just before and during Israel's three-week offensive in Gaza, from last November to mid-January.

What Israelis have had to deal with the past number of years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rocket_and_mortar_attacks_in_Israel_in_2001_through_2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rocket_and_mortar_attacks_in_Israel_in_2008

08:45 PM Aug 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

they have the right to bomb all of you

It's thinking like this that got them into the situation in the first place. The past 60 years have been a record of Arab violence and aggression, with Israelis merely defending themselves.

09:27 PM Aug 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@MATRIX_07

Indeed:

http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/321489

http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/320215

You're perfectly happy for the forum to be flooded with accusations against Israel, but one extra post against Hamas is too much.

It's known as 'bias', look it up. 

09:31 PM Aug 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The fact is that launching rockets at Israeli territory is just like kicking somebody out of one's house.

Israel is not their house. They live in Gaza and that's where they have lived all of their lives.

10:08 PM Aug 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Equally a murderer or burglar has some sort of (twisted) reason why he does what he does.

A person can have grievances, but those grievances don't justify everything that he does.

I'm assuming that the grievance that you're going to bring up is blocade on Gaza. Fair enough.

How does firing rockets and making day to day life hell for ordinary Israelis help them?

10:45 PM Aug 13 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Hamas is resisting the Israeli occupation like Poles who were struggling resisting the conquest of Germany during the world war II.

That's a very fortright and arrogant comparison, no offense.

The Germans had no right to be in Poland and conquered a sovereign state. The comparison that Israel is occupying and killing the Palestinians in the same way is silly.

Here, it's a bunch of religious fanatics who control a strip of land on the border of a country, sending rockets to kill and harass the inhabitants. 

12:00 AM Aug 14 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

You may not want to get into a discussion about it, but some of these statements are just impossible to let fly by.

How is the security barrier a 'racial seperation' wall?

some unduly burdensome requirements in order to acknowledge the Palestinian state

One of the requirements is that the PA recognize Israel's right to exist. Why is that unduly burdensome?

12:28 AM Aug 14 2009 |

ambitious rody

Egypt

what aboring post!! i feel sick of  it .

12:44 AM Aug 14 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

So defenders of the Zionist fanatical regime are cherry picking the HRW reports they like while seeking to discredit HRW! See: 

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2009/08/14/false-allegations-about-human-rights-watch-s-latest-gaza-report Israel is making false allegations against Human Rights Watch reports on Israel's shooting of 'white flag' civilians.

If you rely on 'news' feeds from Propagandist sources like Voice of America you can't be expected to be taken seriously.

10:59 AM Aug 15 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@otooziki:

So defenders of the Zionist fanatical regime are cherry picking the HRW reports they like while seeking to discredit HRW! See: 

Maybe with explosive language like that, you may wish to go and live with the Arabs, they'll be more inclined to accept terms like that. It seems like you're trying to chum up to them on here.

Israel is making false allegations against Human Rights Watch reports on Israel's shooting of 'white flag' civilians. 

Israel is making the false allegations? Isn't the first allegation maker that should be up for criticism if there is any?

Hamas Terrorist Hides Behind White Flags

I think videos like this help show who exactly is doing what.

And just to support the false front of being objective, the word to use would be : 

Human Rights Watch reports on ALLEGED Israel's shooting of 'white flag' civilians.  

I know its common practice for irrational direct condemnations of Israel, but in most other cases the process is innocence until proven guilt.

02:01 PM Aug 16 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

1. I deliberately used the word 'fanatic' because that is what you used in this forum to describe the Palestinians in Gaza … (just incase you go back and change it I've copied it here!) Fabs: Here, it's a bunch of religious fanatics who control a strip of land on the border of a country, sending rockets to kill and harass the inhabitants.  So you don't like it when I call Israel fanatical or a regime! Too derogatory for you?

2. I did not use the word alleged because Human Rights Watch did not use the word alleged! And I thought you trusted HRW as a source, but of course only if it backs up your zionist biased narrow minded view, eh?

3. I'm not trying to 'chum up' with anyone, and I being of NO RELIGION MYSELF (is that chumming up to Arabs of muslim or christian or any other faith?) I have the freedom of mind to decide for myself who the aggressors are in the world today, and it seems 90% of them are from Jewish or Christian Government leaders!  The reason you try so hard to discredit anything I say is because you know that I am an englishwoman with no religious or ethnic connection to the Palestinians and you know I defend them only because I BELIEVE THEY ARE BEING UNFAIRLY TREATED!

02:17 PM Aug 16 2009 |