Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

if you have one million dollar,what will you do?

future1988

future1988

China

if one day you find that you own one million dollar,what will you plan to do in your life?

02:51 PM Aug 17 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

SummerDaisy

China

go to south Ameirican,i love traveling

02:08 AM Aug 19 2009 |

violet166

violet166

Poland

at least u live in"democratic" land

sometimes, I think that democracy is the worst kind of governance, government can't make any law because trade unions don't agree, although it's the best what governement can do. :/

even i think million dollars cant help them even if u would give them ;S

yeah, I know… but even if I could give my government billion dollars, they still would have problem how spend these money.. :/

08:53 AM Aug 19 2009 |

violet166

violet166

Poland

be more optimistic

in my country? it's rather impossible.. :S politicians in poland always will argue even if it is stupid, not important thing.. :/

if that's ur aim.

I must make u sad… it's not my aim… actually I don't need so much money… if I will have such money – ok, if not – I won't cry because of that.

09:11 PM Aug 19 2009 |

ilona.vienna

China

after reading all of these comments above, i laugh a lot. so kind people!

i always believe that interest-first is the nature of our human being.  so you really will give your money to others without any reason just bcs u're kind & generous? you won't feel unfair nobody give you money when you are poor? give your money to the government? as i know, people give money to the gorvement bcs he wants something interest him. and your one billion dollars  can not solve any proplem of government! maybe the salary of the government will get rise a little and a while.

we china has an old saying: it is more better to teach someone how to fishing than give him fish. why we should give the poor kids money? bcz we want them live more better,but after they spend all of the money you give, what  should they do? what is the situation?poor again!!! if i will really want to do some  good indeed, i will help the education of my homedown,help the kids to receive the high education. money is the fish,education is the skill of fishing.

there are so many millionares in the world,but what is the percentage of them to give their money to the poor kids,to the charity? we can not blame to them,bcs it is not their duty.

01:56 AM Aug 20 2009 |

beruang_madu

Indonesia

if i have one million dollar i will build house to poor families and give schoolarship for their children,,so i hope that will actuall happen,,

01:56 AM Aug 20 2009 |

THE_ONE

THE_ONE

Israel

i will try to make it 2 millions…hehehehehe

03:46 AM Aug 20 2009 |

yulu840902

yulu840902

China

If I have one million dollars(about 6.84 miliions RMB), I would spend fifty thousand dollars to buy 3-4 set of real easte with two rooms for investment in surburbs, and put twenty thousand dollar into stock market,and save thirty thousand dollar in bank. I will put the revenue of asset combination into charity, such as construction of Hope primary school or assistance to AIDS patient.

08:39 AM Aug 20 2009 |

violet166

violet166

Poland

or u can candidate ;D

maybe in future! ;D

IF u read news u can see what is going in some less democratic,less peaceful lands

yeah, I know… actually I should be happy that I live in democratic country..

so you really will give your money to others without any reason just bcs u're kind & generous?

without reason? what if I know people who need money? as I said, I know one family who need money; 15-years old boy is sick, and in future probably he'll lose his eyesight, so why couldn't I help him if I could?right? or maybe I should tell him 'get lost! I have money and u hasn't! haha!' I haven't intend give money people who I don't know… ok? I'd see that my money change sth in sb's life.

you won't feel unfair nobody give you money when you are poor?

I don't expect that sb give me fucking money, they haven't reasons to give me, yeah? anyway, I think that if I don't earn money alone, nobody gives me money free.

give your money to the government? as i know, people give money to the gorvement bcs he wants something interest him.

yeah! I'd give money governmet and tell them that I want be prime minister, I think it great idea! don't u think? :> (it's irony, of course)

and your one billion dollars can not solve any proplem of government! maybe the salary of the government will get rise a little and a while.

yeah! but now we have crisis, if u didn't notice, and every money is needed, isn't it? anyway, I haven't intend give them any money. 

if i will really want to do some good indeed, i will help the education of my homedown,help the kids to receive the high education. money is the fish,education is the skill of fishing.

high education.. u mean what? high school or maybe university? lol.. I tell u one thing, IF my village would need school and I'd have such money, I'd give for build… but here we don't need more schools, and sorry but even the poorest kids go to school, have books and clothes. anyway, what if u give money for school and later kids won't want learn? will u force them to study?

there are so many millionares in the world,but what is the percentage of them to give their money to the poor kids,to the charity? we can not blame to them,bcs it is not their duty.

yeah, of course. and they have to pay tax for this, that they give sb money. nice. :>

09:42 AM Aug 20 2009 |

JunYi

JunYi

Singapore

i will keep part of them in the bank(the safest one).the rest spend…...

so that i would always have money to spend as long as the bank will not close up.

haha..

04:15 PM Aug 20 2009 |

ancia15

Poland

I will travel all over the world. I would help other

06:32 PM Aug 20 2009 |