Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

would you still believe?

gkisseberth

Germany

Just for a moment, entertain the possibility that scientists could disprove a particular religious beleif. 

IF scientists disproved your religious belief, would you still continue to beleive, despite the scientific evidence against it?  

06:15 PM Aug 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

@devin…

About 2000 years ago,Jesus came to this earth and christanity cmae afterwards,

About 1400 years back,Mohmmed came to this earth & islam came afterwards.

About 500 years back Goru Nanak came to this earth & sikh religion came afterwards.

all the names God,allah & waheguru are the invetions of man.If they were the creator of whole of this life ,where they have been before them.

Maybe you don't know that Judaism, Christianity are God's religions, too. There have been over 100 000 prophets to the world and all of them informed humans about God but humans are TRAITORs and everybody knows that. Adam was the first man on the world and he WAS a prophet, too.  So "there they have been before them"

All these Gods are beliefes just & their idea was dropped in our mind by the founders of the religions

Hz Mohammad was a poor man in the desert who has worked with goats. He couldnt read and write and you say their idea, in that case the Qur'an was dropped in our mind by the founders of the religions. Tell me who taught Hz Mohammad reading and writing and all the knowledge in the Qur'an. 

Your philosophy was put forward in the enlightenment time and it is just to say for the greek gods.

How can we imagine about the real creator? Is he dependent upon our words ? He must be some power words are just empty words.

empty words?  if it was some power, wouldn't it be empty words, too?  power is a word, too.

08:41 PM Aug 30 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Gkiss, Can you tell me what is Evidence according to "you" ?

evidence for what? for God. None

If God showed you an evidence then you would believe? 

Yes 

If you turn around and look at the sky and the environment, you can understand that you are in the world for something special.

Why is that obvious? Why does there have to be some special reson for our existence. Other than that your god says so (according to someone who says your god told him that) Thy sky, the environment, the universe are indeed amazing things but they don't require a god for me to appreciate them or a god to have creatd them. 

There were many proves of God in the history. I don't think the stories of the prophets are just tales..

I think they are just that unless you can prove otherwise.  

want your scientific explanation that God does not exist 

please answer me this question 

I think science can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God. 

For me, there is no credble evidence that a god exists. I cannot be 100% certain of that, but I can be certain enought that I choose to live my life as if there are no gods (or fairies, or invisible pink unicorns, etc.)  

12:27 AM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

What is religion that we talk about??

Assume it's your religion, if you have one.

how is the statement or evidences of scientific that against religion. 

It doesn't matter, really, just try to assume it's strong enough to disprove the existence of your god.  

What do u mean here is Islam religion or others??  

the religion of the person answering the question.  

12:30 AM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

gkissberth, If a new object or a machine, which no one in the world has ever seen or heard of before, is shown to you or any other person and then a question is asked, " Who is the first person who will be able to provide details of the mechanism of this unknown object and operate it?" What would you say?

Yes, yes, same old tired arguement, but lets play:

I would say the first person or persons to be able provide details and opeate the object will probably be the person or team studying it assuming they have the appropriate knowledge, skills, etc. Maybe they'll send it to Area 51. 

12:35 AM Aug 31 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Yes, it is the same old argument, but at least I've made a conclusion; gkissberth counts on assumption very much. 

01:36 AM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

IF SCIENTIST PROVE QURAN WRONG THEN I WONT BE A MUSLIM ANY MORE!

thank you for at least being able to consider the hypothetical, Leaf.  

01:41 AM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Yes, it is the same old argument, but at least I've made a conclusion; gkissberth counts on assumption very much. 

Thank your for answering, Rosella 

what assumption? 

01:44 AM Aug 31 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"Oh I love osama Binladen so much :/He is probably having afternoon teah with allah now.:)"

if u know Allah well, u will not say such ignorant statment….
at any way, u will death willy or nilly, sooner or later, and u will meet Him…...

08:28 AM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

You were always barking that there is no evidence and science is "God" for you…We gonna see how science will deal your neverending health problems, since it is your God ? u will be dispointed…?! 

Right, there is no credible scientific evidence for gods.

I've never said tht science is my god. since i don't beleive in gods that would follow, eh?

Science is doing quite well with my health issues. Skilled surgeons were able to deal with my stenosis, and I've no more pain in my shoulder as the result of recent treatments. Working  a lot bette than prayer, I would imagine.  

12:29 PM Aug 31 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Thank you for answering, Rosella

I hope you are not offended, sir. This Rosella is just imitating you :)

what assumption?

"I would say the first person or persons to be able provide details and operate the object will probably be the person or team studying it assuming they have the appropriate knowledge, skills, etc. Maybe they'll send it to Area 51."   

01:06 PM Aug 31 2009 |