Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Who is the top international famous person from your country?

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

In Uruguay I think that it is Natalia Oreiro, I'm not fan of her music, but she is famous in the USA, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Russia, Spain, Italy, Greece, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Belarus, Armenia and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAqmbTpONl4

Do you know Natalia or like her?

Who is in your country?

08:24 PM Sep 19 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

l0u1se

l0u1se

Netherlands

Marco Van BastenFIFA World Player of the Year in 1992

Doutzen Kroes – Top Model

10:14 PM Sep 19 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

First let me comment about the ones below!!

I think I don't know any singers from Uruguay.. I liked Natalia song a lot :P From Turkey.. I know some songs that friends sent to me, for example, by Rafael el Roman (i think this is the name)... From Algeria I know Zinedine Zidan hehehe who doesn't know him? :P But I thought he was French.. a famous Algerian here is the singer Etienne Daho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6xQWOxwKE at least this song was famous here!! From Netherlands I think I don't know anyone :S

Now about Brazil… let me think XD

All football players of course LOL

Kaká

Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite (Kaká) 01.jpg

Pelé

Pele200802FabioRodriguesPozzebomAgenciaBrasil.jpg

Ronaldo

Ronaldo2009Corinthians.jpg

etc etc

Top Model Gisele Bündchen

Gisele B edit.jpg

A children's tv show host that was a lot famous in Argentina too(and other countries too i guess), Xuxa Meneghel (BTW I hate her)

Actor Rodrigo Santoro that was in the movies 300 spartans and tv series LOST

I don't know what else.. I just chose the ones that maybe you guys know ;) and I don't know if there are any singers famous outside here, if anyone knows, let me know! :)

12:56 AM Sep 21 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

He isnt not an Algerian, but he spent his childhood in Algeria, now he is in France…

Zindin Zidan or Zizou was an Algerian player, his parents are Algerian, but they were living in France… 

I am very proud of him, his native town is near me, he comes severeal times

soon he will be traning the Algerian team… 

Oh, I didn't know that… so maybe he considers himself as an argelian more than a french!

dont forget, he is a Muslim  and he converted Terry Henry, Rebbery who married to Algerian woman too, and also one another player I forgot his name… 

Humm I didn't know that either ;) From all football players I just know Kaká's religion!! Anyway it's nice… I know what it means for you!

01:11 PM Sep 21 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Mahatma Gandhi

Mahatma Gandhi, I don't think any one needs this Great souls Introduction

Narayan Murthy

Narayan Murthy, Co-founder of Infosys 

Sachin Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar 

2nd Greats Cricketer of all time(After Sir Bradman) 

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa –  Needs no Intro

Ratan Tata

Ratan Tata – MD of TATA group, and owner of Jaguar and LandRover Car Factory 

Osho - Rajnish

Osho i.e Rajanish

Pandit Ravi Shankar

Ravi Shankar –  Sitar  Mestro

GffesspmvccDaPfLKjTTPspA5yg=&h=340&w=336&sz=18&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=LHKTmz80P-u-NM:&tbnh=119&tbnw=118&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsabeer-bhatia%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1”>

Kwj9YMAGgqPrXPt494ZLkluayym3H8TET-odo/srk.jpg&imgrefurl=http://community.bollywood.com/profiles/blogs/srk-to-revive-fauji&usg=ctz_LlEJpl5JwwivLiMEEpm1Bt8=&h=300&w=400&sz=21&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=cCJ3g_c_D6r-NM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSRK%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1”>ctz_LlEJpl5JwwivLiMEEpm1Bt8=&h=300&w=400&sz=21&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=cCJ3g_c_D6r-NM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSRK%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1”>SRK , Indian Actor 

04:31 PM Sep 21 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

Zindin zidan, without being Muslim, is my best ever player, I like him very much, I ever saw such a talented player 

Besides, Pele, I like him too after Zidan…

Djouzi… I don't understand a thing about football players XD Not even the Brazilian ones.. ok let me say I like Kaká hahaha I just watched him playing in the last World Cup ;P

10:56 PM Sep 21 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Mother Teresa -> She is not indian, she is albanian born in macedonia : P

01:41 AM Sep 22 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

The top international famous person from my country is SHAKIRA!

04:56 AM Sep 22 2009 |