Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

CHRISTINTY & THE PROBLEM OF MONOGAMY

osesame

osesame

Egypt

1 Corinthians 7:2 is a clear example of where the the language of the Bible (in this case, Greek) acknowledges that a man can have more than one wife. Had Paul wanted to push monogamy he would have used the word “idios” and not “heautou”.
This understanding of the difference in limitations upon women and men is important because single Christian women around the world are being denied husbands because of the false teaching that a man can have only one wife.
Married men who refuse to marry a virgin who the Lord has provided them may end up guilty of causing such a woman to commit fornication. Just like the man who divorces his wife without cause, causes her to commit adultery, a man who refuses to marry a virgin who the Lord has provided for him may cause her to commit harlotry or some other kind of fornication. Jesus expected that a divorced woman would not be content to go without sex thus the improperly divorced woman (i.e. still married) would have sex and the man who (improperly) divorced her guilty of causing her to seek sex from someone other than him. In the same way, a woman who has had a husband chosen for her by the Lord but who has been deprived of that God given husband, because of the man made custom of monogamy, will end up doing one of the following:
1. Have sex outside of marriage. (harlotry) – About one third of single Christian women will fall into this sin
2. Marry an unbeliever. (fornication) – About one third of single Christian women will fall into this sin
3. Marry a single Christian man. – About one third of Christian women will have this opportunity.
These statistics are fairly accurate for non-Western countries and since the overwhelming number of Christians in the world no longer reside in the West I have chosen to use these numbers. However, in Western countries, a Christian virgin is very difficult to find and if she is willing to live her life properly she will have no problem whatsoever in finding a husband.
Now since the non-Western countries have far more Christian women than Christian men, there is little chance that their Christian women will find an unmarried Christian man to marry therefore we can cross out option 3 for two thirds of their women and you can understand how the statement that I made is valid: Married men who refuse to marry a virgin who the Lord has provided them may end up guilty of causing such a woman to commit fornication.
In fact, I’ve shown that in two out of three cases this will indeed be the outcome. The the hardness of hearts and the bowing down to the golden calf of monogamy by married Christian men is depriving two thirds of the women in the world of a godly husband. There is no gift of singleness. Women want marriage.
Since I originally wrote this article much has changed. The number of Christians outside of the United States has increased dramatically and so has the imbalance between Christian women and Christian men in those countries. Since Christian women outside of the West tend to witness primarily to other women there are twice as many women being witnessed to as men and soon the imbalance will reach epic proportions. Within ten years we could see as many as five Christian women in non-Western countries for every Christian man. What you may be doubting today as some incredible tale will be reality. Furthermore, the Christian women will take matters into their own hands and start marrying the already married Christian men.
“And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.” Isaiah 4:1

12:01 PM Sep 24 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

The first step is to consider doing something that is forbidden such as having sexual relations outside of marriage or just wishing that you could. There is one answer for this: in order to avoid “fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.” 1 Corinthians 7:2
It’s interesting to note that the above words translated as “her own” and “his own” are quite different. The word translated here as “her own” is the Greek word “idios” which means one of a kind while the word translated here as “his own” is the Greek word “heautou” and is used in sentences where the Bible speaks of someone possessing one or more of something. Notice in the verse that follows how “himself” – Greek “heautou” refers to seven spirits. So when heautou is used in this sentence it means there can be more than one possessed.
Matthew 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself (Greek – heautou) seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
The first instance above of the word “himself” is heautou and means possessed by someone but not as one of a kind. As you see he possessed seven.

12:15 PM Sep 24 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

IT IS FROM A CHRISTIAN SITE, NOT ISLAMIC AT ALL….AND I WAIT OUR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR RELIGION….
AND TO KNOW ALL RELIGIONS COME FROM ONE GOD, WHO NOT ALLOW FOR SOME PPL AND ALLOW FOR OTHERS, IT IS ONE WAY LEAD TO HIM!!!!
ALL PROPHETS COME THROUGH HIM FROM ADAM TILL MOHAMED….(PEACE BE UPON THEM ALL)!!!!

12:19 PM Sep 24 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

“osesame, I am weak at forum fights, I’d rather tell my opinion in a letter.”
OK CRAN, I’M WAITING UR OPINION WITHOUT FIGHTING, IT IS NOT COZ U R MY BEST FRIEND HERE- THOUGH U R CHRISTIAN, HAHAHA, NO COZ U R A WOMAN AND I KNOW THIS TOPIC IS VERY SENSITIVE FOR WOMAN EVEN MUSLIM ONES HAHAHA
BUT REALLY U READ THE VERSES AND THE EXPLANATIONS?

12:40 PM Sep 24 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

STILL WAITING MY SANE CHRISTIAN FRIENDS.

02:16 PM Sep 24 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@osesame

Are you ready to share your wife with an other Man? 

05:44 PM Sep 24 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

aff!

too big and boring to read!
in other words, what is written must be lies! :))

Christianity only accepts one wife and one husband!

you cant marry another one by church!

the end! (unless he/she dies..)

08:53 PM Sep 24 2009 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

This understanding of the difference in limitations upon women and men is important because single Christian women around the world are being denied husbands because of the false teaching that a man can have only one wife.

False teaching?? >.< No more comments… I'd like to listen the opinion of a muslim girl here about this, what she thinks about having to share her husband with other women… because you know.. boys are boys… so their opinion must be different!

10:07 PM Sep 24 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

What a psarchastic way 2 state polygamy,say othr ppl should do d same….:p..chrirtianity dosent allow ppl to marry more thn 1nce(as a mattr of fact religious chrstians r nt allowd 2 marry at all,as havng sex is sayd 2 b a sin by d lord)..nw suck on dat..

04:03 AM Sep 25 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

“too big and boring to read!”
THAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US, MUSLIMS, AND U , CHRISTIANS, ...WE READ IN OUR RELIGION NOT TO MAKE ANY ONE DECEIVE US IN THE NAME OF RELIGION….RELIGION IS FOR ALL NOT CLERGY MEN DO WHAT THEY LIKE…...DO U REMEMBER WHEN THEY BUY THE LANDS OF PARADISE TO PPL IN THE MEDIEVAL AGES…WHY ALL THAT COZ OF IGNORANCE OF PPL BY THEIR RELIGION….THAT’S WHY CHRISTIANITY HAD BEEN DEFORMED!!!
BEEN DEFORMED

06:17 AM Sep 25 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

THE CHRISTIAN SCHOLAR HERE , WHO WROTE THOSE WORDS, MENTIONED HIS REFERENCES…WHILE U DOESN’T BRING ANY EVIDENCE ....JUST UR OWN LITTLE KNOWLEDGE….
RELIGION NOT BASED ON “POINT OF VIEWOTHERWISE WE WILL HAVE 5 MILLIARD RELIGION, OR BECOME LIKE CHRISTIANS, HAVE THE NAME OF RELIGION ONLY AND EVERY ONE FOLLOW WHAT HE LIKES!!!!

06:23 AM Sep 25 2009 |