Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you study for scores?

only纯纯

only纯纯

China

Hello,everyone.I am a 13-year-old girl from China.I am in Grade Nine now.

In China,from grade-school to college,students,teachers,parents-all are struggling for high scores.Innocent

So I have to do much homework in order to get high scores.Sometimes I feel tired and upset.Surprised

I want to know if students in other countries also study for scores.Can you tell me?Tongue out

(My English is very poor,so maybe there're many mistakes in this article.Please tell me,thank you.)Smile

01:53 AM Oct 06 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

only纯纯

only纯纯

China

Tongue out

12:19 PM Oct 10 2009 |

noguti

noguti

Brazil

Well…. I guess most of people just study for scores. Because you must have a high score in order to be approved…

It's awful… we should value what we learn, and not the score that we get on a test… =/

07:46 PM Oct 10 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Your English is not really bad :)

Though we all care about scores throughout studying periods, but let's look at the bright side and forget about the materialistic life; learning everyday increases your knowledge and expands your discoveries in this wonderful life.

Be happy and study!

09:07 PM Oct 12 2009 |

Sleepy-sheep

Taiwan

I think  every student in Asia face a lot of difficuties in schoolwork even we don't want.

But, what can we do?

Sometimes, i'm upset, too.

Why should I go to school very seriously, do not get good results in.Just face the matter, and you will feel better.

08:53 AM Oct 14 2009 |

abosalahaddine

Algeria

at the beginning .the scores  should be our main aime.but  later on  when we get the taste of knowledge.love to search.eager to know more

here .of course.we don.t study for scores.love knowledge would be  a part of us.

also. it is up to the meaning of (scores) we bear in mind .if we mean it in its broad meaning.we will always study fr scoresaiming to  know more.to succeed.to educate ourselves.to be happy.to enjoy our hobbies and so on.

10:54 AM Oct 14 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

well.. actually.. i never cared about many i scored in a test when i was in high school. 

i only wanted to graduate that's all.. xD but i got some nice knowledge from the other teachers @_@

11:18 AM Oct 14 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Don't learn for school or university, Learn for yourself. 

03:59 PM Oct 14 2009 |

ConnieLeung

Hong Kong

I study for scores and knowledge at the same time. In order to study in a famous university in the future, I realy need to focus much attention on the scores I have. That is the reason for we resort to different kinds of key to get the high mark. An academic degree also help us apply for a good position because every employer will take our scores into consideration. The degree which we have is determining factor in finding a job.However, knowledge that we learn at school isn't in vain, we can also apply both technique and knowledge in our career and daily life.

04:00 PM Oct 17 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I will be honest: 

I study for learning new things because I like it, but I am very ambicious about my scores, so I always wanna get the highest ones :) 

08:10 AM Oct 22 2009 |