Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Evolution is just a theory (not a fact) which became a DOGMA in you

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

http://www.evanwiggs.com/articles/reasons.html

http://www.biblelife.org/evolution.htm

http://www.rooms3d.com/theory/evolution.htm

http://saif_w.tripod.com/curious/evolution/muz/muz-part3.html

http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_151_200/muslim_responses_to_evolution.htm

12:17 PM Oct 12 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

:S:S:S:S  have you opened any of those pages?  

this also shows your lack intelligence in every country!!!

12:44 PM Oct 12 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

illiterate about science :D:D   how can someone be so stupid to open a page and read?

you are an example for this (disprove it if you are so educated)

Children believe the Theory of Evolution because they have been brainwashed by the education system. Kids are taught that life can evolve given enough time. This is a false statement without any scientific support. They are taught that if given enough time, a monkey at a typewriter could punch keys at random and eventually type President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. This is nonsense. These government-educated kids actually believe this nonsense. Just ask one of them. Time does not make impossible things possible. As an example, a computer was programmed in an attempt to arrive at the simple 26-letter alphabet. After 35,000,000,000,000 (35 trillion) attempts it has only arrived at 14 letters correctly. What are the odds that a simple single cell organism could evolve given the complexity of more than 60,000 proteins of 100 different configurations all in the correct places? Never in eternity! Time does not make impossible things possible. Don't believe that nonsense.

12:45 PM Oct 12 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

They are taught that if given enough time, a monkey at a typewriter could punch keys at random and eventually type President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. This is nonsense.

Of course it's nonsense, because no children are being taught that or anything like it. 

Time does not make impossible things possible. As an example, a computer was programmed in an attempt to arrive at the simple 26-letter alphabet. After 35,000,000,000,000 (35 trillion) attempts it has only arrived at 14 letters correctly.

You have some information on how this computer was programmed? Seems a rather stupid program if you ask me. 

02:41 PM Oct 12 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

A few ppls denial of a certain fact dosnt change d fact itself,...at first start believng all animal beings r equal …being d human race 1 of thm nly,...aftr u leave ur racist behaviour 2wards othr animls n get rid of ur superiority cmplx..,

04:37 PM Oct 12 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

..may b thn it wudnt b so hard 2 accept..i knw d nxt thng u’ll say is tht humans r d smartst n above all.as god wantd thm 2 b(watevr..i’l say cnsidr ursels lucky ,n cnsidr d astroyed whch hit earthlngs 65 mill yrs ago ur god thn….

04:45 PM Oct 12 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

..may b thn it wudnt b so hard 2 accept..i knw d nxt thng u’ll say is tht humans r d smartst n above all.as god wantd thm 2 b(watevr..i’l say cnsidr ursels lucky ,n cnsidr d astroyed whch hit earthlngs 65 mill yrs ago ur god thn….

04:45 PM Oct 12 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

..or a dianosaur wud’v been chewing on a human kabab at ths mmnt,or may b u sud thnk d sea ..whch didnt giv dolphns d oppurtunity 2 experiment with fire.smart n more powrful animals r all around us..u just need 2 keep ur eyes opn,n thnk god 4 all u r 2day

04:54 PM Oct 12 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

I wonder how someone can defend something which they dont know very well. How does it work Gkiss?

Btw why do you want to defend something which is scientific disproven?  Scientific proven is something when it is 100% true. So?  Because of this I call it a dogma.

05:03 PM Oct 12 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Jinn..

Do you work for Greenpeace? or  do you exeggerate your love to cows? :S

I have never seen evolution theory is called a fact. Is that new in science?

05:06 PM Oct 12 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I wonder how someone can defend something which they dont know very well. How does it work Gkiss?

Evolution is the change in the gene pool of a population over time. Evolution is a fact. It happens and can be, has been, and is observed. 

There have been a number of theories about how evolution happens. Darwin and Wallace's idea was that natural selection played a major role. We now know that the biggest causes of genetic changes in organisms are natural selection and genetic drift. A lot of work has been done since Darwin's time, but his basic premise still holds true. The modern theory of evolution is one of the most robust and evidence supported theories in all of science. It is supported by a mountain of evidence from a multitude of fields. 

Using the word "theory" to describe it in no means makes it less valid and only demonstrates that the use has no knowledge of (or deliberately misrepresents) the definition of the word in a scientific context.  

Btw why do you want to defend something which is scientific disproven?  Scientific proven is something when it is 100% true. So?  Because of this I call it a dogma.

I suppose technically nothing is or ever will be 100% proven to be true. If less than 100% would you declare it disproven? 

Perhaps we define dogma in different ways, but to me dogma is a rigid belief in something without evidence. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Invalidate the evidence, and I'd be happy to consider a theory that fits the evidence better. To me, saying "God did it" hardly does the trick.  

12:14 AM Oct 13 2009 |