Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Who is Maryam?!

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Maryam was a name of an American girl. This girl was something different among others, and her story has always been inspiring me toward thinking about our life. Maryam was a unique girl, not like any girl but her case resembles the unwonted currency which is difficult to exist. She was so interested into other cultures and languages, she speaks around six languages. She studied Engineering in USA and after graduation, she decided to fly around the world to discover the unknown world, people, cultures and life. She visited the middle east countries and the famous landmarks. Jordan, Kuwait, occupied Palestine, but Palestine and especially its holy city Jerusalem (Al-Qudas) was the most beloved to Maryam. She loves Al-Qudas and she had always wished to pray within the third holy place in Islam and the third Kiblah in Islam. I am not sure if her wish had been come true or not. Maryam learnt to speak Arabic and Hebrew and she had dived to discover these two cultures with the life’s manners and with their people’s beliefs and religions. Maryam was reading so much and she was interested in religious and cultural books which brought her to find the way she was looking for. Islam was an extraordinary station where she stopped to pick what Islam holds of treasures. As she declared once that she inspired by Islam and this religion entered her heart immediately which then leaded her to go on with this new journey. I am qualified enough to demonstrating her impressions and feelings about Islam, but with what remains for us of her memories as she left the life after about one year she lived with peace and happiness of Islam. Maryam passed away after a horrible accident, but she still live with us with her brave and faith, she still live and will live for longer than others live. I ask and supplicate to Almighty Allah to accept her in his mercy.

You can visit her blog with this URL:    http://maryam19.blogspot.com/

07:29 AM Nov 17 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

may Allah make her in paradise with the prophets and good ppl like her amen.
and welcome back Moonman, i missed u a lot!
where were u, man?

07:41 AM Nov 17 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Salam brother..

I missed you too… I was just a bit busy and I am trying to hold my time up for this forum.

Any way… Just keep in touch and from time to other you just might probe my posts or replies around many areas..

Allah bless you Smile

08:50 AM Nov 17 2009 |

mahsa63

mahsa63

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Peace be with you brother,

Thanks for put this effective forum especialy when I read her blog who is not exist physically between us but her clue fillip me to think more about the right way which  goes far from me, who am I , where am I from, where I want to go?

May ALLAH increase her rank and  revive with righteous, Insha ALLAH.

God bless who cause resuscitate like you and Maryam.

09:26 AM Nov 17 2009 |

Mary**

Mary**

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

God bless her…

09:38 AM Nov 17 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Thanks for both of you brothers…. I am really so glag to having cross your comments…. May Allah domicile Maryam Paradise

10:38 AM Nov 17 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

the famous landmarks. Jordan, Kuwait, occupied Palestine, but Palestine and especially its holy city Jerusalem

I love the way articles from Islamic websites sneak in the usual attacks and delegitimization of Israel.

For something to be occupied, it actually has to exist.  Instead, a country is invented underneath the feet of another.

10:55 PM Nov 17 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

SmileLovely sister aliyatul_h
ikmah

Maa Sha Alla… u are amazing for what you have added …. Woman in Islam is so great… And whoever takes Islam seriously will gain the happiness and peace…

The blog of our passed SiSter Maryam is a treasure for all the muslim women and for us too..

We have to know Islam deeply and practice Islam well,, as well as, we have to work for Islam to get the forgiveness and mercy of our lord Allah.. To live in Paradise…

I wish to share me ur nice blog. sis..

04:59 AM Nov 18 2009 |

repenting_soul

Qatar

salam alaikum

nice blog she gt…loadz of stuff there to read..thanks for the link

May Allah bless her

09:34 PM Nov 18 2009 |

moonman

moonman

United Kingdom

Salam Alalkum dear brothers and sisters… I have brought some of what I got it interesting of what I have read for our passed Sister Maryam in her bolg. For a reason that I feel may some will not be lucky to match his search and catch this special post of her. I give the chance now to hold your time up to read what she wrote about her experience as she walked to ISLAM.

How I Found Islam 3asalamu 3alaikoum! Ahlan wa sahlan (welcome) to my blog! My birth name is Rosemary which in Arabic is Warda or Zahra (rose/flower) Maryam (Mary/Maria). Most people either call me Maryam or Rosie. I am starting this blog so that I can share with my friends and anyone interested about my journey to Islam. I am going to start with a brief recounting of some of the things that inspired me to choose this path for my life. It will only be a brief overview as unfortunately, I have very little time right now to devote to free-writing as I have a lot of school work to do. But I will continue to add and develop my story over time. In the meant time, I hope you enjoy my testimony of my decision to consider Islam for my life.

I actually grew up with the pentecostal church. My favorte church, and my church family is in a church called Mt. Calvary Christian on Union Street in Seattle with the pastor Reggie Jackson (although since I've been there it has moved to Renton). I was actually greatly exposed to many different sects of Christianity growing up, from Mormon life to Catholicism, through my extended family and people I have lived with in my many travels, which added depth to my understanding of the Cristian religion.

Let me first say one thing. I do not believe that there is one perfect man-made religion, because man is not perfect. I think that only God is perfect and His Word. Islam came directly from Allah to us, it is simply to completely submit to his will. Islam has been here in different forms but the people have rebelled from it over history. If you see Islam in these terms, then it would make sense to consider that Jesus and the prophets before him pbut were Muslim as well. I think that religion as a combination of Allah's commands and man made systems to implement it, is necessary for us because it provides us with a path to God's will and a guide to stay on it. After all, it is one reason Allah gave us the ability to reason. Every thing that happens to us has its process so there are different ways to go about it from different perspectives but in the end the key is to stay in Allah's will and obedient to him with regards to that, and it is easier to when you have a wise guide through religion to apply that to each situation in life.

As for Christianity and Judaism, being sisters to the religious practice of Islam, if you were born into these religions or adopted them along the path of life, if they seem to be what brings you into God's will, and inspire you to begin asking questions about Allah and what your purpose in life is, then than that's good, as long as you truly study it and ask the hard questions instead of just accepting whatever is thrown at you as true. We have no excuse not to look into religion further than we do. I know that I am thankful for having been Christian because I learned a lot for my life and it brought me to study Islam.

We must test all that is said to be true. That is how I felt about my own path. I am not much into denominations and all that, although I think it is important to find a church family that you are compatible with and are in line with your beliefs and research. I did love my church family and felt happy as a Christian, but after my studies and testing of Islam I knew it was the best tool for me to truly refine my lifestyle and direct all my steps towards God.

I love ALL of the prophets and Islam reveres them all, including Jesus, but there is no mediator needed between the people and their Lord in Islam, just as Jesus and the prophets and believers before him needed no mediator. God is forgiving of us. Yes we are sinners, but God is oft-forgiving, there is no blood to be shed, only prayers to be said. haha, I just made a rhyme! woohoo!

Anyway, I just think the bottom line should be on God and on seeking His will through obedience, worship and service. Religion and church is just a tool. I try as much as possible to understand how Jesus lived in worshipping God. This is one great example for our lives. It is right in front of us. I've always enjoyed studying the bible, and have done it diligently from cover to cover. As I learned more and more how Jesus and the prophets (peace be upon them) lived and worshipped Allah, I wanted I learn how I could follow more closely to example, as that is what as a Christian we were taught to do.

In Jesus' time (pbuh), no one worshipped him, but they loved him and followed his way. The church was everywhere, not just in a building, and the laws were followed and clearly defined to the people. The prophets, including King David, Joseph, Moses, Abraham, and Jesus (peace be upon them) would fast diligently and throw themselves to the earth to pray heartfelt prayers and were in communion with God. I wanted to go back to this way.

I studied Judaism through the Jewish studies center at my local university as Jesus lived among the Jews, before the Muslim Qur'an came around or before Christianity existed as we know it today. Hebrew was the first language known to be used in communicating holy words. This made it extra special to me. It is where the word Allah comes from (you may here its root reflected in "Hallelujah", "Elohim"). It is fascinating to learn the roots of these languages and the connection among holy words from Hebrew to Arabic to Aramaic. They are based on a root system. Each word comes from a certain root. Their alphabets are also similar although they may look very different. Anyway, I learned a lot by studying the original Torah, the book that has much of the Old Testament.

I learned a lot about how people worshipped in the time of Jesus and their level of reverence towards God's laws and commands. I felt that all that I needed to follow God's will for my life was in the Taurah, and the Jewish way, which was the original way. However, one important element for me would not allow me to convert to Judaism and go back to the old ways. They did not see Jesus as God or even as a prophet. I could never deny the power God gave to Jesus to bring his message. I love Jesus sooo much. After all, through his words and life, I came to know and love God in the first place.

All this time, I have been happy as a Christian. I am not one to shun Christianity or deny its power on people to turn to God. But like i said in the beginning, for me, religion is but the tool, not the point. The point is God. So I just want to be on the path that is best for me to be the best believer I can be for God. After Judaism, I continue to study it and I love it of course because it was what Moses and many of the prophets (peace be upon them) were and is actually the same base as all of the three main religions, and the same central laws and beliefs.

I see religion as a progression. It began with Judaism, but people went a stray, so Jesus came to reaffirm the way, and it made great waves, but some people misinterpreted it and changed it over time, then came the Qur'an, the holy words not interpreted by a writer, but spoken directly to the angel Gabriel who in turn gave it to the prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him.

I had never known much about Muslims before that except that they dressed modestly, reverently to God, had strong family units, knew a lot about God and religious practice, and prayed so passionately to God. But I didn't know what it was about. I made a friend who was Muslim and was between Christianity and Islam. We often studied together and asked the tough questions and debated. It made me see how closely connected Christianity actually was to Islam. The roots of it.

I remember one friend of mine sent me a audio file via Internet of the chapter on Mary in the holy Qur'an. It was absolutely magnificent. It filled the house with such an electricity. Even the Arabic was impacting and the translation was amazing. I learned so much about Mary and her time having Jesus (peace be upon them). She is so revered in the Qur'an. And there are more details about her in it than their are int he bible. And they line up so well with what is in the bible about her. Just hearing that passage inspired me to begin study of Islam.

I first wanted to address Jesus. I learned that not only is he mentioned more in the Qur'an than the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon them), but that he is considered a great prophet of God. His stories in the Qur'an are so incredible. I love Jesus, and it is my belief based on my study that Jesus did not mean for us to worship him, but only to stress that he was sent of God, and that we are all one and we may become one with him and the Father if we submit to His will. I love Jesus and feel I am not following his teaching by worshiping him. I just want to worship God just as he did. God is forgiving, he is merciful.

I repent and want to worship only him. I want to honor Jesus and the prophets and I do so in prayer, but not to the point of saying he is God. I also like the fact that the Qur'an teaches that all true believers, Christians, Jews, and Muslims will be received on Judgment day, and that Jesus is the messiah and will come to fight the anti-christ. At any rate, as you can see there are many parallels between these religions. I could go on for ever, but if you made it this far, I will give you a break.

So, in conclusion, Islam is the path I have found to be the most efficient for me to be able to submit fully to God's will. I love how it defines the holy path so clearly, and provides help to get you to be more consistent in direct communion with God through the five daily prayers with no intermediary required, the emphasis on purity, which helps remind us that God is oft forgiving and also the clear teachings on almost any topic you can imagine to help you stay on the straight path.
Well, I have to get back to my calculus homework before I fall too far behind. Feel free to comment! Fee min Allah Check this post from here http://maryam19.blogspot.com/2006/11/rosemary-rosie-rosamaria-wardazahra.html

07:28 AM Nov 19 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Great, but who read and know???
Allah only knows!
hope u recieved my emails through yahoo!

06:15 PM Nov 20 2009 |