Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

I ONLY WONDER !

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

How are you dear friends

I recived this nice poem from one of my dear friends who has leaved it as a comment in my post,he had asked me just to hear it,when i hear the nice voice of a child & the verses of the poem ,I decided to write the verses based on the voice & open a new blog & post to share it with all of you, hope you enjoy it & think more :

All your armies,

All your fighters,

All your tanks

And all your soldiers ,

Against a boy

Holding a stone,

Standing there,

All alone,

In his eyes,

I see the sun,

In his smile,

I see the moon

And I wonder

I only wonder,

Who is weak!?

And who is strong!?

Who is right!?

And who is wrong!?

And I wish

I only wish Is that, the truth has a tongue!

please listen  to this:

http://www.boycott-awakening.com/dl/128/fake_album/03%20My%20Only%20Wish%20(Interlude)%20[feat.%20Musarrat%20Karim].mp3

regards

11:55 AM Nov 21 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

saeed16

saeed16

12:02 PM Aug 12 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

12:05 PM Aug 12 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

12:11 PM Aug 12 2012 |

h-a-h

h-a-h

Bahrain

wow, it’s very nice poem

it’s move the feelings and emotions

I like it

thanks for sharing us this topic my freind Sina

08:49 PM Aug 13 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

How are you dear Hussein?

You are welcome.

Hope someday will see the holly QUDS be free.

It won’t be so late.

Have a nice time there.

Sina

12:26 PM Aug 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

راهپیمایی روز قدس در تهران

12:28 PM Aug 17 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

You send your children to fight armed adults. We have a word for that here and it’s not a nice word. A child with a rock is too young to understand their stupidity, but the adults around them should know better. If you place your neck on your enemies’ chopping block, who is to blame when the blow falls? Why would you place your children at the mercy of those you accuse of having no mercy? No matter how much they want to, could they possibly win? It only shows how little a childs life is valued in some places. I guess you can always have more. You trust your enemies not to kill your children even knowing that if they don’t, your children will kill them as soon as they can. You expect an awful lot from your enemies. They’re your enemies, either make peace with them or accept that all an enemy owes you is death and defeat. Whatever the truth may be, they don’t think they owe you anything, and whining about it and raising your children for another generation of war won’t help.

If my children fight, it’s only because my wife and I are already dead. These aren’t brave children, this is just sad. My opinion only.

And we spank our children. Supposedly we are the last civilized people to do so. I guess we could stop and spank yours if you wanted us to. The tank is Isreali but I’d think the idea of an Isreali spanking your children would be even more offensive. And wasn’t David the Jew? I thought Goliath was the Phillistine? Let me know on that one.

Did you even notice that NONE of these children have fear or pain on their faces? I think the soldiers are being remarkably patient. They aren’t even trying to hurt them. Even the kid in the neck hold isn’t suffering. The adults in these childrens lives are no better than the people who used children to fight in Africa or the Iraq/Iran war. I know you think it heroic, I find it disgusting. Again, my opinion only,

Ok I read this again and while I don’t mean to disparage the poem I do mean to disparage this propaganda. Have you heard the saying “don’t bring a knife to a gunfight”? This is a kid, a rock and a tank! You’re trusting an Israeli kid not to kill him! All while threatening to kill that Israeli kids family back home. Wow. As a parent that’s all I can say. That and while you don’t have to agree with Ghandi’s religion, his tactics of non-violent resistence are inarguably effective.

Last word I promise. While some may claim they are raising their children to be warriors, I would remind them that every nation and race raises it’s sons and daughters to defend their homeland. That’s no excuse for this lack of parental supervision or worse.

02:55 PM Aug 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

How are you dear friendWobblyJoe?

Thanks a lot for your comment which you left on this post.

As your comment is long and I like to answer all of your sentences based on my poor English knowledge and … so let me to write part by part:

“You send your children to fight armed adults.”

It is their decision to do a minimum action against the occupiers of their beloved homeland, and it is the first right that they have. We should be someone like them to understand their tough situation.

“We have a word for that here and it’s not a nice word”

There is no bad word tougher than to be slave of others who occupied your land and push you to obey their own rules, they have chosen a bad word which is better than the worst situation that they have, another words if you have this situation be sure you don’t care about anything else. They are trying to show others, they are alive and they will succeed someday sooner or later. Who cares about the others and their words? We have to taste this tough situation and test our politeness after that.

next comment please

Sina

09:50 PM Aug 17 2012 |

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

As your comment is long and I like to answer all of your sentences based on my poor English knowledge and … so let me to write part by part:

“A child with a rock is too young to understand their stupidity, but the adults around them should know better.”

A rock in hands of a child is just a sign to shows (There is more than enough braveness and mettle even inside their children to fight with their enemies with just a rock in their hands) and they are the children of those parents who have prepared them like themselves.

“If you place your neck on your enemies’ chopping block, who is to blame when the blow falls?”

The most important thing is who placed their neck on the Palestinian chopping block at first time? After that we will find those who we should blame them.

“Why would you place your children at the mercy of those you accuse of having no mercy?”

It is their decision to do a minimum action against the occupiers of their beloved homeland, and it is the first right that they have. We should be someone like them to understand their tough situation. We don’t accuse them to have no mercy; their action and their history prove the fact easily.

“No matter how much they want to, could they possibly win?”

They want freedom and they will win, sooner or later because they are brave and strength enough to get their aim. If you don’t want to try anything you can’t achieve anything. The winner trophies will go to who they have tried for it.so any action has its own volubility.

next comment please

Sina

saeed16

saeed16

Hi!

“It only shows how little a childs life is valued in some places. I guess you can always have more.”

And it shows how a homeland is valuable for its children. The life of a homeland is more valuable of the life of a child. If you don’t have a homeland how and where you can be free and live and talk about violability of its children? They are the most valuable children in the world who don’t want to let others keep occupying their beloved homeland. No need to say home land is more valuable than any children.

“You trust your enemies not to kill your children even knowing that if they don’t, your children will kill them as soon as they can.”

Who said that we trust them? As I said before it shows you don’t have enough information about the actions of occupiers? If you like to know, I can show a lot of photos of kids who have killed by them. And it is their absolutely right to kill their enemies. Who doesn’t? Do you make mercy against your enemy? Exactly you don’t do that.

“You expect an awful lot from your enemies. They’re your enemies, either make peace with them or accept that all an enemy owes you is death and defeat.”

Who said that? Enemy is enemy and the duty of any of us is one of the clearest things in the world against it. As you see we know the rule of the game as clear as it is. It shows you know they are not as good as you said before to be mercy with children.

“Whatever the truth may be, they don’t think they owe you anything, and whining about it and raising your children for another generation of war won’t help.”

They owe a homeland the Palestinians and they don’t think they will go out from their beloved homeland without fighting, in this case it is not any kind of expectation or whining, it is just a small window to show who is right and who is wrong? Because the whole media are occupied by them as well, so many people around the world don’t know what the truth is and what the false is? Trying to defeat the enemy is the most valuable thing in any religion and community especially in Islam, the pure efforts are valuable, and so how we can say they don’t have any right to raise their children to help them to achieve their aim? If you have seen an ant which is going up of a wall, it may fall many times but after any time, it goes up the wall until it can go to its destination. We live based on our beliefs and we have to get our aims, if we would have many problems (as we have right now) and…

next comment please

Sina