Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

please dont use the word God to say Allah

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Hi,

I have heard many people doing the same mistake: comparing the christian God with ALLAH. This is mostly a case of atheists or others who really dont have the least idea about it. They just prejudice and lie about it and this is what I want to talk about.

the post was edited because somebody felt it is disrespectful. sorry to those.

02:04 AM Dec 29 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Ali Sadeghi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

hi Dears

i am muslim and it's my honor to be muslim , i believe Islam is complete religion in This World but recently some Islam clergies make Islam destroyed with thier trash ideas.

why all ppl afraid of Islam and muslims? why they tell us that we are wrong doer and criminal and terrorist, i don't know the reason.

always respect all ppl with every religion  if a person doesn't have a religion but they are human and need to be respected.i always respect all even Athiests Coz they have thier own idea about God and every idea is valuable.

03:54 PM Dec 31 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

if ALLAH is not a GOD, tell me who he is in english???  0_o

05:55 PM Dec 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

if ALLAH is not a GOD, tell me who he is in english???  0_o

an imaginary being 

05:56 PM Dec 31 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

i think it;s the same, cuz term "God" is used for all monotheistic religions…

07:35 PM Dec 31 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

an imaginary being

i wonder how you can say it without knowing. do you pray 5 times a day? do you fast? do you give your zakat? do you live in Islamic way? no. so from where do you get the right to say ** is an imaginary being? or do you agree that you arent enlightened and live in the darkness?

if ALLAH is not a GOD, tell me who he is in english???  0_o 

do you have another name in English? 0.0 or in Turkish or in Chinese or in Japanese? ....

08:21 PM Dec 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

an imaginary being

i wonder how you can say it without knowing.

would you rather I say "I think (or I beleive) that Allah is imaginary" ? 

do you pray 5 times a day? do you fast? do you give your zakat? do you live in Islamic way?

Why would I do any of those things if I think that Allah is imaginary? 

no. so from where do you get the right to say ** is an imaginary being?

The same right as you have to believe that Allah is real.  

or do you agree that you arent enlightened and live in the darkness?

Not at all. I am free of the darkness that is adherence to dogma regarding imaginary beings. Thank GOD!   ;) 

08:46 PM Dec 31 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

We know Allah. We dont believe. I am sure you will also know Allah.

Al-Zalzala
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
When the Earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion, (1) And the Earth throws up her burdens (from within), (2) And man cries (distressed): `What is the matter with her?' (3) On that Day will she declare her tidings: (4) For that thy Lord will have given it inspiration. (5) On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the Deeds that they (had done). (6) Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it! (7) And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it. (8)

08:54 PM Dec 31 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The idea of Gd in Christianity is definitely different in terms of the idea of manifestatiion by human form, and by division from unity.

However I think saying that the Christians don't believe in the same basic idea of what Gd is is going too far. The view is seriously flawed, but they still believe in the Creator (Blessed be He) of Heaven and Earth, allmighty and all knowing.  

4. loser God:  he loses against Jacop

This is probably referring to the Torah, when Jacob wrestled with an angel and thus was renamed 'Israel'.

How Jacob's successful struggle with an angel makes Gd a 'loser' is beyond my understanding.

Things like this just show ignorance by certain Muslims who misunderstand and misquote books that they themselves have never even read.

10:10 PM Dec 31 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Sure.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0132.htm

Isaac had two sons, Isaac and Esau. Esau hated his brother and went out to kill him.

Jacob fled with his household, but as he left, an angel of Gd met him on the way and wrestled with him. At one point, the angel touched and disjointed Jacob's heel, which is why Jews do not eat from that part of any animal.

Still the fight went on, with Jacob managing to keep the angel down. He released the angel in exchange for a blessing.  Because Jacob wrestled with the angel, he was given the name 'Israel', meaning 'he who wrestles/struggles with Gd'. That's why Jews are known as 'Bnei Yisrael'.

The meaning is not that Jacob defeated Gd but that he faced his fear, and later turned back and faced Esau.

11:24 PM Dec 31 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

:S:S:S it cant be more stupid!  Israel is a good name but now Zionists like fabs made the world hate it. is this your so called most powerful god?

11:34 PM Dec 31 2009 |