Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

please dont use the word God to say Allah

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Hi,

I have heard many people doing the same mistake: comparing the christian God with ALLAH. This is mostly a case of atheists or others who really dont have the least idea about it. They just prejudice and lie about it and this is what I want to talk about.

the post was edited because somebody felt it is disrespectful. sorry to those.

02:04 AM Dec 29 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

We know Allah. We dont believe. 

You "know" Allah in the same way I "know" he is imaginary.

12:32 AM Jan 01 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

You "know" Allah in the same way I "know" he is imaginary.

well.. happy new year. You cant know it, I understand. 

12:49 AM Jan 01 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

:S:S:S it cant be more stupid!  Israel is a good name but now Zionists like fabs made the world hate it. is this your so called most powerful god?

Many of the other Jewish kingdoms in the land throughout history had the name 'Israel' as well. The current Jewish state merely keeps on that tradition.

12:50 AM Jan 01 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Many of the other Jewish kingdoms in the land throughout history had the name 'Israel' as well. The current Jewish state merely keeps on that tradition.

:S:S:S anyway… go on.

12:55 AM Jan 01 2010 |

moon_light_2008

Saudi Arabia

hey guys .. Salam and peace be upon those who follow the guidance ..

Memo since you posted such a post .. hmmm i have my own opinion which does not reflect the islamic view of your post .. for me .. I use word God sometimes , but yes most of the time i use Allah and Merciful .. it is up to me ..

the problem is not the word its self "GOD" ! you find Arab Christian who call Allah as "Allah" but they still say he relaxed and got tired !!! got my point ?!

if i say Allah and God .. it is up to me whome to refer to ! the problem is that Allah is really there and exsit but when i say GOD it is totally different of christian say "GOD" !! i say God with all respect and love ,, they say God with refering son and weaklings to him and that he got tired and such things ! that is the real difference !

they call him God or Allah but they stil insult him – perfect he is – but for me as mulsim I call him God or Allah with full repect and refering the real charactristics to him that he referes to himself.

and heeey christians :D :D i have surprise for you :D !! our God's name is Allah ! so what is your God's name !?

most of christians don't know the real personal name of god ! they call him father ! God ! and other things but they don't know the real personal name of His !! ( i know it in christianity ;) but i will wait some answers from u )

and Rosella .. omg bless you ! i loved how u replied to Patti ..

and Patti , muslims are three kinds toward u :D .. Rosella .. and me who would say hey give ur self chance and read about Islam ;) you will only benifit your own self .. and the 3rd kind would ignore you or keep insulting and arguing with u ..  but believe me .. you know much but you are blocking and ignoring ;) .. try it .. it is easy and if you are so much proud of being christian, then dress modesty as Marry – Peace be upon her – then talk ;)

no offence against any :P P)

02:08 PM Jan 01 2010 |

gkisseberth

Germany

good explanation of your view, Moon. 

02:11 PM Jan 01 2010 |

moon_light_2008

Saudi Arabia

And Memo .. yes i really got your point .. I am in your side with 100 % percent .. but sometimes I use word God in English when talking to non-muslims.

I just explained what the word "GOD" to me and what it is to others !

02:17 PM Jan 01 2010 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

Yes…We call our God as God . in polish "Bóg" and ? heh ..

whats more..Allah means God in arabic … yes ? so Alah is God and the same name of God? hmm .. ;>

02:31 PM Jan 01 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

moonlight,

you know, whenever you talk to a nonmuslim about Allah and if you use the word God to mean Allah then it can cause  misunderstanding.  Non-muslims never know what GOD in Islam is and they mostly have the christian image of God so they imagine a christian God in their head if you say God. This is what I mean.

Of course you can use God if you are talking to a Muslim. They will surely understand what you mean. 

02:41 PM Jan 01 2010 |

moon_light_2008

Saudi Arabia

Pattiiiiiiiii ,, thumps down ! Alaah does not mean god in Arabic :D:D

in Arabic .. "Ilah" means "god"

and you still didn't answer what was your god's nam in orginial religion of Jesus :) !! good luck in answering .. ask those who knows Hebrew .. maybe they would help .. am saying god's name !! not the word "god" !

and yes Memo am with u really .. it is up to your wisdom when to use it .. but don't forget Allah ues his name as "Allah" when talking about christians insulting him in Quran.

If you argue with Arab christian , you will use word "Allah" and he uses the same word but you beleive in different things about Allah than what he believes ! got my point !? we and christians beleive in the same god but they insult him and we don't that is it! so to me it is fine to call him God and explain to non-muslims when necessary because Allah uses his name as "Allah" to argue with them in Quran .. just don't forget to clarify for them the difference betweeen our beliefes .. yes i know sometimes we got so much jealous for our God so we say "Hey christians ,  quit saying he is the same god we believe in .. it is different " because we are so much angry, i really got your point .. but it is stil the same god we believe in but again they insult him.

and God is witness for all what we said and he is the judge on the last day, so he him self would saperate us that day upon the truth ;)

Hell fire flaming and burning will be there and Paradise full of reviers and gardens will be there ,, and again truth is clear and falsehood is clear.

my regards and good topic and that was my opinion.

03:01 PM Jan 01 2010 |