Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

women! help me understand

daddona

daddona

United States

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being."

Hello people. The above quote is by Oscar Wilde, again. The subject of men and women is a very contraversial one, I personally dont understand much of it. I hope the ladies on Ebaby! help us understand them more.

06:52 PM Feb 05 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Magdielmasry

Egypt

BY making her feel that she is the most precious thing in his life By making her feel that she added a new meaning to his life

07:13 PM Feb 05 2010 |

bystander :-)

Hungary

These are Oscar Wilde's thoughts about women. If you are addicted of him as well you should 'dig' deeper in his mind, thoughts maybe you will find the answer Smile 

One of my favourite quote originated also from him.  

08:30 PM Feb 05 2010 |

daddona

daddona

United States

Thanks for the replies Magdielmsry and Bystander.

Bystander, what is interesting about Oscar Wildes's quotes is they appeal to ones intellect. and most oh his quotes are expressions of pure honesty. I should like to hear the your favorate quote by Wilde.

09:10 PM Feb 05 2010 |

Hungary

'Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.'

Laughing and imagine! He wrote this more than hundred years ago, quite unbelievable.

We think this idea we have only nowadays as results of this century but this is a proof of its contrary. 

09:36 PM Feb 05 2010 |

daddona

daddona

United States

This same quote has been stuck in my head over the past two days. it is quite practical, it is quite true. These days we judge each other by the price of the stuff they have not how valuable they thesmselves are.

09:57 PM Feb 05 2010 |

Hungary

Maybe I should read in Hungarian language novels written by him. I have read only The Picture of Dorian Gray in Oxford Bookworm publication but these kind of easy reading books reflect just briefly the author's thoughts and you really can't be lost in the book.

daddona, can you suggest me some novels written by Oscar Wilde that impressed you?    

05:25 PM Feb 06 2010 |

Hungary

btw, why does this forum figure twice? by coincidence?Laughing

05:30 PM Feb 06 2010 |

daddona

daddona

United States

Bystander, this forum shows appears twice because I kept clicking the post. Sorry for that. 

I think Oscar Wilde is known for bein funny. I would recommend you read "The importance of being Earnest". It is considered the funniest play ever written in English. I read it, I got lost in it. so funny an meaningful.

you are welcome.

08:45 PM Feb 06 2010 |

Hungary

Yeah I heard about this, thanks for your tip and opinion Smile

09:23 PM Feb 06 2010 |

daddona

daddona

United States

You are Welcome Bystander again. You will not regret reading it, trust me.

Smile Any time.

09:55 PM Feb 06 2010 |