Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Which one do you find the most difficult language to learn?

katty_87

Romania

Your mother tongue is an important deciding factor when it comes to difficulty. For example, native speakers of Italian seem to learn Spanish and Portuguese rather easily despite the complex grammatical structures of the Spanish language. On the same basis, Chinese speakers will probably pick up Japanese faster than people whose first language uses the Roman alphabet. What about you? Which one do you consider to be the most difficult foreign language to learn? Is it English, Spanish, French, Japanese, etc?

10:29 AM Feb 23 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

I think the chinese language & something like that are the most difficult languages in the world.

Japanese alphabet

Korean alphabet

regards

03:28 PM Feb 23 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

Chinese is probably the hardest. I know I tried to learn it and failed miserably. I guess Arabic would come in as second hardest. It’s usually hard for first timers and the grammer is sooooo (@_@)

08:56 PM Feb 23 2010 |

madmazail

madmazail

Saudi Arabia

Hi everybody

because till now i am suffering from learning english language even after my graduation from english literature , I think english language the one who most people dosent speak it easily Laughing

11:06 PM Feb 24 2010 |

madmazail

madmazail

Saudi Arabia

Hi everybody

because till now i am suffering from learning english language even after my graduation from english literature , I think english language the one who most people dosent speak it easily Laughing

11:06 PM Feb 24 2010 |

katty_87

Romania

Well, English doesn´t seem to me that difficult, although I am a ¨latino girl¨...Chinese is not as difficult as Japanese, ´cause they have these signs for whole words… I think I could never learn an African language, these are odd…

10:46 AM Feb 26 2010 |

ayhann

ayhann

Turkey

yeah chinese must be the most difficult but i dont think the arabic is difficult..i studied arabic before and havent trouble a lot..but it is a little hard to learn arabic alphabet and writing..and studied french a little..i can say it s the second hardest language to me..

03:28 PM Feb 26 2010 |

Gucci Yeung

China

Well seems most people think it’s hard to learn Chinese. For me, of course not cuz i’m from china :-)
Now I’m learning french, it’s much harder than english. Maybe it’s the most difficult language in the world.

03:53 PM Feb 27 2010 |

Cole1989

China

You said the Chinese writing is difficult,then have you ever tried write an article by a writing brush and in Bagu Essay,maybe it's more difficult^^

12:50 PM Dec 19 2010 |