Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

students' social development?

Daisy_ZhuYan

China

I have to write a paper on social development of Chinese students. I have surfed the Internet and try to find some information about social development. However, I am still a bit confused…

What does social development really mean? Can someone tell me in details? I don't think it just means the process of adapting to the society; does it refer to the improvement of getting on well with others from adolescents to adults? Or something else? Hope someone can offer me some ideas.

06:16 AM Feb 28 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Tsaokuohua

China

If there is someone answer it, must be difficult to understand.

09:47 AM Feb 28 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

hmm.. I hope you will get some help

06:19 PM Mar 02 2010 |

englishteacher24/7

United States

Hi Daisy,

I hope my input will be in time for your consideration of your paper "The Social Development of Chinese Students."  Here is the information from my research.

"Social development is a process which results in the transformation of social structures in a manner which improves the capacity of the society to fulfill it's aspirations." (wikipedia)  

In your research, you may want to investigate these terms, social structure, society, interdependence, sociology and tie it all in with the past and present development of Chinese students.

In your conclusion, you may want to offer a prediction of the future based on the current social development of Chinese students.

I hope this information will assist you in writing your paper and I wish you well!

Englishteacher24/7

12:07 PM Mar 05 2010 |

Daisy_ZhuYan

China

To Memothehu and Tsaokuohua: Thank you all the same.

To Englishteacher24/7:  Well, thanks again! 

I think it over for a long time, and maybe my thoughts are right.

In my opinion, Chinese students need to

1.be independent and voluntary; 2. be back to the real  world, not think for garanted; 3. be responsible; 4. keep working hard, never stop and give up when face difficulties; 5. learn to keep good human communication and  the skills of get on well with others.

Also, I gave some factual analysis, and wrote the above points in detail.

12:41 PM Mar 05 2010 |