Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

RABBI'S CONVERSION STORY!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Rabbi of Makhachkala Synagogue embraced Islam
Every person has a different way of coming to the Truth. For Moisha Krivitsky this way led through a faculty of law, a synagogue and a prison. The lawyer-to-be becomes a Rabbi, then he converts into Islam and finds himself in prison. Today Musa (this is the name he has adopted when he became a Muslim) lives in a small mosque in Al-Burikent, a mountain area of Makhachkala, and works as a watchman in the Central Juma mosque.
- Musa, before we began talking, you asked what we were going to talk about. I said: ‘About you.’ ‘What’s so interesting about me?’ you wondered. ‘I live in the mosque’. How did you come to live in the mosque?
- Well, I just dropped in… and stayed.
- Did you find the way easily?
- With great difficulty. It was hard then, and it isn’t much easier now. When you go deeply into Islam’s inner meaning, you understand that this religion is very simple, but the way that leads to it may be extremely difficult. Often, people don’t understand how a person could be converted into Islam ‘from the other side’, as it were. But there are no ‘sides’ here: Islam is everything there is, both what we imagine and what we don’t imagine.
- Musa, as a matter of fact, we were given this fact as a certain sensation: a Rabbi has turned Muslim.
- Well, it has been no sensation for quite a long while already – it’s more than a year that I did this. It was strange for me at first, too. But it wasn’t an off-the-cuff decision. When I came into Islam, I had read books about it, I had been interested.
- Did you finish any high school before coming to the synagogue?
- Yes, I finished a clerical high school. After graduation, I came to Makhachkala, and became the local Rabbi.
- And where did you come from?
to continue that intersting story follow that link
http://www.convertstoislam.com/Stories/rabbi.html

08:09 AM Mar 20 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MarcoArmaniBRA

Brazil

Maybe this link is a virus…

Watch out.

02:31 PM Mar 20 2010 |

Shafa Nabila

Saudi Arabia

:) no,it’s not virus.. This is really interesting story osasame. Allah is the almighty,He just has to say KUN and everything can happen. Nothing’s impossible.

07:47 PM Mar 20 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The lawyer-to-be becomes a Rabbi, then he converts into Islam and finds himself in prison.

Not to belittle someone's spiritual decision, but how many Muslim converts seem to 'find themselves' in prison?

12:25 AM Mar 21 2010 |

devindernagpal

India

Everyone is in some prison but we are not sensitive enough to realise facts, we are conditioned in such a way that we loose our total sensitivity & become dull. It is the total religionship.Every religion does the same ,we are tranined to see the chains as a natural attachments & we just compare one religion with the other. Every religion has his way to exploit others,religions makes us blind.

03:08 AM Mar 21 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

DEV,
Every religion has his way to exploit others,religions makes us blind.
IF U REALLY STUDY RELIGIONS DEV, U WOULD KNOW THAT ALL THOSE RELIGIONS CAME FROM THE SAME GOD TO GUIDE HUMAN TO THE RIGHT WAY, AS I SAID BEFORE NO ONE CAN KNOW HOW THE MADE WORK SAFELY LIKE THE MAKER, SO THE CREATOR SENT HIS MESSENGERS LIKE MOSES, JESUS AND MOHAMED TO RESTORE THE HUMAN PATH TO ITS RIGHT WAY WHEN IT DEVIATED!
SO RELIGION MAKE US SEEING, UNDERSTANDING ALL WHAT R AROUND US!
BTW, DID U READ THE RABBI STORY???

08:31 AM Mar 21 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

thnks

11:50 PM Mar 22 2010 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Osesame,

If you really study religions,

Every religion has his own some story about the creation of the universe & try to prove that their religion explains the exact but I am sure that there was none who has witnessed the happening, so all explanations will be just our imaginations.

Not only religions came from God ,every thing , every matter has came from the same source, even what we regard  as wrong & kafirs they also came from the same source, so we can't identify any thing which did not came from the same common source.

Not just came from the sorce but also connecetd with it every moment, rather there is no question of coming out of it or getting detachedfrom it,can we be without breathing, can we be without eating, evry matter is attached with the source.

Source whom we call God was not active alone at the time of creation,every moment is moment of creation, every moment is a moment of destuction & every moment is a moment moving the life.

What religion do is that it binds to think in one way,we think we are the only right people & others are kifirs & I can we the religious are the most irreligious people because we divide his creation in different groups & feel bad about others.

I feel that there is no way to go out of the kingdom of the existence.

I wish peace be upon every one.

01:53 AM Mar 24 2010 |

dodydody

dodydody

Egypt

"And the earth shineth with the light of her Lord, and the Book is set up, and the prophets and the witnesses are brought, and it is judged between them with truth, and they are not wronged. (69) And each soul is paid in full for what it did. And He is best aware of what they do. (70) And those who disbelieve are driven unto hell in troops till, when they reach it and the gates thereof are opened, and the warders thereof say unto them: Came there not unto you messengers of your own, reciting unto you the revelations of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this your Day? They say: Yea, verily. But the word of doom of disbelievers is fulfilled. (71) It is said (unto them): Enter ye the gates of hell to dwell therein. Thus hapless is the journey's end of the scorners. (72) And those who keep their duty to their Lord are driven unto the Garden in troops till, when they reach it, and the gates thereof are opened, and the warders thereof say unto them: Peace be unto you! Ye are good, so enter ye (the Garden of delight), to dwell therein; (73) They say: Praise be to Allah, Who hath fulfilled His promise unto us and hath made us inherit the land, sojourning in the Garden where we will! So bounteous is the wage of workers. "(74) AZ-ZUMR

09:02 AM Mar 24 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

can I post about a muslim cleric's conversion story? Or that'd be a cardinal sin for which I'll have to burn in jahannam?

05:38 PM Mar 24 2010 |

devindernagpal

India

Dodydody,

It is what you belive, nothing could be done about it.It is our capacity to belive or not to belive ,we may have doubts in our mind, we may have questions in our mind & there are so many people to answer you.Now it is our duty to find the self approved answer.One has to see himself within oneself & make it sure that there is no doubt about it.

&

Most of the time we decive our self by following others ,we have doubts within us but we hide them.

I feel experience is the only key to know the truth, all our belivings fail. & most of the times we are trained to see what we are taught. so we have to watch ourself.

01:51 AM Mar 25 2010 |