Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

In memory of those who saved the world

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

Today, 26th April, is an annivarsary of Chernobyl disaster. Honour and glory to the firemen who gave their lives fighting the radioactive fire. Honour and praise to all who fought the consequences of the disaster at cost of their health and life.

11:43 AM Apr 26 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Definitely. I remember hearing about these people in a documentary about Chernobyl. May they never be forgotten.

01:51 PM Apr 26 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

My uncle's best friend died young after his service in Chernobyl, he was sent to serve there when he was only 19. After demobilisation he has married, and his daughter was born. He has died in his 25 years old. His daughter is doomed to take  medicines all her life 'cause she was born ill. Frown

We will remember it forever!!!

05:36 AM Apr 27 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Nu Pogodi, she has sick kidneys and liver and smth else I can not remember, 'cause I haven't seen her for long time.

06:00 AM Apr 29 2010 |

Gorgon

Gorgon

Romania

Sad… :( May they never be forgotten!

I was too young to remember something, but my parents told me that all childrens in those times had to take a medicine based on iodine.

08:42 AM Apr 29 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

what would have happened withouth those firemen and pilots? who knows…

they just won a deserved place in the history as heros. 

05:36 PM Apr 29 2010 |