Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Anger & How to manage anger

kaanch02

India

Dear All,

Shall we discuss about anger here.

I'll be easiy irritated and short tempered person. I have some how learnt to manage my anger though it is not fully controlled. Still i am showing my full irritation and anger to my mom.

Can any one tell how you people handling and managing ur anger.
Pls discuss

08:40 AM Jun 12 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

JCDelacruz

Philippines

hi…i am not a psychologist though but i just wanted to share with you on how to control your anger. i am talking in my own behalf. everytime i get irritated with someone, i stop for a moment then count one to ten. if my anger does not subside, i'll make it twenty then thirty and so forth until my anger is gone. that's all i can share my friend. try it some time, it might work:)

08:53 AM Jun 12 2007 |

kaanch02

India

Thank u Delacruz for ur response. Even i used to do some times what u said. But i believe it is a temporary solution. Isn't it?

08:59 AM Jun 12 2007 |

JCDelacruz

Philippines

yes it is but at least it somehow eases your temper. The best weapon is to control your emotions. Pray. it might help

09:31 AM Jun 12 2007 |

Bo-Gaber

Bo-Gaber

Saudi Arabia

You have first to realize how much losing your temper’s dangerous without returning to the normal mood .
Here’re some useful things to control your temper ;
1. relax and give your mind a chance to rest by remembering old pictures which have been in your historic record between you and the other one ( try to breath deeply and close your eyes while you are doing that )
-
2.try to think carefully in every word you want to say ,so that you don’t use the words that lead to fighting .
-
--
3.try to listen to other people to ease your anger and don’t respond positively or negatively ,but do what you think is applied with what others say to control your anger .
-
4.every one which is angry always thinks that what he says is right, so don’t express that when you are angry ( the volcano of anger gives only sparks ).
-
-
We don’t forget the diseases that are caused by anger as well ,which are hypertension, diabetes , paralysis and other diseases which effect your brain.
----------
I hope that these things will help you to exceed this problem ….good wishes…

05:06 AM Jun 13 2007 |

kaanch02

India

Dear Bo-Gaber,

Really nice, but do u think that the mind will be very concious to think about these points at that time.

11:35 AM Jun 13 2007 |

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

At first  i think should try to find some reasons can defend for all this stuff. Then if you cant find one let be angry. I think it s still not too late.CoolJust think that but im not sure i can do it well

10:22 AM Jun 14 2007 |

Flybird

Flybird

China

I can give you some advices which I have practised. First, if you feel anger, you can count the number from one to ten, then take a deep respiration. Second, if you find that yu can not control yourself and at the edge of erupting, you can count from one to a hundred then respire. Just try your best to self control.

12:20 PM Jun 14 2007 |