Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Tell me about your country's school system

menchai

menchai

Japan

Hi!  Thanks for checking my forum.

I'm very interested about other countries school systems.

I'd like to know how your countries school systems work, especially what school events are there, how long the summer vacation is. Is there entrance exam to enter high-school? When does the school year start?

I live in Japan, and here, there are nothing but events through out the school year.(entrance ceremony, sports day, culture day, many open houses, school trips and so on)  Summer vacation starts end of July till end of August.  There are entrance exams to enter high-school so, kids has to study in junior-high school like crazy. But as you see, there are too many events in the school year to study, so kids has to go to after school class(private business called cram school)to catch up.

I feel kids here in Japan are so poor.  What they are learning at their school is to be good at taking tests.

Let me know about your country's school situations and how you feel about it, please.Smile  thanks

07:49 AM Jun 20 2007 |