Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Trust

braveheart2010

Egypt

Are you easily trust other people?why?why not?

02:05 AM Jun 17 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

braveheart2010

Egypt

hi saladin,

great words :)

02:04 PM Jun 17 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

dear kokoboko

person like u must have great friends

:)

02:16 PM Jun 17 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Hi Irene,

I some what agree to your notion that every person is capable of trust. But due to our environment, circumstances, and upbringing change our minds from trust stratosphere to distrust. Our self is lost somewhere in the mirror drama of this world. We are not what our true nature is, we label a child from very early age and give different names. If a boy/girl in some period of their childhood reluctant or bit lazy than parents bestow on them the title of 'lazy' ... and they keep repeating this thing again and again and it become the part of their identity and subconscious mind, than whatever that miserable child do, s/he justify herself to be lazy.

I usually don't paste things but I want to show one parable and it greatly illustrate the labeling phenomenon:

The Scorpion and the Frog One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then…how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh…," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

Self destruction – "Its my Nature", said the Scorpion…

........................................................................................

So, what's the message there: Never give others bad names and labels because at the end of the day we are also responsible for making the sub-conscious of that person bad through repetition. Why don't we say, no my dear this is not your nature, my dear you are deviating from your natural state of birth. Come again! Come again to life we trust you … nothing change immediately, it required our time and energy our devotion. Human being, is too strong, anybody can come back again to life, anybody can change their attributes and can aligned himself/herself with Supreme Merciful.  

03:55 PM Jun 17 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Hi Jo,

I totally agree with you this place is for learning, and growing our-self, looking for more point of views with open heart, for learning, for making our-self more civilized … this place is never for serious kind of attachments. We can attach with each other but without attachment. Even if somebody trust someone trust for the sake of learning not for taking it to real life. The things which belongs to real life should be there at real life. The things of virtual life should be at virtual.

04:22 PM Jun 17 2010 |

Nice shadow

United Arab Emirates

nice topic brave,,,

frankly I dont trust people very easily…......because some of them wear mask…... u dont know if they are good friend or not.

06:07 PM Jun 17 2010 |

Frankie Gao

China

trust is the first thing to make frindship to each other.

if you trust others and give your real might then others can aslo give you.

that you can found lots friends.

04:42 AM Jun 18 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Hi Irene, Thanks!

Yes, I agree to you, 

parents and teachers always play important role in the psyche of a person, we learn from our parents and teachers and they are the best inspiration for us. Our teacher groom us for different subjects and our parents groom our behavior.

I feel great gratitude for both of them. Though, my father is no more in this world but he was the most kind father in the whole world. He lavished on me everything I wanted, and he during in his whole life trusted me completely. My mother is still alive, she too was and still is the model of great importance for me, she still use to tells me and my family the stories of my childhood. I too never broken their trust on me.

Whenever I remember them I feel I'm a little child playing with them. 

Now me and my wife groom our children as we got education from our parents.

05:14 PM Jun 18 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Yes,Irene and I follow this proverb often! Smile

08:23 PM Jun 18 2010 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

Dear Faith, Dear Irene,

This is a virtual world and I don't take my virtual world to the depth of reality.

The same point I mentioned above, The things of virtual life must be at virtual!

That's my philosophy!

I am here only to improve my English and to explore different subjects.

And those friends who gives me time and space are having place in my heart.

So, I'm never afraid from them. The things show ugly face when people take it to their personal life. 

So, open is heart in this sense to all … to you also, Faith.

Though, I don't know you but I feel good faith about you.

The same are my friends, they share with me so many things and they have never misguided me in any way, so why should I distrust them. When they will guide me something wrong than in that case I can change my mind too. 

But they are nice and generous.  

I don't think that I ever asked someone to trust me either. 

08:50 PM Jun 18 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

Cautious persons: :"TRUST BUT CHECK!"

Extra-cautious persons: "CHECK, THEN TRUST.."

04:16 AM Jun 19 2010 |