Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

which kind of people do you think is the rudest?

louisa_happy

China

actually, i want to know people from which country you think is the rudest at first. but after a second thought, i realized that it may course a fight between people from different countries. so i changed my title.

what do you think about this? what did this people do to you to make you feel he is the rudest?

10:24 AM Jul 04 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

What do you mean with "rude" ?

Funny Rugby Picture

01:49 PM Jul 04 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

kokoboko

I totally agree with you, Irene! I think they (who are rude constanly) have big problems inside their minds and souls… And I agree that we ourselves also can be rude sometimes because of different life circumstance in order to defend ourselves.

02:21 PM Jul 04 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

If you change the question to "which people are the most blunt," as in willing to say exactly what they are thinking and not get caught up in notions of social niceties, the answer for me is Israelis. But of course, that isn't really rude for them, it's just normal. Americans from the Northeast are also more blunt than those from the South, and Northern Mexicans are more blunt than those from the South.  In China, I've found that Northern people are often more straightforward, but I've been in several cities in the south, like Ningbo, where people are proud of a having a plainspoken reputation.  

If you are asking, which people are more rude based upon them violating their own standards of politeness, well, it wouldn't be polite for me to say which country I mean, right? :)

Rudeness changes across cultures.  For example, in some countries, it is considered acceptable to eat with your mouth open or make noise as you eat.  This is considered extremely rude in other countries, like the USA.  We don't slurp or soup, and we close our mouths when we chew.  

Online, the most rude people are generally men below the age of 40.  The illusion of anonymity gives a lot of people permission to be much more of a jerk than they otherwise would be.  As a 22 year old man, I do my best to remember that my words can be read and traced forever, once they go online, and I try to keep them appropriate. But it's not always easy.

10:18 AM Jul 05 2010 |

louisa_happy

China

maybe some people took it too serious about this topic. i do really know that rude people exist every country everywhere. i just want to know your own idea,....objective.(right?)

just as the two pictures show, i think there are two kinds of rudeness. some people solve problems with violent ways, but sometimes they really seem to be nice person, maybe they are just a little over straightforword. some people are well-educated, but really cold or painspoken.

when i was kid, my parents always told me that do not make noise when eating, if i did, no one would marry me in the futureTongue out but actually not so serious.

04:48 AM Jul 08 2010 |