Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Happiness

dark_angel1

Morocco

have you ever wonder what is happiness ?

04:07 PM Jul 12 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

white-foal

white-foal

Japan

happiness for me is my best friends.

i felt very lonely in my childhood because my parents were workaholic and didn't care me. i entered university 2 years ago and move from my parent's house. now i'm living with many friends. 

04:22 PM Jul 12 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. (Buddha)

It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness. (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

06:48 PM Jul 12 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

happiness is a smile on my child lips :)

11:29 PM Jul 12 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

(Reposted comment from Esperanza10's thread, "What Does Happiness Mean to You?")

Link: http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/385502?from_search_page=1

Happiness is so easy to attain.. It is not a matter of feeling happy and savoring every joyful moment, but being content with what life has to offer.. The problem with us is that, despite God giving us every opportunity to be happy, we strive for more and demand for more..

Why can't we be contented?

05:26 AM Jul 13 2010 |

dark_angel1

Morocco

thanks for all your replies , it's all nice and right,

i believe that the notion of happiness comes from what exists and doesn't exist in our life ,these things is what determine what happiness means for us, so everybody has his own meaning of happiness, it doesn't mean that his notion is right and will actually make him happy, but it's just his notion of happiness,

for example if someone has lead a poor life hapiness will be for him to have money, or if someone were handling a sickness for too long ,hapiness for him could be to not be sick anymore and be healthy

i agree with you messy gal, i believe happiness comes from deep within, to be confident , satisfied with who we are, and have the inner strength to overcome anything that may be on our way :)

i wish you all  a happy life !!

07:21 AM Jul 13 2010 |

Jane Zheng1231

China

the true happiness is what anyone else can never reach.

12:42 PM Jul 14 2010 |

dark_angel1

Morocco

Happiness sometimes can be summarized in believing in one sentence "Everything happens for a reason" ,

so we should move on after a heartbreak a hard patch, have dreams that will serve you as motivation, and be content with the sample things that life can give , believing that no matter how hard our life can reach there is always someone whose life is worse 

03:39 PM Jul 14 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

07:14 PM Jul 14 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

i thnk its  to like  happiness

11:44 PM Jul 14 2010 |