Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What would you do if your parents tell you that you were adopted?

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Try to imagine. What would you do? How would you feel?

What kind of questions would come to your mind?

Would you try to search your biological parents?

If you were adopted, could you share your experience with us? 

06:52 AM Jul 13 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mr.Kit

Mr.Kit

China

I think it would be a joke but not funny. It is unacceptable.  But if it were ture,I would have tried to search my biological parents. sure~

forgive my poor english   orz…

12:41 PM Jul 13 2010 |

ritàà

Morocco

Oh It will be really a terrible news to hear and especially to find out that your life was just a big lie.Psychologically speaking , this person loses confidence not only on himself or herself  but also on everyone around him or her. This person can also prefer to stay away from people or to live isolated because he or she thinks taht all people in the world are liyers.And right after the first shock's effect, the adopted person starts asking himself Who am I ? Who are my parents ? Why they left me ? Are there any circumstances in the world that permit to the parents to leave their children and such questions …

But what should this person know and understand very well is that the real parents are not just the ones that gave him birth but thhey are the ones who cry to make him smiling , who get upset to make him happy ,who were awake for nights and nights near to him when he was ill and who were watching him growing step by step in his life.

03:34 PM Jul 13 2010 |

Jane Zheng1231

China

well, it depends on some different conditions: the first one is that you should think it over whether your present family treat you good and what are their opinions about your searcching your real parents; the second is if you yourself think it really makes a big difference to find out your biological parents. the most important is for you to clear the reason up why they abandoned you at that time? and are they willing to accept you as you are?

personally, the blood relation is not so important as emotions you have with foster-parents, because i think the care and love they have been giving you from your childhood is more important.

anyway, you should pay back the people who once helped you and forget and forgive.

12:04 PM Jul 14 2010 |

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

1. if u are happy enough with the current parents and the real ones gave u intentionaly. so just forget this.

2. if u now review all ur life and feel that u are just adopted kid so maybe try to find back the "biological" one in hope to get more love regardless they left u deliberately or not before.

3. if there is any crime in this issue ( like kidnapping…) give those gave u birth a chance to see u again.

looool maybe there are 3 cases i would consider if i were in this situation

02:23 AM Jul 17 2010 |

Nyks

Nyks

Poland

I don't know.
Certainly I would be surprised. I would try to search my biological parents and I'd talk about it with my… Foster-parents.

10:38 AM Jul 17 2010 |