Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Coffee time!

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Hey, do you guys like coffee? 

Could you tell me when do you think is the suitable time for you to have coffee? It's when you're reading, thinking  or chatting with your friends, otherwise you prefer just to hold a cup of coffee on the way?

They are two kinds of style for coffee, maybe one is for European, and the othere is American.

Which kind of style are you in?

01:09 AM Jun 27 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

thx worldmikel,I had ever studied it on my part-time job.but I could not remember all.so..I gave up.I go to starbucks that because I can surf internet there.

04:38 PM Jun 29 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

Maggie, 

Actually, McDonald's coffee, if you get it when fresh in China is not too terrible. Starbuck's has one "flavor" that is passable as "American-style" coffee – "Breakfast Blend" – they call it a "mild" roast. The problem is, they really don't serve it with regularity in their stores. When they do, it is still too expensive. 

In China, it is probably best to either find a store that sells fresh roasted coffee beans and get yourself a grinder and make your own or… better yet, drink Tea! The variety of Tea available in China, both domestic and foreign, is wonderful! 

11:39 AM Jul 04 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

DAR,

Starbucks does have great locations for meeting people, it is just the high prices, bad business philosophy and the bad coffee that give reason to avoid them.

Here in the US and in the UK, Starbucks's internet access is only through T-Mobile. So you have to pay for that, too. That is a rip-off. Many places here in the US give internet access as a gratuity. One chain here has a "bottomless" cup of coffee. You can buy one cup… even bring in your own mug and get a discount… and refill it over and over during your stay. Their internet access is free, too. Of course, their food prices are expensive. That is the idea behind the cheap coffee and free internet – you'll stay long enough that you'll order a big expensive meal. Although, you don't have to. 

I've put links on my page to a variety of pages from people that have many reasons to not like Starbucks: www.xanga.com/worldmikel

11:48 AM Jul 04 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

I think the commerical model is influenced by chinese habit and other arguments is well as piano.I meant there are different meaning in it.so,they often argue it.what I said is the bar in a resturant.Many businessman talk business in it.anyway,I watched a DVD called the golden age of piano.I think he spoke well.the thinking method is like it.actually,some musicans are awful.but they make piano highly.so that some of people will misunderstand it..like this

01:22 PM Jul 04 2007 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Hi Eternal, maybe you could try only milk as your breakfast drink which is a kind of totally healthy stuff.

As I know, coffee could make you excited just for a while, after that maybe more sleepy.

01:56 AM Jul 05 2007 |

Maggie_Guo

Maggie_Guo

China

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your suggestion. I thought McDonald only served instant coffee. It seems that I've got the wrong idea. In China, you know, McDonald is full of students and children, while Starbuck's main clients is businessmen and office lady. As for me, I seldom go to the above both.

I prefer tea instead. Drinking it make me feel calming down, and not worry about calory.

02:11 AM Jul 05 2007 |

gavin99

gavin99

Thailand

If you drink coffee why don't you drink a healthy coffee.

I know about coffee mix with Lingzhi that can make you have a good health.

you go to google.com and search the word "gano excel"

if you stay in 30 countrys you can try.

I am stay in Thailand If you come to Thailand I can invite you to test this coffee

Have a good time

02:43 PM Jul 05 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

I think it`s convenient.like luch boxes in convenience store which nutrition was lost a lot but it is still popular.I have never drunk that before.my father often force me to drink herbs juice when I was young.so I had a bad expreience about it.but I like smelling it and can make soaps.I will try if I have a chance.I like Thailand`s sea.thx gavin99

08:52 PM Jul 05 2007 |

Taniya

India

when we busy in some other activity, at that moment we should not take coffee. It 's lose our concentration

03:16 AM Jul 06 2007 |

enjoy0228

enjoy0228

China

I like to drink coffee when I am thinking, especially the hot coffee. Though the temperature is very high, I still like it whenever at home or company. It always makes me energetic and positive. 

04:44 AM Jul 06 2007 |