Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

IS TURKEY TO JOIN EUROPEAN UNION???

Holmes nash phil

Malawi

If turkey join the Eu it will seems good and good picture to the country and the people ..one this happien the people there going to benefit alot ..i support the uk for coming up with this idea..

04:37 PM Jul 27 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

And I don't mean to talk about actions undertaken in America to show anything bad in particular about America today, just to show that human history has a lot of bad things happening in it, and no people have clean hands, historically.  Well, maybe Easter Islanders do.  And Lichtensteiners.  and I guess Bhutanese.  

07:21 AM Aug 01 2010 |

istanbul_fatih_i

Turkey

The NewsWeek:

Turkey on the Edge

Turkey, in the hot grip of the summer solstice, faces a hazy future. For a change, Turkey is suffering from an economic and financial crisis not of its own making. Its fiscal discipline and good behavior of recent years are going unrewarded as its economy contracts, its currency weakens, and its stock market gets ignored amid a historic emerging-market boom.

It's a sad state of affairs for this country of 71 million people, with the 17th-largest economy in the world and immense potential. Unlike those in the European Union, Turkey's population and workforce are growing, and its people, banks, and public sector are not heavily in debt. Its banks are downright healthy compared with those in Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Turkey matters be-cause it is a big, functioning, democratic Muslim state that could be an example to the rest of the Middle East, and could emerge as an anchor to the southern flank of the EU. Turkey has the biggest and arguably one of the toughest armies in Europe. From Gallipoli to Korea and Vietnam, the legend has grown: "Don't mess with the Turks."

09:29 AM Aug 01 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

It is really easy to disprove the "Armenian genocide" because if we think about the history we will see that 1915 was a wartime and the whole Caucasus was a Battlefield between Ottomans and Sowjets. 

50 years before this there was another war between Ottomans and Sowjets. 1877/88 (I hope it is the correct date )Sowjets won the war and after this war Ottoman Empire was down and Sowjets, British and French had a good contact to Armenians. They wanted them to fight against Ottomans and brought them weapons and there were many Armenian groups in Eastern and middle Turkey  which did rebellions and burned and killed many Kurds and Turks. (There are still diggings in Turkey which prove this.)

At the beginning of the world war Ottomans were still in crisis with Armenians and other inner problems and they had to  expel the traitorous Armanieans to the South Eastern, to Syria, Lebanon and Palestine. If you check the population of these countries today then you will see that many Armenians live there. 

There were also kills but it wasnt a million. Some sites say about 3-4 millions but who would believe this? The whole population of Turkey was about 10 million and is it logical to say that 3-4 million of them were Armenians? If yes, then Turkey didnt have any Turkish population. :D 

If you compare this to what USA or Israel did in America and Palestine then you will see that it is much different. 

11:59 AM Aug 03 2010 |